SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   SHANGHAI | World Financial Center | 1,614 FT / 492 M | 101 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36298)

some_stupid_nut Apr 9, 2004 12:56 AM

http://download.divx.com/divx/DivX511.exe

Download that file. Install it and you should be able to view it in Windows Media Player.

coth Apr 9, 2004 5:56 AM

nice video, but I don't like that ferris wheel...

some_stupid_nut Apr 9, 2004 1:58 PM

Its near the end. The ferris wheel is inside the hole at the top. It rings the circle. You can see boxes going around the hole, thats the ferris wheel.

avcellvs Apr 9, 2004 4:06 PM

Thanks "some stupid nut" for the video and the technical infos.

Warning : it works on Macs too, I could watch the video through QuickTime with the add of that codec.

Well that ferris wheel is totally integrated inside the building so you can't see it from the outside. Good news! I was afraid it had been added after the building conception and had ruined its design. So I don't mind if they build it, but the panoramic view from the narrow glass deck will be quite enough of an excitement for me... No need to turn every step in this world into a Dineyland experience. May be it has been planned because of the future competition between the three Lujiazui observation decks. Soon a 7 G rocket lift to the top of the third supertall or whatever.

ggnykk Apr 9, 2004 7:54 PM

That ferris wheel design is 100% real and serious.

avcellvs Apr 10, 2004 10:19 AM

Quote:

That ferris wheel design is 100% real and serious
Do you mean we can take it for granted it will be built ?.
The decision has now been taken, it's not a mere option ?

Chad Apr 10, 2004 12:34 PM

One thing I dont understand is that why there are so many recent pics on those other projects around Shanghai and very fews on this World Financial Center?, I mean,.....This is BIG!!, why dont those photographers take just a shot of it?

mewonlottery Apr 10, 2004 9:50 PM

i can't wait to see SWFC to pop out! it is gonna be amazing!

Aboveday Apr 11, 2004 8:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avcellvs
Do you mean we can take it for granted it will be built ?.
The decision has now been taken, it's not a mere option ?

Yes ,there was a conference about the fire safety on the ferris wheel on february .:D

avcellvs Apr 11, 2004 9:33 AM

Thanks Aboveday, now we know.

coth Apr 11, 2004 11:21 AM

february of 2004 or 2003?

Aboveday Apr 11, 2004 4:36 PM

2004;)

PHLguy Apr 11, 2004 5:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razqal
According to an article i read, official height will still be only 492 meters. that's not going to beat Taipei 101 to be world's tallest. I don't know why media keeps saying SFC will become world's tallest.

SWFC roof would be higher

but right now im not getting my hopes up on this project:no:

avcellvs Apr 13, 2004 1:34 PM

Typhoon Square :

Looking for construction pictures of the Grand Gateway twins towers I found an article about the acceleration of winds caused by the proximity of high towers.

I was wondering if that could happen in between the JinMao and WFC (not to speak of the third planned supertall) as they will be very close from each other. Any technician among us to answer this question ?

Jaroslaw Apr 13, 2004 5:10 PM

It seemed OK with the NY WTC, although those towers were farther apart, it seems, than these, and they were not facing each other. A recent concern mentioned in the NYT was how terrible the winds were in the plaza below, though.

ztopp Apr 14, 2004 12:31 AM

Quote:

One thing I dont understand is that why there are so many recent pics on those other projects around Shanghai and very fews on this World Financial Center?, I mean,.....This is BIG!!, why dont those photographers take just a shot of it?
Most probably its because they haven't started to raise the SWFC yet. But i'm sure they will take photos of it once it starts rising. For the mean time, let's just wait and see.

some_stupid_nut Apr 14, 2004 3:19 AM

Due to bandwidth limitations I had to stop hosting that file of SWFC. I think most of you have downloaded it anyways.

avcellvs Apr 14, 2004 6:58 AM

2 some stupid nut : thanks again for the video.

About pictures of the WFC construction, we are all very impatient. I have been digging the web like craze hoping for some discovery, but nothing until now.
Unless you are a reporter or someone in Shanghai interested in highrises you'll never go on the WFC plot to take a picture. So we are left with random pics by tourists which will not necessarily be focused on this building. These days, no tourists shots from the Oriental Pearl. And these pics will have to be high resolution shots by clear weather so we can see some details.

coth Apr 14, 2004 7:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by some_stupid_nut
Due to bandwidth limitations I had to stop hosting that file of SWFC. I think most of you have downloaded it anyways.

here guys, if someone still not watch it...
http://coth.hotbox.ru/video/shjinrongzhx.avi

ztopp Apr 14, 2004 7:47 AM

Thanks for the link again coth!!