SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   San Antonio (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=447)
-   -   {SA} 10-Story Justice Center Breaks Ground Downtown (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157889)

miaht82 Sep 18, 2008 6:54 PM

..... on Durango.

miaht82 Oct 26, 2008 9:35 PM

Mobile crane and crews were at work on Friday, they have to excavate a bit to attach the basements but we should see some real movement at the site.

KevinFromTexas Oct 27, 2008 12:27 AM

Has anyone seen a rendering yet? What architecture firm is designing it?

gunadic Oct 27, 2008 4:14 PM

I was reading that first press-release, and I think it might come down to the wire actually in terms of being Bexar county's first LEED certified building. Trinity already remodeled two of its dorms to meet spec. I think one of the only things left is for them to ban smoking, then they can apply...

miaht82 Nov 23, 2008 7:33 PM

I have it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas (Post 3876923)
Has anyone seen a rendering yet? What architecture firm is designing it?

Yes
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3287/...0157eb.jpg?v=0
and Kell Munoz Architects.
from bexar.org:

jaga185 Nov 23, 2008 9:31 PM

It's nice, I like that it is red and not brown or beige. I do like the rooftop terrace, nice touch to what could have been an atrocity.

alexjon Nov 23, 2008 11:48 PM

Nice!

KevinFromTexas Nov 24, 2008 3:36 AM

That is a very nice building. I love the color. Kell Munoz Architects also designed the justice center behind it, and it looks like they did a fairly good job with blending them.

STLtoSA Nov 24, 2008 7:19 PM

I just threw this map together for a visual aid.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...ticeCenter.jpg

The KMART site is the number one option. There are alternative sites, but the KMART is by far the best location.

adtobias Nov 25, 2008 5:39 AM

What is the old kmart site an option for

STLtoSA Nov 25, 2008 1:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adtobias (Post 3933398)
What is the old kmart site an option for

The new police headquarters.

miaht82 Feb 5, 2009 1:49 AM

from bexar.org newsletter
Quote:

CONSTRUCTION UPDATE!
Walking by the Courthouse and Justice Center, it's hard not to notice the flurry of construction
activity and noise, as several projects are underway. If you are curious how these projects are
progressing, here is an update. Once complete, these improvements will benefit all of us!
The Justice Center II (County Administration Building) project is on schedule. The temporary entrance/exit
at the south end of the Justice Center is in place and will remain for the duration of the project. There will be a
brief period of time, a few months from now, when the south entrance/exit will close while the contractor connects
the new connector building to the south face of the Justice Center. The project will hit a milestone late in
2009 when the entire beam structure is completed.
The Courthouse roof replacement will begin the end of February. The existing tiles were placed in 1926-27 and
have expired. Therefore, a total replacement of tiles and materials underneath the tiles is needed. This will result
in a 75-year roof. The company that produced the historic Spanish tiles is still in business but they no
longer produce our specific courthouse tiles. Since we will be ordering a large quantity, they have agreed to remanufacture
what we need, to match the existing glazed clay tiles and keep our courthouse historically intact.
The Adult Probation Office Building located across the street
from the Jail is making great progress, and a ribbon-cutting will
be scheduled for the $17 million dollar, 100,000 square foot
building near the end of March.

miaht82 Apr 20, 2009 4:47 PM

Tall steel structure that will connect the basement- 6th floors is up. Also noticed that the City Hall annex is getting ready to be torn down. Fenced all around and the inside looks like it is already being stripped.

Paul in S.A TX Apr 22, 2009 2:19 AM

I hope the SAPE/SAFD building has some height and is built at Hemisfair park.

sakyle04 Apr 22, 2009 1:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miaht82 (Post 4205532)
Tall steel structure that will connect the basement- 6th floors is up. Also noticed that the City Hall annex is getting ready to be torn down. Fenced all around and the inside looks like it is already being stripped.

interesting...... :rolleyes:

royal744 Apr 29, 2009 7:41 PM

Justice Center

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan5021 (Post 3803805)
I just heard on Woai that ground was broken today for a new 10 story justice center downtown. The information is also on the Bexar County website but there is no rendering. Does anyone know anything concerning this project?

OK, folks, calm down. Not only has ground NOT broken on this project, the architectural team hasn't even been selected yet. The only thing for sure about this project is that it will be near city hall on the police headwquarters building site. The land deal has apparently been consummated. No one knows how tall it will be because it hasn't been designed.

royal744 Apr 29, 2009 7:46 PM

Lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by miaht82 (Post 3929996)
Yes
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3287/...0157eb.jpg?v=0
and Kell Munoz Architects.
from bexar.org:

LOL. This is NOT the federal huilding. It is a county building. It isn't even the right site.

royal744 Apr 29, 2009 7:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul in S.A TX (Post 4208750)
I hope the SAPE/SAFD building has some height and is built at Hemisfair park.

There will be a new SAPD building, but it definitely will not be in Hemisfair Park.

royal744 Apr 29, 2009 7:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miaht82 (Post 4205532)

Kell Munoz was part of team of architects that designed the Justice Center. THe other part of the team was Ford, Powell & Carson of San Antonio. They did an approximately equal amount of work.

royal744 Apr 29, 2009 7:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miaht82 (Post 4068415)
from bexar.org newsletter

This thread was supposed to be about the new FEDERAL BUILDING, and not the County Courthouse Addition. The blurb cited is about the county building and not the Federal Courthouse.