SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   CHICAGO | 435 N Park | 569 ft | 49 FLOORS | COM (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198244)

ardecila Apr 6, 2013 7:57 PM

I don't think they need a core for the second egress stair... can't it simply be enclosed in fire-rated construction?

harryc Apr 7, 2013 6:21 PM

Optima topping out in the background.

April 4

More of the mysterious blue things - tanks to let the rainwater soak into the ground ?

Flying forms - these will be lifted intact from floor to floor.

465 N Park - Site prep to today

denizen467 Apr 10, 2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jc5680 (Post 6081136)
I think harry is talking about the empty lot to the north, but denzien was actually asking more about the seemingly single core and if it is going to serve the main tower as well as the l shaped wing along the sounthern end or if there would need to be a second coreā€¦ I think.

Right -- we have an "L"-shaped building with a hotel component and a residential component. The two uses cannot share elevators, so either there is a single core large enough for all their elevators (and access to it is completely partitioned off between them) -- where occupants must deal with somewhat longish hallways -- or there are two elevator cores.

From the last batch of photos (looking southeast especially) it seems this core is nudged in the corner and not massively far from either end, suggesting just the one core, although if so it would put a portion of the rooms further from the elevator than is normal for downtown luxury highrises. Not that it's some horrible problem, but at the very high end of the market it's a bit of an odd inconvenience to have.

One core would probably be better off here if the low-rise wing is the hotel portion, and all the residences are in the tower, which it I think it looks to be what they have done.

harryc Apr 13, 2013 7:15 PM

April 12 2013

Just in time re-bar, they were finishing up the left side as the concrete was pored in the loer right.

Anchor points for post stress floors ?

3/21

435 N Park From site prep to today

ardecila Apr 14, 2013 5:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denizen467 (Post 6085323)
Right -- we have an "L"-shaped building with a hotel component and a residential component. The two uses cannot share elevators, so either there is a single core large enough for all their elevators (and access to it is completely partitioned off between them) -- where occupants must deal with somewhat longish hallways -- or there are two elevator cores.

From the last batch of photos (looking southeast especially) it seems this core is nudged in the corner and not massively far from either end, suggesting just the one core, although if so it would put a portion of the rooms further from the elevator than is normal for downtown luxury highrises. Not that it's some horrible problem, but at the very high end of the market it's a bit of an odd inconvenience to have.

One core would probably be better off here if the low-rise wing is the hotel portion, and all the residences are in the tower, which it I think it looks to be what they have done.

Floorplans here. (PDF)

I think there have been minor changes to the design, but the floorplans should still be reasonably accurate.

To answer your question, yes, the elevators are grouped into a single core. Residential elevators (x3) are in blue, hotel elevators (x4) are in orange. There are also two service elevators for the hotel and one fire service access elevator for a total of ten, not counting a few short-run elevators in the podium.

sentinel Apr 14, 2013 4:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardecila (Post 6090523)
Floorplans here. (PDF)

I think there have been minor changes to the design, but the floorplans should still be reasonably accurate.

To answer your question, yes, the elevators are grouped into a single core. Residential elevators (x3) are in blue, hotel elevators (x4) are in orange. There are also two service elevators for the hotel and one fire service access elevator for a total of ten, not counting a few short-run elevators in the podium.

^Nice find ardecila, thanks. Any access to elevations too?

harryc Apr 21, 2013 11:39 PM

4/17

4/12

Crane in the mist.

435 N Park - site prep to today

harryc Apr 29, 2013 3:47 PM

Apreil 23rd

April 26th

435 N Park - from site prep to today

Taller Apr 29, 2013 5:49 PM

I have a question. How are people able to take close shots of the construction. Is special permission required?:shrug:

Skyguy_7 Apr 29, 2013 5:58 PM

The Sheraton has a "viewing platform" designated especially for us! :cheers: Check it out on Google Earth..

george May 1, 2013 1:44 PM

4-30

This site is a beehive of activity

http://imageshack.us/a/img809/375/np2m.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img46/4205/np1j.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img600/102/np3bm.jpg

Notyrview May 1, 2013 1:49 PM

Nice. How much contrast are you using on those shots, or does 500 N's striped pattern stand out that well?

harryc May 1, 2013 2:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taller (Post 6108988)
I have a question. How are people able to take close shots of the construction. Is special permission required?:shrug:

Looking at George's first shot above, you can see the guys standing at the wall along upper East North Water st. Most of the projects downtown have 2 or 3 tier roadways next to them. The dust/privacy fencing is usually not installed on the upper levels until the floor plate goes above them.

george May 1, 2013 9:38 PM

Harry's right, with no fencing as of yet, the elevated street level driveway is the perfect observation spot.
Regarding 500 N, the pattern reads more clearly now in the right light since they've started washing the windows.

http://imageshack.us/a/img853/5557/np4f.jpg

jcchii May 1, 2013 9:55 PM

^it's best view of a site you can get unless you randomly have one out the window of a building you already live/work in.

from that sidewalk you're literally on top of it. Fencing was going up on Sheraton side today though, so hurry

harryc May 5, 2013 6:57 PM

May 2nd

The no fun fencing - the corner on the right is where I leaned to do pano shots for the last year or so. The sidewalk here will probably be used for building the rebar cages and staging supplies as the floorplates cut off access to the lower level.

435 N Park - a few more shots

harryc May 12, 2013 10:17 PM

May 8

435 N Park

harryc May 22, 2013 12:13 AM

Mary 15th

435 N Park - Site prep to today

denizen467 May 22, 2013 4:21 AM

^ What on earth is that black thing - a conveyor belt?

harryc May 22, 2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denizen467 (Post 6136820)
^ What on earth is that black thing - a conveyor belt?

A "beam" on the forms system, it is what the panels site on, the many notches allow the forms to be configured in many ways, sorta like a Lego set.

You can see one in the photo above (2nd shot) on top of the white beam with the word "SKYDECK" on it.