SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manitoba & Saskatchewan (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Winnipeg | Forks Redevelopment | Parcel 4 - Rail Side Initiative | Proposals (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217747)

trueviking Feb 26, 2019 8:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biff (Post 8487911)
After just returning from Zurich, Milan, Venice and Rome I can say that I love the idea of the density and little squares being proposed. Seeing cities like those sure change your view on the importance of skyscrapers. Absolutely amazing cities to walk around in, shop, eat etc. Don't get me wrong, I still love tall buildings and wish for more in downtown but the vibe and pedestrian feel of densely packed neighbourhoods really can't be beat.

With some exceptions, there is generally an inverse relationship between the height of buildings and the vibrancy of a neighbourhood.

Tacheguy Feb 26, 2019 10:01 PM

The summer won’t be the same without a beer patio open at the Forks. I sure hope Jordan has something up his sleeve. Calling buzzg lol!

trueviking Feb 26, 2019 10:26 PM

^ yup.

buzzg Mar 4, 2019 2:42 PM

The Forks is in close talks with the LGCA to do something in the plaza area that would be truly spectacular, and absolutely unheard of in Manitoba – possibly even Canada. You may be able to connect the dots there... I can't say it yet.

DancingDuck Mar 4, 2019 3:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzg (Post 8493603)
The Forks is in close talks with the LGCA to do something in the plaza area that would be truly spectacular, and absolutely unheard of in Manitoba – possibly even Canada. You may be able to connect the dots there... I can't say it yet.

If you're suggesting that they're looking to make it so people can take their alcoholic beverages from the Commons outside, that would be wild

oftheMoon Mar 4, 2019 8:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DancingDuck (Post 8493645)
If you're suggesting that they're looking to make it so people can take their alcoholic beverages from the Commons outside, that would be wild

I have heard rumblings that is the case. Basically an expanded licence for a chunk of the outdoor space.

buzzg Mar 5, 2019 6:13 PM

"Chunk" is an understatement

Biff Mar 5, 2019 6:18 PM

......are you calling me fat?

buzzg Mar 10, 2019 4:28 PM

So... I have heard parcel 4 has been bought by a single "developer." Somewhat related to the rumours that have been on here, but not quite. That's all I can say for now, I'm sure the city will have to announce it soon.

bomberjet Mar 11, 2019 5:18 PM

The Forks is a developer, no?

Tacheguy Mar 12, 2019 2:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bomberjet (Post 8501871)
The Forks is a developer, no?

Leased, right?
Edit. Forgot parcel 4 is owned by the city and can be sold. I think railside land can only be leased.

Tacheguy Mar 19, 2019 9:42 PM

Some kind of food operation looks close to opening across from Fergie’s. no signage up but a few Asian people working away there this morning.

bomberjet Mar 19, 2019 9:50 PM

The Common area is bumpin all the time. Will be nice to spread the love to the other 2 atrium areas.

Tacheguy Mar 19, 2019 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bomberjet (Post 8511486)
The Common area is bumpin all the time. Will be nice to spread the love to the other 2 atrium areas.

This is one of the side atriums.

GarryEllice Mar 20, 2019 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tacheguy (Post 8511474)
Some kind of food operation looks close to opening across from Fergie’s. no signage up but a few Asian people working away there this morning.

You're talking about the space towards the exit to the rear parking lot? Isn't that just a dishwashing station?

Tacheguy Mar 20, 2019 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarryEllice (Post 8511708)
You're talking about the space towards the exit to the rear parking lot? Isn't that just a dishwashing station?

You could be right. Never noticed it before!

Biff Mar 20, 2019 1:33 PM

I hear the dish washing station is super popular with the tourists.

.......I can't stop laughing at this one. (Sorry Tacheguy)

Tacheguy Mar 20, 2019 1:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biff (Post 8512196)
I hear the dish washing station is super popular with the tourists.

.......I can't stop laughing at this one. (Sorry Tacheguy)

lol. The funny thing is I go to the forks a lot!

bomberjet Mar 20, 2019 4:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tacheguy (Post 8511619)
This is one of the side atriums.

Yes, which is great. Nice to see things spreading to the other areas. As they've been empty since they cleared the space.

headhorse Mar 27, 2019 9:04 PM

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...+RENDER+cw.jpg
from atlrg.ca

6 storey/2 CRU/14 Residential