SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Europe (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   European Off Topic Discussion Thread (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153539)

M II A II R II K Jun 30, 2008 1:41 AM

European Off Topic Discussion Thread

Thought I would add a skybar thread within this section for any off topic discussions, within the rules of course.

Wendigo Wendigo Jun 30, 2008 6:13 PM

Ooh this is a bit sad, a skybar that's been set up to encourage people to post but no one's posted in it. In that case, I'd better post something and, in the absence of anything meatier to talk about right now and, because there doesn't seem to be an Introductions thread, I'll just say hello, I'm Wendigo. I don't really post on here much because there's nothing about my home city of Sheffield. This makes me sad :(. Sadly, I have to view myself as being past my mental and physical peak, my favourite film of all time is Quatermass and the Pit, my favourite TV show of all time is Dr Who and my favourite song of all time is a toss-up between Maybe I'm Amazed by Paul McCartney, and Atlantic City by Bruce Springsteen.

I've always believed that a thread without any posts is an unhappy thread and, now that people have started posting in it, this thread can feel a little happier. Remember, everytime a person fails to post in a thread, a little pixie dies*.

(*And it's one of those nice pixies, not one of those nasty ones that steal your shoes so you can't find them when you're late for work. I hate those pixies. I keep them in little cages and force them to watch me eat good food like Yorkie Bars while they get nothing but oven chips.)

PS. I came across a bright green slug, the size of a small walrus, trying to get into my kitchen today.

FREKI Jun 30, 2008 6:36 PM

Nice thread... but I honestly have no idea about what to discuss here.... so instead I'll present myself to any members who doesn't know me..

Yo.. I'm Freki ( formerly known as Mr_D ) I'm a 27yo male from Copenhagen Denmark.. :hi:

When it comes to smilies this is my favorite: :ahhh:

M II A II R II K Jun 30, 2008 7:46 PM

It'll probably pick up, especially when the outsiders migrate here.

Czas na Zywiec Jul 1, 2008 5:28 AM

Well since SSC is dead again, this is the next best place. Same username there, mostly active on the now dead EE board, now I just read the FPW and post in DLM/Autobahns and Highways. Originally from Poland but currently in the States. I like long walks on the beach, etc, etc. ;)

CHapp Jul 1, 2008 7:10 AM

You mean there are beaches in Boulder? :D

FREKI Jul 1, 2008 7:30 AM

^Does there need to be ocean for a patch of sand to be a beach?

The reason i ask is because stuff like beach bars and beach volley can be done ( and is done ) without an ocean as a key part - so techically Boulder could have a beach, just not a very good one :)

Anyway CHapp from where do you hail? :)

CHapp Jul 1, 2008 9:47 AM

Perhaps Czas meant the bit about long walks on the beach in jest, Freki. ;)

But you're right, people do manage to create beaches in the most improbable places, like the famous summer "plage" in the center of Paris along the Seine. There's also an annual beach volleyball tournament in Hamburg right on the main square I think.

And to answer your question: without further ado, I just plain hail. :yes:

Czas na Zywiec Jul 1, 2008 6:39 PM

Well, when I travel to the seaside, I like long walks there...;)

We don't really have any beaches here btw. We have a resevoir and sand along parts of it, but it's really nothing worth mentioning.

Swede Jul 2, 2008 8:45 PM

I, for one, don't like long walks on the beach. Hate the way sand gets in everywhere. A long walk in a city is far nicer. Was on a not-so-long one today, seeing the site of the future new national football stadium in Solna (a suburb of Sstockohlm). That site was chock-full of grit. three abandoned railway cars of differing make couple together on a stretch of track that went from nowhere to nowhere (with parts missing making it impassible). Didn't have a camera tho :(

Bergenser Jul 2, 2008 10:20 PM

Which one tastes best?
pizza or kebab?
It's difficult to choose, maybe kebab.

Swede Jul 2, 2008 10:40 PM

I prefer pizza, but I know a place on the southside where you get a kebab and fries and a drink for like 45 SEK. Pizza is generally 50-70 SEK in Stockholm, so...

FREKI Jul 3, 2008 5:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bergenser (Post 3649573)
Which one tastes best?
pizza or kebab?

That's a damn tough choice mate...

When I order out I usually go for pizza, when I eat going home from a night of drinking or something simular I go for kebab..

I guess my vote will go on pizza, but kebab is a very close runner up... :)

CHapp Jul 3, 2008 9:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bergenser (Post 3649573)
Which one tastes best?
pizza or kebab?

I don't even have a clear concept of what kebab is.

So I'm going for PIZZA, buddy! :banana:

Grumpy Jul 3, 2008 5:38 PM

I'll go for kebab

Swede Jul 3, 2008 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHapp (Post 3650656)
I don't even have a clear concept of what kebab is.

Kebab is everywhere in Europe! At least the north and maybe not in the old East... yet.

I could sooo go for a kebab + fries now.

CHapp Jul 4, 2008 12:34 AM

So could you perhaps at least describe this tasty delicacy? :)

SrbijaCG Jul 4, 2008 12:39 AM

pork meat on a stick, i guess.

R@ptor Jul 4, 2008 1:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHapp (Post 3652196)
So could you perhaps at least describe this tasty delicacy? :)

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...g100/kebab.jpg

CHapp Jul 4, 2008 7:08 AM

Thanks for the visual, Raptor! :) Of course it would be you, one of our finest photographers, to come up with it. :tup:

So are those slices of pork in there? Or is it beef? Either way, kebabs look like they're pretty messy when you try to eat them--messier than a slice of Pizza at any rate. But then it sounds like some of you folks have had plenty of practice in chowing down a kebab gracefully.