SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   ATLANTA | Terminus 100 | 485 FT / 148 M | 26 FLOORS (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=75642)

scania Mar 27, 2006 4:39 PM

^^^They have started on the oval portion where those restaurants will be located.

CHAPINM1 Mar 28, 2006 9:14 PM

New photo update, taken on March 26th. Here's the link from emporis for those who haven't seen...

http://www.emporis.com/en/il/im/?id=446291

Peak Performance Mar 28, 2006 10:27 PM

That building is already striking an impressive pose on the Buckhead skyline, even with another 150' or so to go. You can see in that photo, that the gradual tapering of the building has begun, but still has a long ways to go.

ATLmangum Mar 28, 2006 10:30 PM

All those power lines really, REALLY piss me off. Are those always going to be there or will they be gone soon?

CHAPINM1 Mar 28, 2006 10:37 PM

They are now working on the 21st floor so I'd say the stucture is roughly 2/3 it's total height already.:D

john3eblover Mar 28, 2006 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATLmangum
All those power lines really, REALLY piss me off. Are those always going to be there or will they be gone soon?

thats what i was thinking too. man they are ugly

CHAPINM1 Mar 28, 2006 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATLmangum
All those power lines really, REALLY piss me off. Are those always going to be there or will they be gone soon?

That I will agree with, they make the area look really clustered and messy. Then again 10 years ago I suppose Buckhead didn't have the volume that it does today. Nobody would have thought that Buckhead would have being another centeral skyline district in Atlanta like downtown or even midtown.

Peak Performance Mar 29, 2006 1:28 AM

Does anybody know if the power lines will be buried as a part of the Boulevard reconstruction project in this area?

jason21atl Mar 29, 2006 2:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peak Performance
Does anybody know if the power lines will be buried as a part of the Boulevard reconstruction project in this area?

I doubt it since they haven't been buried as part of any other streetscape improvements in Atlanta, including Peachtree St in midtown. I think that Georgia Power would be the one footing the bill to bury the power lines, thats why we dont see many (if any) power lines being buried around the city.

scania Mar 29, 2006 3:25 AM

Streetscape
 
I wonder if the streetscape in Buckhead really look as good as the rendering, because the streetscape improvements here in Midtown are not that impressive. Though, I do feel that it looks better than what it was before.

Curious Atlantan Mar 29, 2006 4:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scania
I wonder if the streetscape in Buckhead really look as good as the rendering, because the streetscape improvements here in Midtown are not that impressive. Though, I do feel that it looks better than what it was before.

Good or bad, I wonder if it's ever going to start. I am aware of this streetscape project being on the table for the last 10 years or so, it has been postponed many times. There are some nice building projects in Buckhead, but as far as the public space, man it sucks soooo bad. Looks like after a bombardment.

scania Mar 29, 2006 4:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curious Atlantan
Good or bad, I wonder if it's ever going to start. I am aware of this streetscape project being on the table for the last 10 years or so, it has been postponed many times. There are some nice building projects in Buckhead, but as far as the public space, man it sucks soooo bad. Looks like after a bombardment.

They have started on streetscape in Buckhead. I didn't think any work would be done at night, but I got caught in it one night last week. The traffic was HELL, I was so pissed I was stuck in it. They were cutting down all of the trees.

Labtec Mar 29, 2006 10:23 PM

Looking good.

CHAPINM1 Apr 19, 2006 10:56 PM

Any photo updates? When is topping out projected and have they started the steel structure on the upper part of the building?

smArTaLlone Apr 22, 2006 8:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason21atl
I doubt it since they haven't been buried as part of any other streetscape improvements in Atlanta, including Peachtree St in midtown. I think that Georgia Power would be the one footing the bill to bury the power lines, thats why we dont see many (if any) power lines being buried around the city.

Thats not true, they have buried some power lines in Midtown "wherever possible".

The Buckhead project according to the plan is also supposed to bury power lines but GA power does not pay for it.

jfsatlbldr Apr 24, 2006 2:36 AM

Street view taken Sunday 4-23-06, 24th slab pouring, 6 more slabs then the 100' crown;
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...4-23-06023.jpg

Stratosphere 2020 Apr 25, 2006 7:07 PM

Facade looks good..somewhat similar to 1180 peachtree

SteveD Apr 25, 2006 7:13 PM

I like it. I sure wish it would have made economic sense to go a litte higher. They will only have the limelight a short while, I fear, as two taller (and, IMO, both equally if not more architecturally dramatic) structures are now underway immediately adjacent along Peachtree.

ATLmangum Apr 25, 2006 7:16 PM

I have the feeling that it will be fairly lit up at night like 1180.

SteveD Apr 25, 2006 7:24 PM

Also, in my opinion the actual construction is turning out nicer than the original render (see page 1). I'm not an architecture guy (I'm a civil engineer) so feel free to correct my terminology, but I like the horizontal "reveal" detail on every second floor. That wasn't really shown in the original render, and I think it adds considerable visual interest to the building.


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.