PDA

View Full Version : What to do... What to do... What to do...

Whisper09
Jan 30, 2011, 4:21 PM
Title says it all, WHAT COULD THERE POSSIBLY BE IN LONDON THAT IS NOT BORING!

I usually hang out with friends on a Friday evening because of school and work... sooooooo.... we have been stuck with the same thing lately (waiting in our cars, in a parking lot, scratching our heads, try to come up with something to do). This is why I hate winter. There's nothing to fucking do. (Am I allowed to swear on this fucking forum?):whip:

So.... while we watch time go slowly by, and wait for spring to come, we need some ideas that would make life so much more fun.

We have done the following already:

Walk
Walk
Drive
Park
Think
Drive
Park
Walk
Throw snowballs at pedestrians
Run
Walk
Think
Go Home
Bowl (usually at Fleetway)
Tubing (yeah we're lame and can't snowboard)
Hockey, eh?
Movies
Drink
Drink
Did I mention drinking?
Drink

You get the idea.

Please help:yes:

Highinthesky
Jan 30, 2011, 8:44 PM
You live with your parents don't you?

Whisper09
Jan 30, 2011, 10:16 PM
Yes. Umn, how would that make any difference?

bolognium
Jan 30, 2011, 10:39 PM
Drunk tobogganing is fun.

Kokkei Mizu
Jan 31, 2011, 6:42 AM
I was gonna say bowling, but you already have that down... Bowling and going to the movies are like the only two activities I do with friends during the winter. I hate winter sports, and hate the cold. Gaaahhh! Why can't the spring come sooner?!? :(

Highinthesky
Jan 31, 2011, 5:47 PM
Whatever happened to buying a case of beer, rolling up a couple of joints and just pwning noobs on NHL 11 all night?

go_leafs_go02
Jan 31, 2011, 7:44 PM
Laser tag.

haljackey
Jan 31, 2011, 8:47 PM
Laser tag.

Went to Laser Quest for the first time in over 5 years not too long ago. So much fun!

MolsonExport
Jan 31, 2011, 9:07 PM
Hang out at Angelos.

err, wait a minute.

I mean, TJ Baxter's.

Scratch that.

Drink.
Eat.
Costco.
maybe tobogganing.
maybe Covent Garden Market, but that get's old quickly. Speaking of, there's always cherryhill village mall. :D

Best yet: drive the fark out of London.

London is fine in the summer (nearby Lake Huron is fabulous), but it is quite possibly (with the exception of St. Thomas) the world's most boring place in Winter.

Simpseatles
Jan 31, 2011, 10:11 PM
What about skiing or snowboarding at the Boler Bump? When the giant dirt hill expansion is opened next winter, it will have longer runs, and double the size of Canada's Southernmost ski hill!:banana:

ericlewis91
Jan 31, 2011, 10:54 PM
What about skiing or snowboarding at the Boler Bump? When the giant dirt hill expansion is opened next winter, it will have longer runs, and double the size of Canada's Southernmost ski hill!:banana:

that must make it better then blue mountain

Simpseatles
Jan 31, 2011, 11:43 PM
that must make it better then blue mountain

No way! As awesome as this expansion will be, it can't compete with the length, and the ammount of runs there. However it will become a reasonable alternative to the 3 hour trek just for day trips.

Also, I climbed to the top of the new hill in the summer, and it offers a pretty nice skyline view!:cool:

Kokkei Mizu
Feb 1, 2011, 2:10 AM
Also, I climbed to the top of the new hill in the summer, and it offers a pretty nice skyline view!:cool:

You don't say!

http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/medium/41538074.jpg

Simpseatles
Feb 1, 2011, 3:31 AM
^Nice picture!:cheers:

That view's going to make skiing down there all the more awesome, and it'll give out-of-towners a nice impression!

go_leafs_go02
Feb 1, 2011, 5:29 AM
I haven't been to Boler since 2001, and they were building that hill even then...

That's 10 years ago....

Simpseatles
Feb 1, 2011, 4:42 PM
I haven't been to Boler since 2001, and they were building that hill even then...

That's 10 years ago....

Ya, they've been working on this thing so long, that when it began, it was called Hill 2000 or something! Took another 11 years!

Whisper09
Feb 1, 2011, 6:01 PM
By any chance is Boler owned by John Holer? Haha, now that you brought that up, Boler reminds me of Marineland.

MolsonExport
Feb 1, 2011, 7:02 PM
Does Boler have that annoying King Waldorf Walrus Mascot? And the wretched Deer Woods?

manny_santos
Feb 1, 2011, 8:17 PM
Hill 2000 has been under construction since 1978!

Whisper09
Feb 2, 2011, 5:24 PM
Does Boler have that annoying King Waldorf Walrus Mascot? And the wretched Deer Woods?

What I meant, but was too lazy to explain, is the fact that Boler and Marineland both like to take their time on projects and advertise them saying what is "new" next year.