PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Raptors 2012 Thread

yaletown_fella
Dec 16, 2011, 4:31 PM
I almost forgot the first preseason game starts this Sunday as the Raps host the Celtics at home.

LeftCoaster
Dec 16, 2011, 4:36 PM
How are they looking this year? I don't really follow the NBA too much but I'll go to a few games this year I'm sure.

yaletown_fella
Dec 16, 2011, 4:55 PM
Bargnani is still the main go to guy. He's definelty demonstrated all star potential but hasn't consistently made a defensive effort. Of course, this is a team problem and the new coach Dwane Casey could prove to be the perfect remedy for this laziness.

One of my favorites is Bayless, a short 23 year old traded from New Orleans looking to prove everyone wrong.

Overall I'm optimistic about some of the talent on the roster but I think the Raptors have to tank, rebuild, and develop their young players in order to become a serious contender.

Travis007
Dec 27, 2011, 4:54 AM
Good overall team effort today. Ed Davis and Amir Johnson both showed great improvement from last season. We'll need more consistent contributions from Bargnani and DeRozan to win in more critical games though. The new emphasis on Defense by coach Casey has made a huge impact.

yaletown_fella
Dec 27, 2011, 5:12 AM
Beat me to it dude!

Yes I know it's early but I'm also liking Casey already!

This should be the season when Bargs shows his true colors (assuming he's stays healthy) and management decides what direction this team should go.

dennis1
Dec 28, 2011, 5:22 AM
Raptors should be fine this year. No playoffs, but a foundation is building.

yaletown_fella
Jan 10, 2012, 5:31 PM
The defence really stepped it up last game. Props to Amir!

On the other hand I can't wait for the return of Bayless! Go Raps Go!