SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Never Built & Visionary Projects (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=342)
-   -   OAKLAND, CA | Eye-In-The-Sky Lookout Tower | 2,600 FT / 792 M | VISION (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148538)

bbeliko Mar 2, 2009 1:34 AM

http://i39.tinypic.com/2s8hgco.gif

JDRCRASH Mar 2, 2009 5:25 AM

^ Funny, I thought that guy was gonna start slamming his fists on a table over and over again.:haha:

photoLith Mar 11, 2009 3:11 AM

Wow, whoever designed this must have just barely passed architecture school. Or they were tripping their balls off. Im pretty sure this thing would totally destroy the bay area. Everyone would leave because they wouldnt be able to stand to look at that thing everyday. People would have nightmares and then the murder rate would skyrocket!

JSantos May 22, 2009 5:21 AM

What the hell is this? How can this not be an April fool's joke.

XLucky4LifeX Jun 11, 2009 6:46 AM

This shit reminds me of those launch freefall rides in Theme Parks.
With a stupid timer or speaker at the top, and some decoration or station at the bottom, and curved tracks.
It's like it falls down once there is a 3.0+ earthquake and becomes a bridge to San Francisco!
WOOOHOOO build it and see if that happens!

arkhitektor Jun 11, 2009 3:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MKmillenium (Post 3461966)

Just as a side note, shouldn't a "Mile High Tower" be at least 5,280 feet tall???

bbeliko Jun 11, 2009 4:12 PM

i still can't believe somone actually thought about this thing.

nature's calling Jun 14, 2009 3:59 AM

*vomits*

metroXpress Aug 16, 2009 2:52 PM

there isn't an emoticon that can describe my feelings

Lecom Aug 20, 2009 5:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by photolitherland (Post 4133557)
Wow, whoever designed this must have just barely passed architecture school. Or they were tripping their balls off.

Chances are, both were the case lol

Lecom Aug 20, 2009 5:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDRCRASH (Post 3455098)

Looks like an illustration for lower back pain.

Jasper and one o nin Sep 8, 2009 3:50 PM

Don't ever think that this will happen. Ive seen it before. Some group that tries to get investors and flees town with their brief case stuffed with bundles of money.
Words that come to mind: blackmail, cheating, con, con game, crooked deal, deceit, deception, dirty pool, double-cross, double-dealing, extortion, fast one, flimflam, fraud, hoax, hosing, hustle, racket, rip-off, shady deal, shakedown, sham, shell game, snow job, sting, sucker game, scam, and swindle

Rail>Auto Sep 12, 2009 12:20 AM

I know I'll take heat for it, but this tower and the NOAH are starting to grow on me... I'm not too big on the artwork but the thing I like about the design is that its taller than any other building next to it and its unique... It's nice to see something a little different for a change... It's time to stop making every building look alike and start thinking like the Dubai's of the world... I'm really surprised the arch got built ( the NIMBYS would destroy it today).

Ehrgeiz91 Jan 26, 2010 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lecom (Post 4416036)
Looks like an illustration for lower back pain.

:worship:

This is without a doubt the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. I've known people with down syndrome who could design a better building than this. We need a wall of shame after this for sure.

I feel the need to bathe now.

xboarder84 Jun 8, 2010 8:15 PM

Wow! Who knew Sauron from Lord of the Rings had a cousin in Oakland?!

KingsFan#1 Aug 10, 2010 5:09 AM

Okay, I know this an old thread, but I had to coment on this,

1st of all, if it fell, it would land on san francisco, and second, oakland would be a better place to put it, better they ruin oakland's skyline than somewhere with a half decent one

WePA Sep 30, 2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xboarder84 (Post 4870579)
Wow! Who knew Sauron from Lord of the Rings had a cousin in Oakland?!

My sentiments exactly! Maybe if we throw some rings into Mount Shasta it'll put a stop to this nonsense.

gravityenemy Nov 16, 2011 7:47 AM

Omg...what?....Why????

Roadcruiser1 Nov 17, 2011 4:29 AM

It looks like a mutated (ugly) tripod from War of the Worlds stuck on this ugly glass crystal base. I hope this doesn't get built :yuck:.

333609543 Jun 18, 2013 11:56 PM

I feel.... violated