SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manitoba & Saskatchewan (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Winnipeg - Slurpee Capital of the World (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171337)

softee Sep 1, 2009 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid (Post 4374670)
Looking past calories though, the fruit smoothie is far more nutritious than the Slurpee or "fruit" "smoothie" from Orange Julius.

Smoothies rule. North Bay is the hometown of the Euphoria smoothie company and is "the smoothie capital of Canada". haha

SlurpeeKing Oct 17, 2009 2:43 AM

Funny Thing About the Story

1. It states that the city with the highest average number of Slurpees sold per store (7-Eleven) is the Slurpee Capital of the World.

2. It says the 7-Eleven in Kennewick, WA sells more slurpees than any store in the world.

3. There is only one 7-Eleven in Kennewick, WA.

Therefore, Kennewick, WA is the city with the highest average number of Slurpees sold per store and the Slurpee Capital of the World. Funny thing is, 7-Eleven of Canada changed the rules when Kennewick took the number one spot. Now, 7-Eleven Canada, not the parent corporation, 7-Eleven, Inc., awards the title to the market (not city) with the highest average number of Slurpees sold per store. The market which contains Winnepeg also contains other cities. The market which contains Kennewick also contains more than a dozen other cities (hundreds of miles away).

The City of Kennewick, WA has the highest average number of Slurpees sold per store, the highest ounces of Slurpees sold per store, the highest average dollars sales of Slurpee per store and the highest per capita Slurpee consumption in the world. Move over Manitoba, Kennewick is King and is the only City that can rightfully claim that it is the Slurpee Capital of the World!

newflyer Oct 18, 2009 7:58 AM

I believe it was given to the most slurpees sold per capita .. and Winnipeg has won it and Calgary and Detriot were the runners up.

Sorry Kellispell... but you'll have to be satisfied with your single 7-11 .. and keep dreamin big. :haha:

grumpy old man Oct 18, 2009 3:44 PM

Ahhh, man, let them have the title...

SlurpeeKing Oct 20, 2009 3:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newflyer (Post 4510608)
I believe it was given to the most slurpees sold per capita .. and Winnipeg has won it and Calgary and Detriot were the runners up.

Sorry Kellispell... but you'll have to be satisfied with your single 7-11 .. and keep dreamin big. :haha:

Think about it. . .Kennewick has the smallest population of the cities you mention, its store sells more than any store in the world . . .what might that tell you about per capita consumption? :)

Kinguni Oct 21, 2009 3:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlurpeeKing (Post 4514140)
Think about it. . .Kennewick has the smallest population of the cities you mention, its store sells more than any store in the world . . .what might that tell you about per capita consumption? :)

All that tells me is there must be a lot of fat people there. :shrug:

vid Oct 21, 2009 5:19 PM

I think Winnipeg is fourth fattest, after Saskatoon, Regina and Thunder Bay. :)

UrbanPlannerr Nov 11, 2009 4:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grumpy old man (Post 4510765)
Ahhh, man, let them have the title...

No way... Winnipeg's number one:tup:

newflyer Nov 11, 2009 8:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlurpeeKing (Post 4514140)

It tells me that your town only has one store to service its population.

Its not a per store contest. Winnipegs consumption was spread over many stores. If you break the overall consumption down per 100,000 people or what ever they used, Winnipeg won.

SlurpeeKing Dec 27, 2009 5:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newflyer (Post 4552576)
It tells me that your town only has one store to service its population.

Its not a per store contest. Winnipegs consumption was spread over many stores. If you break the overall consumption down per 100,000 people or what ever they used, Winnipeg won.

The award is given to the "market" with the highest average of Slurpee sales per store."

The "market" which contains Winnipeg includes stores outside of Winnipeg.

The "market" which includes Winnipeg was given the title after changing the rules to honor a "market" rather than a "city".

The "market" which contains Kennewick includes stores outside of Kennewick.

Kennewick is the city with the highest number of Slurpee sales per store.

Kennewick is the city with the highest per capita Slurpee consumption.

A city can be a capital, a market can not.

Sorry Pal.

vid Dec 27, 2009 6:18 PM

Kennewick is weird.

JayM Dec 28, 2009 2:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid (Post 4624354)
Kennewick is weird.

Agreed

vid Dec 28, 2009 6:54 PM

You've met them too?

I think it is because of all the nuculer research, myself.

1ajs Apr 20, 2010 6:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliamat (Post 4803149)
Beginning November 4, 2008, 7-Eleven worked with Nexon to promote Slurpees to gamers that play on Nexon.net.[8] The Slurpee cups had images printed on them from certain Nexon games. From buying these special cups, gamers can obtain a code that they can redeem at Slurpee.Nexon.net (Does not exist anymore since the event ended)

they had nexian cups? wth

dsim249 Apr 20, 2010 6:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliamat (Post 4803149)
Beginning November 4, 2008, 7-Eleven worked with Nexon to promote Slurpees to gamers that play on Nexon.net.[8] The Slurpee cups had images printed on them from certain Nexon games. From buying these special cups, gamers can obtain a code that they can redeem at Slurpee.Nexon.net (Does not exist anymore since the event ended)

Is this spam or something? Why would someone make an account to post this?...

vid Apr 20, 2010 6:42 AM

It is spam. Check the signature. It's probably a bot designed to post something remotely on topic so that it isn't as noticed.

Jets4Life Apr 21, 2010 12:03 AM

Funny.

I remember the SSP thread from way back in 2006 about us being the Slurpee Capital of the World. Nice to know we've defended our title!

Tower Crane Apr 21, 2010 2:55 AM

Sorry Peg your Number 2

7/11 official confirmed Kennewick sells more Slurpee's per capita than anywhere else. that makes them the CHAMPS.:notacrook:

RTD Apr 21, 2010 3:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tower Crane (Post 4804743)
7/11 official confirmed Kennewick sells more Slurpee's per capita than anywhere else. that makes them the CHAMPS.:notacrook:

Again, yet another sarcastice "take that, Winnipeg" snide comment from an Edmonton poster. What is up with this bullshit, and what is the point of it?

texcolo Apr 21, 2010 3:25 AM

Dallas, Texas (Home of 7 Eleven) thanks you, Winnepeg!

:notacrook: