HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa

Old Posted Nov 6, 2007, 7:57 PM
Awesome!

Université du Québec en Outaouais UQO

While, since I'm a graduate since April 2007 (and thus why I've taken an extended period off to relax myself) thus not seeing much of the evolution of the major projects, I''m wondering how the projects are fairing there right now. I know that prior to when I've finished in April, there was the construction of the new building housing the Industrial Relations faculty as well as the expansion of the Library at the Tache campus. Future plans included to merge both Gatineau campuses to the main one on Tache near the Place du Parc project and would include multiple buildings for the Lucien- Brault campus faculties (administration, finances, computer sciences, etc.) as well as a soccer field, the extension of the Saint-Joseph Boulevard and potentially a western expansion of the Rapibus from the terminal that will be in the eastern edge of the Tache campus.
"However, the Leafs have not won the Cup since 1967, giving them the longest-active Cup drought in the NHL, and thus are the only Original Six team that has not won the Cup since the 1967 NHL expansion." Favorite phrase on the Toronto Maple Leafs Wikipedia page.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2007, 8:02 PM
Mooderator

I drove by there on Sunday, looks like the expansion is close to being finished.

What will happen to the Lucien-Brault campus once everything is consolidated?

(on peut discuter en français, comme tu veux)..

Old Posted Nov 6, 2007, 8:04 PM
Awesome!

Il semble avoir entendu que possiblement le governement fédéral pourrait s'en servir - mais il y a encore plusieurs années avant que (si) la fusion des deux campus se réalise. complètement.
"However, the Leafs have not won the Cup since 1967, giving them the longest-active Cup drought in the NHL, and thus are the only Original Six team that has not won the Cup since the 1967 NHL expansion." Favorite phrase on the Toronto Maple Leafs Wikipedia page.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2007, 3:51 AM
Awesome!

Still not moving as far as funding is concern from the city. Council is divided on the funding of between 6 to 10 million to the University, most notably on the extension of Saint-Joseph Boulevard

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20...3/6784/CPDROIT

Old Posted Dec 5, 2007, 11:04 PM
Gatinois et fier

j'ai déja parlé de ça il y a longtemps.c'était pas 6 immeubles de 6 étages?10 immeubles?

GATINEAU-OTTAWA=1 300 000
gatinopolis.miniville.fr
gatinopolis.miniville.fr/ind

Old Posted Dec 6, 2007, 12:24 AM
Still optimistic

Will it ever be a complete University?

If not we could have an Oxford in Aylmer!!!

Old Posted Mar 7, 2008, 2:55 PM
Awesome!

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/apps/pbcs....5046%2FCPDROIT

Photo show the new building of the Tache campus

Old Posted Jul 24, 2008, 2:43 PM
Awesome!

http://www.info07.com/article-234124...-de-lUQO.html#

Rendering of the soccer field. You can also see the rendering of a couple of the buildings behind.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2008, 5:13 PM
Mooderator

Yep, I was wondering what those two buildings were on the end of the soccer pitch. I can't quite orient myself with this rendering.. are the buildings right at the end of St-Joseph?

Source.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2008, 8:08 PM
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harls View Post
Yep, I was wondering what those two buildings were on the end of the soccer pitch. I can't quite orient myself with this rendering.. are the buildings right at the end of St-Joseph?

Source.
Yeah it would have helped if they would include the existent UQO buildings on the rendering. I've thought though the proposed field would be behind the campus. But the empty lot appears to be the cemetery, so you might right the buildings might be at the end of St-Joseph and that means right beside the future Rapibus end

Also, the tallest building looks at least 10 stories, but I may over-estimate this. The highest proposed I've heard would be in the six-storey ish.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2008, 9:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre47 View Post
Yeah it would have helped if they would include the existent UQO buildings on the rendering. I've thought though the proposed field would be behind the campus. But the empty lot appears to be the cemetery, so you might right the buildings might be at the end of St-Joseph and that means right beside the future Rapibus end

Also, the tallest building looks at least 10 stories, but I may over-estimate this. The highest proposed I've heard would be in the six-storey ish.
After much figuring I have this mess sorted out.

The Streets hitting the top of the picture are left to right

Chateaubriand, Viger, Boucherville, Scoot, St. Joesph

The background horizontal one is Alexandre-Tache

The corner of the existing buildings appears in the top left corner.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2008, 11:05 PM
Awesome!

Seems St-Joseph will pass right under the walkway connecting the two buildings, the bottom-left corner might be the possible Aylmer extension to the Rapibus or the bike path or another access route.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2008, 1:33 AM
Unapologetic Occidental

I've been trying to figure out what the U-shaped (U for university?) building over St-Joseph reminded me of.

Now I think I've got it:

http://www.nordmag.fr/nord_pas_de_ca...uralille01.jpg

Old Posted Aug 28, 2008, 1:04 PM
Mooderator

This image is on the Place du Parc Condo website - it looks a little different than the info07 image..

Source.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2008, 1:22 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Am I the only one to find odd that, other than crossing a parking lot/rodway, there seems to be no dedicated pedestrian linkage between the new buildings on the right-hand side and the existing UQO buildings on the left?

Old Posted Nov 9, 2008, 4:38 AM
Awesome!

UQO Tache campus as of Spring 2008 with the newest building

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...uais&encType=1

Old Posted Jul 16, 2009, 2:45 AM
Awesome!

Have heard that they will start construction for the soccer field/stadium pretty soon.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2010, 3:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre47 View Post
Have heard that they will start construction for the soccer field/stadium pretty soon.
Any idea how many seats the stadium will have.

Last edited by reidjr; Jan 15, 2010 at 3:58 PM.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2010, 4:55 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidjr View Post
Any idea how many seats the stadium will have.
''Stadium'' may have been too strong a term. There are no stands planned for the UQO artificial soccer field at this point. Just lights.

The City of Gatineau has actually put in a new artificial sports surface and upgraded the stands at what is known as the Stade Mont-Bleu near the high school which bears the same name off Cité-des-Jeunes. It has a capacity of about 2,000 and will be used for events during the Jeux du Québec summer games which will be held in Gatineau during the summer of 2010.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2013, 1:10 AM

L'Université du Québec en Outaouais expansion | Proposed

Just a heads up. I was at the The UQO the other day, but didn't have my cam on me. The view of the Hull-Ottawa skyline from the tower overlooking the graveyard is possibly the best vantage of the cityscape I have seen. Don't plan to be back soon. But I hope someone will take the shot, it is one I have not seen around.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa