SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manitoba & Saskatchewan (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Saskatoon Civic Election, 2016 (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=222904)

Echoes Sep 28, 2016 2:46 PM

The gloves came off from the Clark campaign yesterday with a very strong statement trashing Atch's leadership. This is exactly what Clark needed to get some forward momentum going again.

Anyone get the sense that Moore is becoming a less compelling voice in this campaign? I feel like her early gains in the polls may have been a bit artificial due to her novelty as a candidate. Some of her campaign's behavior on social media lately has been amateur to say the least. She may have peaked.

These upcoming mayoral forums/debates are going to be interesting. Atch does not do well with being challenged.

mitchellk12 Sep 28, 2016 3:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echoes (Post 7577074)
The gloves came off from the Clark campaign yesterday with a very strong statement trashing Atch's leadership. This is exactly what Clark needed to get some forward momentum going again.

Anyone get the sense that Moore is becoming a less compelling voice in this campaign? I feel like her early gains in the polls may have been a bit artificial due to her novelty as a candidate. Some of her campaign's behavior on social media lately has been amateur to say the least. She may have peaked.

These upcoming mayoral forums/debates are going to be interesting. Atch does not do well with being challenged.

this is a tough election, especially with so many of the wards being challenged by 3-4 candidates also. to me its between clark/atch. either way, to be a successful mayor, you need strong ambition and leadership in council support also. tough to say who will get it. i do agree as Moore has reached her peak, her view on how she sees future growth concerns me quite a bit.

mitchellk12 Sep 29, 2016 5:28 AM

Did anyone catch the live mayoral forum today? I watched it live. In my opinion i think kelley moore sure stepped up and had some good points.

Crisis Sep 30, 2016 2:36 PM

Yup, there's vote-splitting taking place among Atch's opponents. Also a large number of undecided voters
  • Undecided - 28%
  • Atchison - 26%
  • Clark - 23%
  • Moore - 22%

Full story from the S-P about the latest poll:
http://thestarphoenix.com/news/local...ight-race-poll

Echoes Sep 30, 2016 4:01 PM

The % of undecided voters growing from the last poll is interesting.

Atch, Clark, and Moore are essentially in a dead heat.

hunter12 Oct 1, 2016 12:12 AM

race for mayor

Yup there is also vote splitting taking place among Moore opponents. Hope undecided don't decide on Moore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crisis (Post 7579207)
Yup, there's vote-splitting taking place among Atch's opponents. Also a large number of undecided voters
  • Undecided - 28%
  • Atchison - 26%
  • Clark - 23%
  • Moore - 22%

Full story from the S-P about the latest poll:
http://thestarphoenix.com/news/local...ight-race-poll

W.W. La Chance Oct 5, 2016 10:54 PM

Liveable YXE has posted their candidate report card. The organization is questionable but it provides some nice insight into each candidate from Mayoral to Councillors.

http://liveableyxe.ca/report-card/

There's also a new poll from Mainstreet tomorrow. Last poll saw an increase from Moore, decreases from Atch and Clark, and a "showing" from Hein.

As previously noted:

Atch - 26% (-3)
Clark - 23% (-1)
Moore - 22% (+4)
Hein - 1%
Undecided - 28% (+6)

W.W. La Chance Oct 6, 2016 1:41 PM

Moore - 27 (+5)
Atch - 25 (-1)
Clark - 23 (NC)
Hein - 4 (+3)
Undecided - 21 (-7)

http://www.mainstreetresearch.ca/moo...clark-stalled/

Jezza Oct 6, 2016 4:27 PM

Wow. At this rate Clark may have to step down in order to avoid splitting the anyone but Atch vote. Who would have thought.

mitchellk12 Oct 6, 2016 5:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jezza (Post 7585674)
Wow. At this rate Clark may have to step down in order to avoid splitting the anyone but Atch vote. Who would have thought.

this doesnt shock me, after watching the mayoral forum and the live debate, moore sets a different tone than the rest. hein you can just scratch him, i dont even see why hes running. at this point, i can see moore being our new mayor.

Echoes Oct 12, 2016 4:48 PM

2 weeks to election day...

Prairiedawg Oct 12, 2016 10:25 PM

Anyone go to the debate at Broadway theatre last night? What topics did they cover, who was overall best at discussing issues in the city?

mitchellk12 Oct 13, 2016 5:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prairiedawg (Post 7591651)
Anyone go to the debate at Broadway theatre last night? What topics did they cover, who was overall best at discussing issues in the city?

Moore is sure coming with force, atch backed himself up good in some areas...but keeps sounding like an infomercial. Clark isnt making much ground anymore...i felt like he had nothing. And hein...basically made a fool of himself...found he was unprofessional verbally and appearence, and had nothing other than lowering taxes...which he has no plan for. I think he should dropout. ( this is my opinion from what i saw )

I can see moore and atch moving further in the polls. Clarks going to have to get his vision back in order to catch up.

Anyone else catch it?

Prairiedawg Oct 13, 2016 2:35 PM

Thanks for the notes on the debate, I m sort of interested in city planning and how cities evolve and organize according to local community sensibilities so this municipal election is really compelling. Atchison seems like has a handle on the business of running a city and helping it move forward & not stagnate but it's disappointing he is exclusionary on some groups in the community especially the LGBT groups in Saskatoon.

Jezza Oct 13, 2016 6:47 PM

If you have a spare 90 minutes, the Star Phoenix has posted the video from the debate on Youtube:
Video Link

hunter12 Oct 21, 2016 1:11 AM

CTV mayor forum

Well I just finished watching the mayor forum on CTV. I had many concerns with Kelly Moore and this forum confirmed my fears. She would NOT make a good mayor. She did not answer several of the questions and many of her answers were pure crap. I think Charlie Clark would be a good mayor but has a difficult time articulating his answers hence the reason he has fallen behind. All along I was considering Clark or Atch but I will be voting for Atch. He has done a good job and has the best chance of keeping Moore OUT.

If you don't want Atch the only viable option is Clark.

Echoes Oct 21, 2016 1:19 AM

I think that Clark is much stronger than the polls are suggesting. I hope that Clark's softer supporters don't get cold feet with these polling numbers and bail to Moore as a way of keeping Atch out.

It's Charlie Clark for me!

hunter12 Oct 21, 2016 3:39 AM

race for mayor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echoes (Post 7599450)
I think that Clark is much stronger than the polls are suggesting. I hope that Clark's softer supporters don't get cold feet with these polling numbers and bail to Moore as a way of keeping Atch out.

It's Charlie Clark for me!

I totally agree with you Echoes.

Clark would make a far better mayor than Moore and it is a shame he is trailing in the polls.

My message is that if you want Atch out then vote Clark because Moore is not the answer.

EpicPonyTime Oct 21, 2016 7:06 AM

Clark has a good ground game, and definitely seems to be the most popular candidate at the university, but I don't think he is much stronger than what you see in the polls. He's definitely not strong enough to overcome Moore unless her GOTV is historically bad. I'm talking "telling voters the wrong date" bad.

I think we will be looking at four more years of Atchison. The best a stronger Clark can do is take a few percentages from Moore's total and allow Atch to win by 5 percent or so.

(Also, at the top of the page we were talking about Moore potentially being a dead fish. The quick change in her fortunes is kind of hilarious)

Echoes Oct 21, 2016 4:44 PM

^ I will fully admit how wrong I was about Moore at the top of this page, haha.