SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manitoba & Saskatchewan (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120863)

Reed Solomon Apr 15, 2012 2:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor204 (Post 5666797)
I would like to known how much MORE gas would at that station. Gas stations near airports tend to charge a bit more.

Does anyone know A&W might open a franchise inside?

Usually if it's a 7-11 Petro Canada, then it's just 7-11. If it's a stand alone Petro Canada, then it might have an A&W or some other restaurant. So it's unlikely that an A&W will be added on top of everything else.

cllew Apr 15, 2012 4:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiritedenergy (Post 5666791)
finally! I remember once i rented a car and dropped it to the airport before a flight, only to notice there was't a gas station... had to go back in the peak hour hell of the polo park area to fill the tank and almost missed the flight...

I wonder how many people returning rental cars know about the Esso on King Edward and Sargent (two blocks away from airport). Last time I drove by the prices were the same as the rest of Winnipeg. Its just no good if your returning your car between 9pm and 6am.

ILYR Apr 25, 2012 7:07 PM

WAA passenger numbers out for the first quarter, up 8%.

Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Air-passenger traffic soars in Winnipeg

WINNIPEG — Local air-passenger traffic took flight during the first three months of this year, according to the latest quarterly financial report from the Winnipeg Airports Authority Inc.

The WAA said passenger traffic volumes at Richardson International Airport were up 7.9 per cent from the first quarter of 2011 ...

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bre...148906275.html

trebor204 May 3, 2012 5:38 AM

Along with a 7/11 & Petro Canada (opening in October), the airport will have an Harvey's before security.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bus...149898365.html

jmt18325 May 6, 2012 1:12 AM

So, I was just booking a fake flight to Paris on Delta in August....what aircraft is the return flight from Minneapolis on, you may ask? Why, it's a CRJ900 :).

kattiff May 6, 2012 5:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmt18325 (Post 5691455)
So, I was just booking a fake flight to Paris on Delta in August....what aircraft is the return flight from Minneapolis on, you may ask? Why, it's a CRJ900 :).

ahh i know i was speaking to my friends again and they said its only a rumour but they think it will def be happening since delta is phasing out the rj's and its in all of their systems. but ya they are quite excited. two a day one morning one afternoon but they lose their 6 flights to 5 during the weekdays. but winnipeg gets 900s and grand forks still gets rjs haha finally winnipeg has first class coming back.

kattiff May 12, 2012 6:22 AM

new delta air lines news... turns out the company doesnt want to use the 900s anymore they are planning to give YWG the Embraer 175 planes from Compass. so its the same seats as the 900s but they are a bit bigger like you can stand up lol.
air canada uses those planes on there main line fleet. but thats what i have heard. hope it all comes true!

jmt18325 May 12, 2012 1:07 PM

That would be very nice...they're a joy to fly in. But if that's the case, they need to update their booking info.

jmt18325 May 12, 2012 11:30 PM

Although...the CR9 has 5 more seats. That would be an increase of 10 daily each way. The E175 would have exactly the same seat count as now.

trofirhen May 29, 2012 10:48 PM

First time I visited this thread. Nice airport! I sure hope YEG gets Manila, Hawaii, Los Angeles, plus Frankfurt, and that it may reap a benefit from US > Europe flights taking the polar route and touching down at Winnipeg!!

trebor204 Jun 7, 2012 1:15 AM

I went by the old airport today, and they have already starting to demolish it. Starting with the south end.
It looks like construction has begun on the 7/11 Petro Canada site.

jmt18325 Jun 8, 2012 5:32 AM

So apparently, there will now only be two daily flights to Denver from Winnipeg...in October, United starts flying to Grand Forks.

Edit: This FP info may be wrong, as there are differing numbers of flights between Winnipeg and Denver every day. Google says 1 - 3.

jmt18325 Jun 8, 2012 6:20 AM

Yeah, there are only two flights now, and Chicago is going from 4 to 5, so I don't know what theyre talking about. There's no more CRJ 700 for Denver though....

kattiff Jun 14, 2012 3:34 AM

so some more delta news that i have found out. they are getting the crj900 the e170 and e175 just all three types of aircraft will be used on random days. like monday is e175 and rj's then tuesday is rj900 and rj and then wednesday is like e170 rj900 and crj. so delta in winnipeg is getting dual class but they will be on whatever day or whatever crazy demand there is for the day.

and they heard from their higher up people they are planning on building a third hotel on the airport site as well by like the old ecnomy lot in the far end they were told or something like that. but a 3rd hotel is suppose to be going up.

jmt18325 Jun 14, 2012 2:14 PM

From what the WAA told me, there will be 2 classes every day on two of the five flights. According to Delta's schedule, it will always be 2 CR9s and 3 CRJ/CRJ2s.

roccerfeller Jun 14, 2012 2:18 PM

A third hotel?

word.

That area is going to be super cramped lol

Mininari Jun 14, 2012 4:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kattiff (Post 5733623)
so some more delta news that i have found out. they are getting the crj900 the e170 and e175 just all three types of aircraft will be used on random days. like monday is e175 and rj's then tuesday is rj900 and rj and then wednesday is like e170 rj900 and crj. so delta in winnipeg is getting dual class but they will be on whatever day or whatever crazy demand there is for the day.

and they heard from their higher up people they are planning on building a third hotel on the airport site as well by like the old ecnomy lot in the far end they were told or something like that. but a 3rd hotel is suppose to be going up.

So, hotel in the economy lot? Economy hotel option as opposed to the "right at the terminal" options that exist / being constructed.

kattiff Jun 15, 2012 5:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmt18325 (Post 5733925)
From what the WAA told me, there will be 2 classes every day on two of the five flights. According to Delta's schedule, it will always be 2 CR9s and 3 CRJ/CRJ2s.

but if you look on like example september 13th on Delta.com you can see that they are Embraer 170 aircraft. so the E-170 & E-175 are coming too

kattiff Jun 15, 2012 5:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mininari (Post 5734120)
So, hotel in the economy lot? Economy hotel option as opposed to the "right at the terminal" options that exist / being constructed.

well i was just told a 3rd hotel is going up but i really cant remember the location i thought they said it was by that lot but i really cant remember my apologizes

jmt18325 Jun 15, 2012 7:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kattiff (Post 5735495)
but if you look on like example september 13th on Delta.com you can see that they are Embraer 170 aircraft. so the E-170 & E-175 are coming too

Hmm, I guess that's changed since I last looked.