SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manitoba & Saskatchewan (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Winnipeg Retail (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174131)

vjose32 Sep 3, 2014 3:59 AM

Here is a list of what I can confirm is under construction at Polo were Zellers once was.

Things Remembered
Pandora
Anthropologie
Fossil
Disney
Nine West
Urban Outfitters
Thomas Sabo
Mexx
Lids
Watch It
Journeys
Sunglass Hut
Bench
Teavana
Swarovski
Claires

There's 3 or 4 others but they don't have any signage or hoarding so I don't know what they are.

horrorbro123 Sep 3, 2014 12:58 PM

Lets Hope H&M Hoarding Wall Could Be Take Down This Week at Polo Park Hope reveal to The Publichttp://33.media.tumblr.com/883954107...1sao2_1280.jpg

CoryB Sep 3, 2014 4:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vjose32 (Post 6714834)
There's 3 or 4 others but they don't have any signage or hoarding so I don't know what they are.

Sage Wellness is definitely coming to Polo Park but not sure if it is in the Zeller's wing.

Something else to keep in mind is existing stores may be relocating to that wing (ie Mexx, Sunglasses Hut) which will free up other locations within the mall.

wags_in_the_peg Sep 4, 2014 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoryB (Post 6715319)
Sage Wellness is definitely coming to Polo Park but not sure if it is in the Zeller's wing.

Something else to keep in mind is existing stores may be relocating to that wing (ie Mexx, Sunglasses Hut) which will free up other locations within the mall.

Sage is going next door to H&M and Sunglass Hut. H&M opening Sep 10, was there last night

horrorbro123 Sep 4, 2014 3:16 PM

Give Updated on W. K. Chan Jewellers at Polo Park

vjose32 Sep 7, 2014 4:30 AM

WK Chan is still under renovations from what I can tell.

horrorbro123 Sep 7, 2014 6:21 PM

Black's Photography Is Closing Two Location Polo Park And St Vital Centre :(

CoryB Sep 8, 2014 4:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horrorbro123 (Post 6720401)

I wonder if they might merge some of the profitable pieces, if there are in, into the Telus stores in those same malls, after all they are part of the same company.

h0twired Sep 8, 2014 2:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horrorbro123 (Post 6720401)

Was just a matter of time.

I don't know anyone who goes to small camera stores/photo labs anymore.

horrorbro123 Sep 11, 2014 3:41 PM

Rumours is True Lids Is Coming To Polo Parkhttp://38.media.tumblr.com/0d191897c...o9_r1_1280.jpg

cheswick Sep 11, 2014 7:04 PM

Anyone know what Tommy Gun is?

wags_in_the_peg Sep 11, 2014 7:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheswick (Post 6725957)

barbershop with modern conveniences, franchise out of AB, already have 1 location on Kenaston. I looked into them as a business a few years back. neat concept

h0twired Sep 11, 2014 7:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheswick (Post 6725957)

Barbershop.

http://tommyguns.com/

vjose32 Sep 12, 2014 4:19 AM

Yes I noticed construction just started on Tommy Guns recently. I confirmed Lids a few posts ago. I'm working on site and know most of the stores going in, well the ones I've listed which are also on that door.

CoryB Sep 12, 2014 2:30 PM

I would be surprised if there are more opening before Christmas that are not on the list.

It has officially been said there will be more stores following in 2015 and those will likely back fill for ones relocating, like Mexx and Sunglasses Hut.

There also continue to be rumors that Sears at Polo Park is "for sale" if the right offer comes forward. Considering they have sold off a number of their prime locations in Canada already this would not be surprising. The bigger question is what would losing Sears mean for the mall? Might they demolish the store and build a south wing expansion pushing towards Portage Ave? Might a single new tenant move into the space? Might they split the space for a couple medium sizes tenants like H&M sized stores, and if so what configuration does that split take?

It seems this is just the start of the changes for the mall and we can expect more to come.

esquire Sep 12, 2014 3:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoryB (Post 6726916)
I would be surprised if there are more opening before Christmas that are not on the list.

It has officially been said there will be more stores following in 2015 and those will likely back fill for ones relocating, like Mexx and Sunglasses Hut.

There also continue to be rumors that Sears at Polo Park is "for sale" if the right offer comes forward. Considering they have sold off a number of their prime locations in Canada already this would not be surprising. The bigger question is what would losing Sears mean for the mall? Might they demolish the store and build a south wing expansion pushing towards Portage Ave? Might a single new tenant move into the space? Might they split the space for a couple medium sizes tenants like H&M sized stores, and if so what configuration does that split take?

It seems this is just the start of the changes for the mall and we can expect more to come.

Given that downtown retail is all but officially dead, at this point I think I can get behind Polo Park expansion on the grounds that it will keep retail dollars from flowing to greenfield big-box developments on the fringes of town. It's the lesser of two evils, in that sense.

With Polo Park being the dominant mall in Manitoba, you would think there would be some pretty big possibilities with the southern end of their property. I hope whatever CF does there is a bit better thought out than the piecemeal pall-mall crap thrown around at the north end of their property.

Riverman Sep 12, 2014 3:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esquire (Post 6727020)
given that downtown retail is all but officially dead, at this point i think i can get behind polo park expansion on the grounds that it will keep retail dollars from flowing to greenfield big-box developments on the fringes of town. It's the lesser of two evils, in that sense.

fify :)

h0twired Sep 12, 2014 3:45 PM

I want to know why there still isn't a Lego store in Winnipeg.

esquire Sep 12, 2014 3:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riverman (Post 6727062)
fify :)

Whoops... thanks!

CoryB Sep 12, 2014 3:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esquire (Post 6727020)
With Polo Park being the dominant mall in Manitoba, you would think there would be some pretty big possibilities with the southern end of their property. I hope whatever CF does there is a bit better thought out than the piecemeal pall-mall crap thrown around at the north end of their property.

Just look at what some of the other mega-regional malls are pulling in Canada for an idea of what Polo Park could do in an expansion. I think the big limitation would be parking related. Current zoning by-laws put in place a minimum number of parking stalls. To build a significant south expansion there would be a negative parking impact. That would likely need to be addressed as part of any major changes.