PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Union Square II?

*Stardust*
Apr 19, 2012, 10:45 PM
Was construction cancelled for it? I can't find the website and there is nothing about it on te Developer's website? Anybody have any info on this amazing condo on 1st street SW?

I thought the plan was to develop the 1st street area, but they only got half way though!

unibrain
Apr 20, 2012, 1:20 AM
Was construction cancelled for it? I can't find the website and there is nothing about it on te Developer's website? Anybody have any info on this amazing condo on 1st street SW?

I thought the plan was to develop the 1st street area, but they only got half way though!

From what I understand, this one is being held back in favor of a few other projects the developer has on the go. But I'd expect to look for it to come back with a slightly different look whenever that might be.

mrcccondor
Apr 20, 2012, 4:54 PM
From what I understand, this one is being held back in favor of a few other projects the developer has on the go. But I'd expect to look for it to come back with a slightly different look whenever that might be. I walk past the site almost daily. Someone took down all of the perimeter construction fence which lead me to believe that something was happening.

Alas, I think the fencing was just knocked over and they haven't even bother standing it back up. It's been down for a couple of weeks.

unibrain
Apr 21, 2012, 1:24 AM
I walk past the site almost daily. Someone took down all of the perimeter construction fence which lead me to believe that something was happening.

Alas, I think the fencing was just knocked over and they haven't even bother standing it back up. It's been down for a couple of weeks.

Is there construction debris behind the construction fence? Please place a call to 311 if the site poses a safety concern. If it's just unsightly, please call 311 and request Bylaw Services have a look under the good neighbor bylaw. Cant really force anyone to develop/build when they're not ready. But can push them to at least make the neighborhood look nice by tidying up their property. One of the things they could do is erect new hoarding, and have local schools paint them up with murals.

Bigtime
Apr 21, 2012, 1:05 PM
Agreed unibrain, 1st street deserves better than a fence that has fallen over and construction junk in an empty site. Especially with it fronting onto 1st and the park behind it.

*Stardust*
Apr 21, 2012, 1:55 PM
I wonder if the recession had anything to do with the delay.

Does anyone know if it is still possible to find the floorplans anywhere online for the first Union Square building? I can't seem to find them

bakersdozen
May 5, 2012, 5:24 PM
I know Union Square 1 has a lot of overpriced condo's up for sale the past few months on MLS that don't seem to be moving at the price they want. I wonder if the building ever sold out to begin with?

izend
May 9, 2012, 4:20 PM
Yes union square sold out, even the 3 penthouses. I currently live in the building and yes it was little overpriced but I was one of the very last to purchase in '10. I personally love, it is my belief the quality is a little higher. Overall our condo fees are low and we have had very very minor issues with the building.

kw5150
May 9, 2012, 4:31 PM
Is there construction debris behind the construction fence? Please place a call to 311 if the site poses a safety concern. If it's just unsightly, please call 311 and request Bylaw Services have a look under the good neighbor bylaw. Cant really force anyone to develop/build when they're not ready. But can push them to at least make the neighborhood look nice by tidying up their property. One of the things they could do is erect new hoarding, and have local schools paint them up with murals.

Agreed...........It looks unsafe and kind of like an urban dump. It is setting a really bad precedent for the area. Clean that sh%& up.