SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/index.php)
-   San Antonio (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/forumdisplay.php?f=447)
-   -   SAN ANTONIO │ Kallison Square │ 21 FLOORS │ Proposed (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=229318)

RyanfromTexas Aug 5, 2017 12:41 AM

SAN ANTONIO │ Kallison Square │ 21 FLOORS │ Proposed
 
http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/64/01/62.../3/920x920.jpg

http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/64/01/62.../1024x1024.jpg

http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/64/01/57.../1024x1024.jpg

http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/64/01/57.../1024x1024.jpg

http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/64/01/57.../1024x1024.jpg

AwesomeSAView Aug 5, 2017 1:56 AM

Interesting preliminary look!
:cheers:

SAguy Aug 5, 2017 2:06 AM

It will look better taller and slimmer.

Texan101 Aug 5, 2017 2:23 AM

Should fit in rather well with the new Frost Tower on that side of downtown.

sirkingwilliam Aug 5, 2017 2:29 AM

If all goes as planned, there should be anywhere from 8 to 10 tower cranes up in the urban core within the next year.

Frost tower
Avenue B and 9th
Thompson Hotel and Residences
Kallison Square
Canopy Hotel
Cambria Hotel
JMJ Tower
Lower Broadway office tower
Hemisfair development (multiple high rises)

RyanfromTexas Aug 5, 2017 2:49 AM

height
 
It looks just slightly shorter than the old Frost which should put it in the 250 to 300 ft range.

Yay progress!!:cheers:

AwesomeSAView Aug 5, 2017 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam (Post 7885333)
If all goes as planned, there should be anywhere from 8 to 10 tower cranes up in the urban core within the next year.

Frost tower
Avenue B and 9th
Thompson Hotel and Residences
Kallison Square
Canopy Hotel
Cambria Hotel
JMJ Tower
Lower Broadway office tower
Hemisfair development (multiple high rises)

Isn't there a multi-story apartment building going up right on the Riverwalk also??:yes:

Rynetwo Aug 5, 2017 1:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AwesomeSAView (Post 7885509)
Isn't there a multi-story apartment building going up right on the Riverwalk also??:yes:

I think you are talking about Floodgate. The best looking of all that is designed with the exception of the Frost tower.

Great things are happening.

JACKinBeantown Aug 5, 2017 1:21 PM

Barf!


It's good that something is going in there, that it's 21 floors, and that they're retaining the ground level retail. It will definitely help the neighborhood. But the design... ugh. Plus, if and when something goes up in the empty lot next to it, the pool will be inside a canyon. Why are good architects so hard to find? Or is it bad clients tearing apart good architects' designs? Lots to be critical of, but still a net positive I guess.

Fryguy Aug 5, 2017 2:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rynetwo (Post 7885515)
I think you are talking about Floodgate. The best looking of all that is designed with the exception of the Frost tower.

Great things are happening.

Wait...the Foodgate is under construction?

wwmiv Aug 5, 2017 2:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown (Post 7885522)
Barf!


It's good that something is going in there, that it's 21 floors, and that they're retaining the ground level retail. It will definitely help the neighborhood. But the design... ugh. Plus, if and when something goes up in the empty lot next to it, the pool will be inside a canyon. Why are good architects so hard to find? Or is it bad clients tearing apart good architects' designs? Lots to be critical of, but still a net positive I guess.

Bad clients, probably.

JRG1974 Aug 5, 2017 2:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam (Post 7885333)
If all goes as planned, there should be anywhere from 8 to 10 tower cranes up in the urban core within the next year.

Frost tower
Avenue B and 9th
Thompson Hotel and Residences
Kallison Square
Canopy Hotel
Cambria Hotel
JMJ Tower
Lower Broadway office tower
Hemisfair development (multiple high rises)

There will probably be at least 2 more tower cranes at the CPS remodel of the ATT buildings off the river. That is a large footprint and tall structures. Also, at least one more crane with the new Federal Courthouse.

sirkingwilliam Aug 5, 2017 3:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRG1974 (Post 7885550)
There will probably be at least 2 more tower cranes at the CPS remodel of the ATT buildings off the river. That is a large footprint and tall structures. Also, at least one more crane with the new Federal Courthouse.

I'm not quite sure if cranes will be used for the CPS HQ remodel. No height is being added. I think it'll go the way of the SA Children's Hospital remodel downtown. I could be wrong as I don't know much about it.

JRG1974 Aug 5, 2017 3:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam (Post 7885552)
I'm not quite sure if cranes will be used for the CPS HQ remodel. No height is being added. I think it'll go the way of the SA Children's Hospital remodel downtown. I could be wrong as I don't know much about it.

The reason I think there will be cranes is that they are pulling off and redoing the sides of the building. They are going to have to have some kind of heavy lift equipment. They may be able to do it with one, but they might as well have an extra for the parking garage and the solar panels they want to install.

Restless 1 Aug 6, 2017 11:11 PM

Well, we've seen worse.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown (Post 7885522)
Barf!


It's good that something is going in there, that it's 21 floors, and that they're retaining the ground level retail. It will definitely help the neighborhood. But the design... ugh. Plus, if and when something goes up in the empty lot next to it, the pool will be inside a canyon. Why are good architects so hard to find? Or is it bad clients tearing apart good architects' designs? Lots to be critical of, but still a net positive I guess.

I agree regarding the placement of the pool.

As I understand it, this is preliminary, so hopefully improvements to the design will come. Someone up-thread said that skinnier and taller would be nice, and I have to agree.

JACKinBeantown Aug 7, 2017 12:25 AM

I actually count 23 floors in the renderings.

And come to think of it, wasn't there a proposal in Austin about 8-10 years ago that looked a lot like this?

Spoiler Aug 7, 2017 3:15 AM

I'm interested in seeing what they're gonna do with the gap between the old buildings on Dolorosa, but none of the renderings show it! It would be cool if it served as a lobby for the residences, but I'm afraid it's just gonna be a driveway.

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.4240...2!8i6656?hl=en

KevinFromTexas Aug 7, 2017 7:40 PM

Whoa! That's a cool design. I agree that the pool should be on the other side facing the bulk of downtown.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanfromTexas (Post 7885351)
It looks just slightly shorter than the old Frost which should put it in the 250 to 300 ft range.

Yay progress!!:cheers:

I'm thinking like 275 to 280 feet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown (Post 7886395)
I actually count 23 floors in the renderings.

And come to think of it, wasn't there a proposal in Austin about 8-10 years ago that looked a lot like this?

I can't think of one, no.

JACKinBeantown Aug 8, 2017 1:32 AM

OK, it looked a little bit like this, Kevin. Look at the roof line. Wasn't there something similar in size and shape with a similar roof in the vicinity of 12th and Congress?

On a different note, I'm coming to terms with this. It will be a plus for SA.

The Model Aug 8, 2017 4:00 PM

I like it, but find it a bit bulky.
I actually like the North side and south side of the building and wish there was an opening in the middle. So it appears to be 2 towers on top of the parking garage.


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.