SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/index.php)
-   San Antonio (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/forumdisplay.php?f=447)
-   -   SAN ANTONIO │ San Pedro Creek │ 2-Mile Redevelopment │ Under Construction (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=205660)

AwesomeSAView Oct 20, 2017 1:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Model (Post 7958513)


COMING ALONG VERY NICELY........:cheers:

jaga185 Dec 20, 2017 8:00 PM

https://therivardreport.com/wp-conte..._12-2017-2.jpg

Amphitheater Plans Scrapped In Changes to San Pedro Creek Project

The Model Mar 1, 2018 5:20 AM

[IMG]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4648/...670e3b89_b.jpgSan Pedro Creek Construction by Raul Medina III, on Flickr[/IMG]

Fryguy Mar 16, 2018 7:41 PM

Video update posted on website.

https://spcproject.org

My biggest concern about this project is how isolated it is from other outlets. It's not even a mile long. If it was connected to the Riverwalk, then I would be less concerned. In other words, because SA doesn't have a strong urban center, people have to drive to get to many parks, I, for one, wouldn't drive miles to walk a few blocks among a creek.

I am very happy about this project, however. It's nice to see downtown getting some attention. It will be beautiful and it is something downtown needs, badly. I am simply concerned it will be brushed off over time from a lack of foot traffic. This isn't going off the beaten path...from the River. This is walking (or driving) to then walk a few blocks around a concrete creek.

Spoiler Mar 16, 2018 8:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fryguy (Post 8122627)
Video update posted on website.

https://spcproject.org

My biggest concern about this project is how isolated it is from other outlets. It's not even a mile long. If it was connected to the Riverwalk, then I would be less concerned. In other words, because SA doesn't have a strong urban center, people have to drive to get to many parks, I, for one, wouldn't drive miles to walk a few blacks among a creek.

I am very happy about this project, however. It's nice to see downtown getting some attention. It will be beautiful and it is something downtown needs, badly. I am simply concerned it will be brushed off over time from a lack of foot traffic. This isn't going off the beat path...from the River. This is walking (or driving) to then walk a few blacks around a concrete creek. 🤔

What do you have against blacks exactly?

Also, as I'm sure you know, this is just one phase of a larger project that will be a few miles long and will connect to the Riverwalk.

Also, as I'm sure you know, this project was created as a way to make that part of downtown more attractive for business and residential development, so it may eventually be an important piece of urban fabric woven into the core of a vibrant downtown.

Fryguy Mar 16, 2018 8:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spoiler (Post 8122656)
What do you have against blacks exactly?

Also, as I'm sure you know, this is just one phase of a larger project that will be a few miles long and will connect to the Riverwalk.

Also, as I'm sure you know, this project was created as a way to make that part of downtown more attractive for business and residential development, so it may eventually be an important piece of urban fabric woven into the core of a vibrant downtown.

Dude, that was a typo. Don't make a race issue where there is none. It's not funny at all. Read the context!

Spoiler Mar 16, 2018 8:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fryguy (Post 8122706)
Dude, that was a typo. Don't make a race issue where there is none. It's not funny at all. Read the context!

Dude, it was two identical typos. But I was just joshin' :cheers:

TSK18 Mar 16, 2018 8:45 PM

delete

Fryguy Mar 16, 2018 8:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spoiler (Post 8122709)
Dude, it was two identical typos. But I was just joshin' :cheers:

For future reference, and to anyone on here, I write and work on my computer all day. When it comes to non work writing, though I shouldn't, I use my phone and I don't look back on most text. I'm not writing a book on buildings and San Antonio development. That is way too much work for something that isn't offical or part of my job.

jaga185 Mar 28, 2018 4:03 PM

The water in the creek today looks pretty cool from the Frost cam if anyone wants to take a peak at that.

JRG1974 Mar 28, 2018 5:04 PM

This is a little disappointing. I really liked this large sculpture that was going to be at the start of the Creek Redevelopment. I hope that the finances get figured out.

https://therivardreport.com/cost-ove...definite-hold/

SA_Pride28 Mar 28, 2018 5:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRG1974 (Post 8135870)
This is a little disappointing. I really liked this large sculpture that was going to be at the start of the Creek Redevelopment. I hope that the finances get figured out.

https://therivardreport.com/cost-ove...definite-hold/


To each his own I suppose. I always thought it was hideous and has no real connection to SA culture really... so meh I guess.

JACKinBeantown Mar 28, 2018 7:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SA_Pride28 (Post 8135942)
To each his own I suppose. I always thought it was hideous and has no real connection to SA culture really... so meh I guess.

You just don't know what it means to have a plethora.

Video Link

kornbread Mar 29, 2018 5:40 PM

:cheers:

The Model Mar 30, 2018 11:40 PM

[IMG]https://farm1.staticflickr.com/895/4...16e2f316_b.jpgSan Pedro Creek Construction by Raul Medina III, on Flickr[/IMG]
Art work starting to pop up.

The Model Mar 30, 2018 11:43 PM

[IMG]https://farm1.staticflickr.com/789/4...c16071cf_b.jpgSan Pedro Creek by Raul Medina III, on Flickr[/IMG]

The Model Apr 4, 2018 12:18 AM

[IMG]https://farm1.staticflickr.com/817/4...af8f6431_b.jpgSan Pedro Creek Construction by Raul Medina III, on Flickr[/IMG]

SA_Pride28 Apr 6, 2018 2:52 PM

!!!!!

https://therivardreport.com/t-minus-...o-open-in-may/

Fryguy May 1, 2018 8:09 AM

Only four more days left? Who is going and what event during the day (see link) are you excited for? I'll definitely be there for the lighting at night of the art not sure what day event I'll be there for.

AwesomeSAView May 1, 2018 5:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fryguy (Post 8172858)
Only four more days left? Who is going and what event during the day (see link) are you excited for? I'll definitely be there for the lighting at night of the art not sure what day event I'll be there for.


The night lighting for sure.....
I WILL be there.:cheers:


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.