SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   City Compilations (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   SAN DIEGO | Boom Rundown, Vol. 2 (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126473)

HurricaneHugo Mar 21, 2018 5:22 AM

I remember when Library Tower was like 480ft :(

ArquitectoMontenegro Mar 21, 2018 6:28 PM

I kind of miss the flagpole, it was at a prominent location at the edge of the building facing K St. and was a nice vertical element.

HurricaneHugo Mar 29, 2018 3:50 AM

Does anybody know of what areas they're removing power poles?

Came back from a trip to Chicago and most of the poles in my hood are gone

Except the lead in front of my house :(

staplesla Mar 29, 2018 6:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HurricaneHugo (Post 8136615)
Does anybody know of what areas they're removing power poles?

Came back from a trip to Chicago and most of the poles in my hood are gone

Except the lead in front of my house :(

Doesn’t explain much but I found this: https://www.sandiego.gov/underground.../masterplanapp

sixonenine Mar 29, 2018 8:15 AM

i know these are just student projects but the video clip made me feel some type of way for national city. i dig this. i think i also read somewhere national city has no height limit for buildings...

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...323-story.html

Streamliner Mar 29, 2018 3:56 PM

So depressing it's almost comical:

Carlsbad rejects 4-story, mixed-use downtown project
Philip Diehl
March 29, 2018
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...328-story.html

http://www.trbimg.com/img-5abbe18b/t...ge/750/750x422

Quote:

A proposed four-story, mixed-use building that “checked all the boxes” was rejected in a narrow vote this week after an outcry from Carlsbad residents who said the structure would be too big for the neighborhood.

The Carlsbad Village Center project calls for underground parking, ground-floor retail shops, second-story offices, and third- and fourth-floor apartments, on a lot that once held a gas station at the busy northwest corner of Carlsbad Village Drive and State Street.

...

Residents opposed to the project insisted it was too “massive” for the corner, that it would tower over nearby one- and two-story buildings, blocking out the light and creating a dark canyon along State Street.

eburress Mar 29, 2018 4:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Streamliner (Post 8137024)
So depressing it's almost comical:

Carlsbad rejects 4-story, mixed-use downtown project
Philip Diehl
March 29, 2018
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...328-story.html

http://www.trbimg.com/img-5abbe18b/t...ge/750/750x422

Typical

spoonman Mar 29, 2018 9:13 PM

Wow. Don’t these people realize that this type of project would actually elevate the area and boost their property values?

patriotizzy Mar 29, 2018 9:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Streamliner (Post 8137024)
So depressing it's almost comical:

Carlsbad rejects 4-story, mixed-use downtown project
Philip Diehl
March 29, 2018
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...328-story.html

http://www.trbimg.com/img-5abbe18b/t...ge/750/750x422

"blocking out the light and creating a dark canyon along State Street."

You literally walk a few dozen feet away from the building and you will back in full sunlight. Like wtf? This isn't an empire state building.

Boatguy619 Mar 29, 2018 10:33 PM

Is there anyway to embed the video of "future" National City? I've reached my reading limit of the UT :(

As for the Carlsbad project being rejected, I don't understand the fuss. The project doesn't fit that area at all and would more than likely attract future mid-rise developments nearby. I love our sleepy little beach towns and downtown Carlsbad is one of the best. If you want density at the beach move to Santa Monica. Lived there, hated that :yuck:

sixonenine Mar 30, 2018 6:26 AM

if you open an incognito or private browsing page you can access extra UT articles you can open. works for me lol.

ucsbgaucho Mar 30, 2018 3:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sixonenine (Post 8137915)
if you open an incognito or private browsing page you can access extra UT articles you can open. works for me lol.

Yep, right-click on any article, "open link in incognito window"... boom, you're in!

eburress Mar 30, 2018 4:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patriotizzy (Post 8137546)
You literally walk a few dozen feet away from the building and you will back in full sunlight. Like wtf? This isn't an empire state building.

This is 99/100 people in San Diego it seems like, with their irrational aversion to anything >3 stories outside of Downtown. It's really frustrating.

jjm.415 Apr 3, 2018 6:29 AM

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...323-story.html

This one?

embora Apr 5, 2018 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HurricaneHugo (Post 8136615)
Does anybody know of what areas they're removing power poles?

Came back from a trip to Chicago and most of the poles in my hood are gone

Except the lead in front of my house :(

Try looking here: https://webmaps.sandiego.gov/cippublic/

The Flying Dutchman Apr 6, 2018 1:25 AM

Fence alert, Pinnacle has cordoned off the 11th and Broadway site and put up a huge sign.

HurricaneHugo Apr 6, 2018 5:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Flying Dutchman (Post 8144636)
Fence alert, Pinnacle has cordoned off the 11th and Broadway site and put up a huge sign.

Yes I saw that!

Also what's going up on 11th and Market?

Northparkwizard Apr 6, 2018 2:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HurricaneHugo (Post 8144834)
Yes I saw that!

Also what's going up on 11th and Market?

UCSD
https://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/...t-UCSD-venue/#

superfishy Apr 6, 2018 6:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northparkwizard (Post 8145037)

Anyone know if the 34 story residential project is going up with it, or are they just building the auditorium?

Northparkwizard Apr 6, 2018 6:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superfishy (Post 8145323)
Anyone know if the 34 story residential project is going up with it, or are they just building the auditorium?

Yes, it's all being developed at the same time.

http://ucsdnews.ucsd.edu/feature/mak...rk_in_downtown


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.