PDA

View Full Version : Time Lapse Driving - "Hwy 2" Through London

Kokkei Mizu
Feb 12, 2011, 9:32 PM
I followed the path of the former King's Highway 2 through London. Here's the video:

0QmTlYrkpvE

The artist I used lives in St. Thomas. You should check out more of his stuff!

manny_santos
Feb 12, 2011, 11:08 PM
Nice!

If you have the time you should do this for the entire length of the old Highway 2 through Ontario, obviously with a series of videos tied together. It would be a neat view of the original trans-provincial highway.

go_leafs_go02
Feb 12, 2011, 11:42 PM
Neat video - totally wish they would keep those signed routes at least for driving. Ontario probably has the most confusing road network with a barebones Provincial Network, county roads that change numbers crossing municipal borders etc.

ForestryW
Feb 13, 2011, 3:13 AM
Awesome. These never get old.

What amazes me is how few red lights you hit.

Kokkei Mizu
Feb 14, 2011, 8:23 AM
Awesome. These never get old.

What amazes me is how few red lights you hit.

Yeah I was pretty lucky. The drive only took me 28 minutes from the east border to the west... I was surprised. I was counting on at least 45 minutes...

MikeOnt
Feb 22, 2011, 7:45 PM
thats rare with the red lights. nice vid.

ssiguy
Mar 3, 2011, 6:55 AM
Great vid!
Being originally from Strathroy and then moving to West London I cannot remember even once being on Dundas east of Highbury. In fact the only time we even made it past Adelaide was every Sept for the Western Fair. Been down Oxford to get to the airport but that was almost it. All the shopping , entertainment, restaurants................everything is E.of A. Funny how I was born and raised in the London area but the first one third of that video was new to me.
BTW............what day and time did you make that video? Not only were you very lucky with the lights but traffic looked very light by London standards.

Kokkei Mizu
Mar 4, 2011, 7:34 AM
BTW............what day and time did you make that video? Not only were you very lucky with the lights but traffic looked very light by London standards.

I took the video on a weekday around 11am. I was very lucky with the traffic. Thank you everyone for the kind comments :)