SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   San Antonio (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=447)
-   -   SAN ANTONIO | City and Metro News Thread (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=204101)

JACKinBeantown Jun 15, 2015 5:09 PM

Is she a skyscraper?

kornbread Jun 15, 2015 8:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown (Post 7063302)
Is she a skyscraper?

No, but neither are radio stations and most everything else posted in the "City and metro news" thread, and actually most SA development in any thread.:shhh:

Spoiler Jun 15, 2015 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kornbread (Post 7063134)
So maybe one of the biggest stories of the year and no one has any thoughts as to the outcome of the election? Business as usual?

All other issues aside, I think that a person from New York City with a master's degree in City and Regional Planning is a mayor who is sensitive to our interests.

JACKinBeantown Jun 16, 2015 3:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kornbread (Post 7063526)
No, but neither are radio stations and most everything else posted in the "City and metro news" thread, and actually most SA development in any thread.:shhh:

Good point well taken. :cheers:

Schertz1 Jun 16, 2015 1:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kornbread (Post 7063134)
So maybe one of the biggest stories of the year and no one has any thoughts as to the outcome of the election? Business as usual?

I'm both proud and surprised she won. Hard to believe San Antonio has a black mayor and one that was actually elected.

UrbanTrance Aug 5, 2015 3:15 AM

Good news.

Google Fiber coming to San Antonio
Quote:

It’s done – San Antonio is going to become a Google Fiber city.

The Internet giant’s blazing fast gigabit network is headed to the Alamo City, the Mountain View, California-based company will announce Wednesday, according to several City Hall sources.

The confirmation that San Antonio will join a short list of so-called “Fiber cities” is nearly 18 months in the making and comes after disappointment that it had been passed over in the first round of announcements.
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...io-6425372.php

sirkingwilliam Aug 5, 2015 10:54 AM

JACKinBeantown Aug 5, 2015 1:58 PM

And apparently it will be delivered by one of Google's driverless vehicles.

Fireoutofclay Aug 5, 2015 3:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam (Post 7118644)

Bizarro Downtown. That photo is weirding me out, giving me a headache.:koko:

jaga185 Aug 5, 2015 4:08 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one that finds just, weird.. It's mirrored, but the van isn't. The Marriott looks really funky next to the Grand Hyatt.

STLtoSA Aug 5, 2015 6:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fireoutofclay (Post 7118851)
Bizarro Downtown. That photo is weirding me out, giving me a headache.:koko:

The funny thing is that they flipped the background photo so that they could match the skyline on the service vehicle, which is photo-shopped into the foreground.

How funny.

AwesomeSAView Aug 5, 2015 11:07 PM

This Is Excellent News For The City

Can I be the first one to sign up for the service???:cheers::yes::tup: And the transformation of this beautiful and unique city continues!!!!

Thanks Google!

An "affluent" San Antonian

Austinite101 Aug 6, 2015 2:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AwesomeSAView (Post 7119490)
Can I be the first one to sign up for the service???:cheers::yes::tup: And the transformation of this beautiful and unique city continues!!!!

Thanks Google!

An "affluent" San Antonian

Why do you keep using "affluent" in your posts?

ILUVSAT Aug 7, 2015 10:05 PM

Because he wants you to think he is.

JACKinBeantown Aug 8, 2015 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaga185 (Post 7118868)
I'm glad I'm not the only one that finds just, weird.. It's mirrored, but the van isn't. The Marriott looks really funky next to the Grand Hyatt.

Ha! I was trying to figure out where the photo was taken. Now I know... Neverland.

wrendog Aug 8, 2015 12:41 AM

Woohoo! What's the timeline for this? Is it anywhere in the city limits? Will I get it out here in Stone Oak?

trillhippy_210 Aug 8, 2015 2:23 AM

Who cares about the freakin photo?! -_-

JACKinBeantown Aug 8, 2015 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trillhippy_210 (Post 7122235)
Who cares about the freakin photo?! -_-

I do. Not much happens in the San Antonio threads, so the backwards photo was actually something to talk about. :cheers:

trillhippy_210 Aug 8, 2015 4:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown (Post 7122436)
I do. Not much happens in the San Antonio threads, so the backwards photo was actually something to talk about. :cheers:

Wow, just wow

Restless 1 Aug 9, 2015 6:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trillhippy_210 (Post 7122527)
Wow, just wow

He's got a point. You can go weeks without updates or discussion on this site.

We're all pinning our hopes on the Frost Tower, and an unlikely to happen CPS building.