SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   City Compilations (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   SAN DIEGO | Boom Rundown, Vol. 2 (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126473)

keg92101 Feb 12, 2010 4:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpexpress (Post 4695788)

I actually agree with the author. The stadium should come from a property tax, general obligation bond

Urban Sky Feb 12, 2010 8:11 PM

:haha:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek (Post 4696072)
He must be a Raiders fan.

staplesla Feb 13, 2010 6:11 PM

Guys can you take future comments to another to private messaging?

My 14-year-old views this site with me as he's very interested in commercial development. I want to encourage his interest, but will have to ban him from this site should these defamatory public outbursts continue.

Crackertastik Feb 13, 2010 9:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek (Post 4698307)
I kept it as civil as possible. :)

Im not much for the internet fighting, especially based on opinions. And we all know the saying regarding that one.

but I'll add this:

Nobody lives, or visits or spends endless articles speaking of the wonderful places in Rome or New York or Barcelona, Sydney, etc. to infinity for their potholeless roads.

Nice roads and the LITTLE things that make good cities great are secondary. Making a city a good city and even in the conversation is about money making, people drawing development. That means sports teams, waterfronts, civic projects, iconic government structures, parks, etc.

Voice of reason is not out of bounds by wanting our good city to be great. We definitely need our roads to be better. But more imperative, is to continue to redo, add the things that make a sleepy town a good world renowned city. And that is big development, even when we struggle financially to find ways to get them done.

NYC2ATX Feb 13, 2010 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voice of reason (Post 4697705)
All I want is for the fucking roads to get fixed, so when I ride by bike I dont fall in. I dont give a damn about your pet projects and only your lonesome friends here think you are smart. Go find a girl friend, or a boyfriend in your case. I would say join the Marines, but you are too woosey, that might make a man out of you.

You know, real men don't need to insult others' manhood on the internet. And I live on Staten Island, NY, the epicenter of road problems, and let me tell you, the BP here concerns himself with everything, from the potholes and roads that need widening to the redevelopment of the Stapleton Home Port to ensuring the success of the recently instituted S.I. Film Festival.

No one piece of urban improvement is what makes a city, it takes a little bit of everything, all the right improvements in the right places to make a great urban environment. For example, here, we need the Home Port and more senior housing and new transit lines desperately (yes, the pet projects), just as much as we need the pothole at the end of my block filled. I've fallen off my bike from those time and time again, so I know how you feel. And one more thing, my boyfriend agrees with me on all of this. ;)

staplesla Feb 15, 2010 12:07 AM

Are you guys aware that you can fill out the requests online for the city to repair the potholes? I've used the tool roughly 10 times, and each time the potholes are repaired in about 1-2 weeks.

Here is the link: http://apps.sandiego.gov/streetdiv/sreq.jsp

kpexpress Feb 16, 2010 9:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staplesla (Post 4700034)
Are you guys aware that you can fill out the requests online for the city to repair the potholes? I've used the tool roughly 10 times, and each time the potholes are repaired in about 1-2 weeks.

Here is the link: http://apps.sandiego.gov/streetdiv/sreq.jsp

tweet Kevin Falconer or facebook him. I sent him a few messages about some street lights that are out that make my block so dark; it took a few weeks, but they got replaced.

tdavis Feb 16, 2010 8:52 PM

kpexpress - just use the online tool. Messaging Kevin just takes time out of his day when he should be focusing on other stuff. All Kevin does it get your message, then go to the same tool and fill out the information.

kpexpress Feb 16, 2010 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdavis (Post 4702705)
kpexpress - just use the online tool. Messaging Kevin just takes time out of his day when he should be focusing on other stuff. All Kevin does it get your message, then go to the same tool and fill out the information.

Yeah I messaged Kevin only after submitting three online requests.

tdavis Feb 18, 2010 1:21 AM

There have been so many delays with the North Embcaradero Project, anyone know when this will start, and what permits/approvals are left outstanding?

Derek Feb 18, 2010 2:48 AM

Probably never. :P

:D

How long has that plan been around??

tdavis Feb 18, 2010 5:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek (Post 4705116)
Probably never. :P

:D

How long has that plan been around??

Well I know it was just awaiting final approval and to begin sometime this Spring, just can't remember or find which department is the holdout.

staplesla Feb 18, 2010 5:07 AM

CA High Speed Rail - SD-LA Draft Scoping Report

02/17/10 Email Update for Los Angeles to San Diego CA HSR via the Inland Empire Section: Draft Scoping Report Now Available

Last fall, the California High-Speed Rail Authority initiated the scoping process for this 167-mile section, which is an early step in the environmental review process to help us identify aspects of the project that are particularly important to local planners, residents and local governments. A total of 12 local community public scoping meetings and two local resource agency scoping meetings were held in Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside and San Diego counties to seek input.

The result of this effort, called the Draft Scoping Report, is now available at www.cahighspeedrail.ca.gov under the "Library" tab, then select "Los Angeles to San Diego Section." The Draft Scoping Report and related appendices (including scoping comments and letters) are under the "Scoping" section. Or you can simply click on the following link: www.cahighspeedrail.ca.gov/images/chsr/20100126202937_Draft%20LA-SD_ScopingReport.pdf

The Draft Scoping Report for the Los Angeles to San Diego via the Inland Empire Section summarizes the public scoping process and comments received during the public scoping period, as well as provides a brief description of the project and outreach activities during this period.

The Draft Scoping Report is provided for your information and will be considered "final" assuming no significant revisions are requested. The public and agency comments received are an important component of our work. Along with the preliminary engineering and environmental analysis currently underway, they will help the Authority evaluate alignments and other considerations, which is a necessary step for determining the final options that will be carried forward for full environmental review.

There will be many more opportunities for public input in the coming weeks and months and we appreciate your continued interest in California's high-speed train project.

tdavis Feb 18, 2010 5:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staplesla (Post 4705325)
02/17/10 Email Update for Los Angeles to San Diego CA HSR via the Inland Empire Section: Draft Scoping Report Now Available

Based off of all of the comments in this report from local residents (Friends of Rose Canyon), Councilwomen Sherri Lightner and Donna Frye, and various SD development groups, the line from I-15 through UTC (with a stop) to the I-5 south to downtown seems pretty much doomed.

Derek Feb 18, 2010 6:05 PM

:(

bmfarley Feb 19, 2010 4:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdavis (Post 4705932)
Based off of all of the comments in this report from local residents (Friends of Rose Canyon), Councilwomen Sherri Lightner and Donna Frye, and various SD development groups, the line from I-15 through UTC (with a stop) to the I-5 south to downtown seems pretty much doomed.

Nah... they are acting like NIMBY's. Do they propose an alternative alignment that still links the line to the city center?

Nope, they don't.

If they did, then at least they be showing signs of being able to work with others. As of now, just saying no is not a constituent with much influence.

The same thing has happened on the SF Peninsula.... with no substantial change to plans as of yet.

mongoXZ Feb 19, 2010 4:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdavis (Post 4705932)

Not so fast. Just because a vocal minority came out to voice their irrationality doesn't necessarily mean it's doomed.

Well, I hope it doesn't. :duh

eburress Feb 19, 2010 4:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mongoXZ (Post 4707096)
Not so fast. Just because a vocal minority came out to voice their irrationality doesn't necessarily mean it's doomed.

Well, I hope it doesn't. :duh

Vocal minority? Based on my informal research, NIMBYs make up 95% of San Diego's population. If the NIMBYs are united in opposition of it, it is most certainly doomed.

Derek Feb 19, 2010 11:28 AM

Which is why I'm heading to Vancouver in two years. :)

HurricaneHugo Feb 20, 2010 6:02 AM

Like I've said before, I'm going down with the ship!