PDA

View Full Version : High Rise Research

anneh
Nov 2, 2010, 5:42 PM
Hi Calgary SSP,

My name is Anne Huizinga and I am a graduate student at the University of Calgary studying the experiences associated with people living in high density for a graduate thesis.

I am looking for participants who have lived in a high-rise building of 10 stories or more, as well as building managers of similar structures, to take part in a semi-structured confidential interview of approximately 30 minutes about your experiences.

A $10.00 gift card will be provided in compensation for those who participate in the study.

If you are interested in taking part in the interview, please contact:

Anne Huizinga

Email: anne.huizinga@gmail.com (Subject: Research Project)

tsumetai
Nov 2, 2010, 7:16 PM
I lived in a multiple high-rise buildings in Edmonton while going to University, two of them were residence. Not sure if that counts. I'll do an interview for free but can it be done over e-mail (ie - questionnaire format), I have a busy schedule and may not have time to meet in person

Thanks

anneh
Nov 3, 2010, 2:21 AM
Hi Tsumetai,

Unfortunately student residences are not being included in the present study. They are a very unique situation relative to rental apartments and high rise condominiums. Thank-you for your interest though, and if you know anyone who has lived in a non-residence style high rise I would appreciate the referrals!

Cheers,
Anne

Bigtime
Nov 3, 2010, 2:18 PM
Hi Anne,

I passed along your post to my wife, she will contact you to set up an interview.

We have been living in a beltline highrise (26th floor) since January 2008.

DizzyEdge
Nov 3, 2010, 3:49 PM
Anne, I'm sure we'd all be interested in a summary of your thesis when complete.

Bigtime
Nov 3, 2010, 6:53 PM
Anne, I'm sure we'd all be interested in a summary of your thesis when complete.

Absolutely! I would love to check it out.

anneh
Nov 8, 2010, 3:08 AM
Thanks for the interest! I'll see what I can do when I'm finished. It would be a great help if anyone knows somebody who would be interested in participating as well, they don't need to frequent this page to be eligible.

Cheers,

Anne

Tills13
Nov 8, 2010, 3:28 AM
I live in a building that meets your requirements, but I don't live above the tenth floor and I'm not a permanent resident. I live in Five West on the ninth floor, but I'm currently splitting time between my Mom's house and my Dad's apartment and, as such, I may be able to provide a little bit of perspective on the differences or benefits of having an apartment in such close proximity to the core.

Are you still interested? Also, it would be great if I could do this via email or phone. My current school schedule doesn't really permit much free time.

And before you claim I'm 20something and living with my parents, I'm a senior in high school :D

anneh
Nov 10, 2010, 1:16 AM
I live in a building that meets your requirements, but I don't live above the tenth floor and I'm not a permanent resident. I live in Five West on the ninth floor, but I'm currently splitting time between my Mom's house and my Dad's apartment and, as such, I may be able to provide a little bit of perspective on the differences or benefits of having an apartment in such close proximity to the core.

Are you still interested? Also, it would be great if I could do this via email or phone. My current school schedule doesn't really permit much free time.

And before you claim I'm 20something and living with my parents, I'm a senior in high school :D
Hi, Unfortunately I'm not currently set up for email or phone interviews, but I am mobile and able to meet at a location that is convenient for you. I've done many interviews at coffee shops near down town or Eau Claire Market.

Please let me know if you are still interested.

Cheers,
Anne