SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/index.php)
-   San Antonio (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/forumdisplay.php?f=447)
-   -   SAN ANTONIO │ Frost Bank Headquarters │ 386 FEET | 23 FLOORS │ Complete (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=211992)

fordman2800 Jan 17, 2015 3:52 PM

Any updates on the Frost Bank Tower?

sirkingwilliam Jan 17, 2015 8:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordman2800 (Post 6878718)
Any updates on the Frost Bank Tower?

Nope. Just what's known about the Weston Urban proposal and the city deciding between it and another proposal. If Weston is chosen, there is a clear timeline of things as presented in there proposal.


P.S.

As I stated in the other thread, if any development has an update, it will get posted by myself or another poster. There's no need to ask if there is any update in every thread. Any new information will be posted relatively quickly. We're not sitting on new info for poops and giggles. :haha::tup:

Restless 1 Jan 18, 2015 6:03 AM

Can't blame him for being impatient, but I get your point.

fordman2800 Jan 19, 2015 7:44 PM

Thanks for the info....I'm not being impatient...just trying to get new info.

BNF Jan 25, 2015 4:08 AM

Don't get me wrong, I would absolutely love to see this project happen, but I have the feeling the city will do whatever they can to fumble this and mess it up. Didn't they say they could make a decision 45 days after the proposal was submitted? Seems like they are taking their time. Really exciting projects here seem to die easily(streetcar, joske tower). I'm sure if it was a Walmart or tract homes in the suburbs it would be halfway built by now. Not saying I don't want this to work out, just saying that I'm not getting my hopes up.

arkitekte Jan 25, 2015 5:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BNF (Post 6888628)
Don't get me wrong, I would absolutely love to see this project happen, but I have the feeling the city will do whatever they can to fumble this and mess it up. Didn't they say they could make a decision 45 days after the proposal was submitted? Seems like they are taking their time. Really exciting projects here seem to die easily(streetcar, joske tower). I'm sure if it was a Walmart or tract homes in the suburbs it would be halfway built by now. Not saying I don't want this to work out, just saying that I'm not getting my hopes up.

The Joske Tower had its own issues. I know where you're coming from on the amount of time it's taking for this, but any developer, the City or not is going to make the decision that's right for them. If that means taking additional time to redevelop their plan, then that's what it will take. The exciting projects that seem to die do so because they aren't feasible. It happens everywhere. I'd much rather have a project delayed by three of four years if that means that it will be done right, for the right price and benefit each party involved.

sirkingwilliam Jan 25, 2015 7:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BNF (Post 6888628)
Don't get me wrong, I would absolutely love to see this project happen, but I have the feeling the city will do whatever they can to fumble this and mess it up. Didn't they say they could make a decision 45 days after the proposal was submitted? Seems like they are taking their time. Really exciting projects here seem to die easily(streetcar, joske tower). I'm sure if it was a Walmart or tract homes in the suburbs it would be halfway built by now. Not saying I don't want this to work out, just saying that I'm not getting my hopes up.

I read this and all I can say is calm down. There's nothing the city could do to mess this up.

The tower isn't really dependant on this partnership. Frost wants a new HQ regardless. Weston Urban proposed this partnership to maximize development in the area.

The city is working on a time line that it now has to honor because of the last second proposal submitted.

No need to be concerned or to be pessimistic.

Also, you can't list the streetcar and Joske but ignore everything the city has done in the last couple of years including Tobin Center, Convention Center, HEB HQ, San Pedro Creek.

Two projects with two completely didn't reasons for not happening doesn't change the fact that the city gets done way more stuff than they don't.

AwesomeSAView Jan 26, 2015 3:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam (Post 6888726)
I read this and all I can say is calm down. There's nothing the city could do to mess this up.

The tower isn't really dependant on this partnership. Frost wants a new HQ regardless. Weston Urban proposed this partnership to maximize development in the area.

The city is working on a time line that it now has to honor because of the last second proposal submitted.

No need to be concerned or to be pessimistic.

Also, you can't list the streetcar and Joske but ignore everything the city has done in the last couple of years including Tobin Center, Convention Center, HEB HQ, San Pedro Creek.

Two projects with two completely didn't reasons for not happening doesn't change the fact that the city gets done way more stuff than they don't.



I couldn't agree with you more! Pessimism will get you no where. Things will happen in their appropriate time.:)

fordman2800 Jan 26, 2015 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam (Post 6888726)
I read this and all I can say is calm down. There's nothing the city could do to mess this up.

The tower isn't really dependant on this partnership. Frost wants a new HQ regardless. Weston Urban proposed this partnership to maximize development in the area.

The city is working on a time line that it now has to honor because of the last second proposal submitted.

No need to be concerned or to be pessimistic.

Also, you can't list the streetcar and Joske but ignore everything the city has done in the last couple of years including Tobin Center, Convention Center, HEB HQ, San Pedro Creek.

Two projects with two completely didn't reasons for not happening doesn't change the fact that the city gets done way more stuff than they don't.

It would have been nice if Weston Urban had included CPS new headquarters with the new Frost Bank tower....now that would have been some great development in downtown!!:yes:

Restless 1 Jan 26, 2015 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordman2800 (Post 6890504)
It would have been nice if Weston Urban had included CPS new headquarters with the new Frost Bank tower....now that would have been some great development in downtown!!:yes:

Perhaps Weston is among the 20 or so proposals CPS has fielded on this. We'll just have to wait and see.

fordman2800 Jan 27, 2015 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless 1 (Post 6890615)
Perhaps Weston is among the 20 or so proposals CPS has fielded on this. We'll just have to wait and see.

That's exactly what i was thinking. But you're right, we'll have to wait and see.

AwesomeSAView Feb 18, 2015 5:41 PM

Very Much Alive
 
A friend of mine spoke to a high ranking official at the bank, who is a client, and he was told that the tower proposal is very much a "go".
So, let's hope this whole thing comes to fruition!!!! :cheers:

Christianmx Feb 19, 2015 11:55 PM

yawn I want renders.

fordman2800 Feb 22, 2015 10:58 PM

Question......Does anyone know why Emporis is listing the Frost Bank tower at 653 ft and 50 stories?

arkitekte Feb 22, 2015 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordman2800 (Post 6925017)
Question......Does anyone know why Emporis is listing the Frost Bank tower at 653 ft and 50 stories?

I wouldn't put any thought into that listing. Emporis is wrong quite a bit of the time.

Restless 1 Feb 23, 2015 3:48 PM

Speaking of Emporis
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fordman2800 (Post 6925017)
Question......Does anyone know why Emporis is listing the Frost Bank tower at 653 ft and 50 stories?

I like the little fun fact on the Weston Centre page:

"Weston Centre is the 2nd tallest building in San Antonio, and 3rd tallest structure in downtown and the tallest office building. There aren't many cities that have a situation like this."

Indeed.

fordman2800 Feb 23, 2015 4:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arkitekte (Post 6925033)
I wouldn't put any thought into that listing. Emporis is wrong quite a bit of the time.

Cool, thanks. For a minute there, I thought SA was finally going to have an office tower over 600 ft.

Restless 1 Feb 23, 2015 4:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordman2800 (Post 6925610)
Cool, thanks. For a minute there, I thought SA was finally going to have an office tower over 600 ft.

We can always hope they are correct this time. :coolugh:

fordman2800 Feb 23, 2015 9:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless 1 (Post 6925631)
We can always hope they are correct this time. :coolugh:

Let's hope so. :yes:

Paul in S.A TX Mar 17, 2015 4:50 PM

Has this been cancelled?


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.