SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Europe (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   European Off Topic Discussion Thread (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153539)

Fusey Feb 2, 2010 5:14 AM

We need to have a massive Euro meet this summer. I'd vote for Barcelona, but Swede would probably melt there during that time of the year.

Swede Feb 2, 2010 3:21 PM

I'm not sure when I'll be working this summer - or when I'll be able to take time off. There is one meet I'm gonna go for tho - the SSC Nordic&Baltic meet the last weekend in July in Oslo. If some people from SSP wanna come, please do.

SHiRO Feb 2, 2010 3:40 PM

I'm up for a meet in Barcelona!

Fusey Feb 2, 2010 5:36 PM

I'll use any excuse to go to Oslo. The big 3-0 birthday is on Wednesday of that last week in July; hopefully I'll have recovered by then. :D

What do you think, Shiro? Oslo? Barcelona could be fun, but SSP doesn't have too many Euro forumers.

SHiRO Feb 2, 2010 6:12 PM

Well, I'd be up for Barcelona because I have a place to stay there and I'm going there anyway a couple times a year. It would just be a matter of synchronising schedules.
Oslo, depends on airfares and my schedule at that time. I'd love to go so put me down as a maybe.

Ayreonaut Feb 2, 2010 6:49 PM

Last Summer would work better for me. :(

I was planning a road trip through the Western US this summer, but Norway is in my top 2 places to visit (with Turkey), so maybe I should go to Oslo instead.

London and Vienna would be the cheapest for me since I have family in both cities.

Swede Feb 2, 2010 7:51 PM

Depending on dates I might be able to make it to both Oslo and Barcelona. Would be nice to go there, never been the Spain, never seen the Med...

The sun wouldn't melt me, it's set me on fire.
/pale, can't handle the sun and lives in a suburb called Kista (kista = coffin in Swedish :D).

SHiRO Feb 2, 2010 7:57 PM

Wow Swede you might be a vampire! What would Buffy have to say about that!?

Swede Feb 2, 2010 9:20 PM

Well, she did have two vampires for boyfriends...
otoh she must have killed a few thousand as soon as she met them.
odds are not good.

New Brisavoine Feb 2, 2010 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHiRO (Post 4678430)
I'm up for a meet in Barcelona!

Perpignan is better. :D

Actually, Banyuls...

Fusey Feb 8, 2010 6:32 AM

Do you live there? Parla català?

FREKI Feb 9, 2010 3:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swede (Post 4678406)
There is one meet I'm gonna go for tho - the SSC Nordic&Baltic meet the last weekend in July in Oslo. If some people from SSP wanna come, please do.

Yeah the more the merrier! :)

I still need to get my friday off - but that shouldn't be a problem - so I'm definitely looking forward to that! :)

Ayreonaut Feb 9, 2010 1:48 PM

Might be a plan for me. Round trip from Calgary to Oslo is about $1200, which is probably less than I'd spend on gas through the Western US.

Of course, once in Norway, I'll have to do some more traveling around the country.

Fusey Feb 9, 2010 11:43 PM

^ Do it, dude. Norway seems like one of those countries that you have to spend at least two weeks in to fully appreciate. I only got to spend a few hours in Oslo last summer and I never even left city center.

JManc Feb 10, 2010 5:25 AM

i am supposed to go to europe sometime this year. i'll get there eventually but dont feel like having my naked pictures being handed out around heathrow though. :(

Fusey Feb 10, 2010 7:08 PM

Every time I go through Heathrow I get frisked like no tomorrow. I'm also extremely ticklish, so everyone around me thinks I'm a freak and enjoying it. :haha:

Air Berlin has some cheap flights. My flight to Barcelona in May transfers through Düsseldorf.

FREKI Feb 10, 2010 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMancuso (Post 4691293)
i am supposed to go to europe sometime this year. i'll get there eventually but dont feel like having my naked pictures being handed out around heathrow though. :(

Come in trough another nation..

If you are up for the Oslo meet ( many of the members are former SSP members too ) you could just come in over Oslo ( either direct or using Iceland as a transfer )

JManc Feb 11, 2010 6:27 AM

expensive as hell to fly from US to scandinavia for some reason. iceland? from houston, it's high. much cheaper to fly to london, amsterdam, paris or frankfurt

FREKI Feb 11, 2010 7:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMancuso (Post 4693507)
expensive as hell to fly from US to scandinavia for some reason. iceland? from houston, it's high. much cheaper to fly to london, amsterdam, paris or frankfurt

Hmm to Oslo there seems to be a ~1000 DKK ( ~$185 ) difference between a direct and a transfer flight from Houston ( return flight included ) with US Airways and Continental - and about the same differnce between an flight to London and a flight to Oslo..

And Iceland Air doesn't cover Houston, so that is out unless you feel like transfering 2 times, one of the times inside the US :)

So a couple 100s more for Oslo... but c'mon... you know you want to - it could be great to have you at the meet :cheers:

( I'll buy a couple rounds and the extra 100s will soon be earned in that way :D )

Fusey Feb 11, 2010 8:18 AM

Freki speaks the truth! Oslo is freakin' expensive. I think a bottle of coke cost me $4.50USD at a 711. :ahhh: