PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a land in the peninsula

Mustafa
Sep 16, 2010, 6:39 AM
Hi guys,

I'm a new investor/immigrant here in Halifax looking to buy a land (1.5M max) and build a rental condo style property (30-40 units) in the peninsula (except gottingen).

I know it's out of the blue and maybe I shouldn't post it here :koko: But I hope you can help me guys you seem like a well educated people and you have huge experience with HRM and the regulations here.
Do you have any suggestions? Where can I look? Do you know some one who owns a land and willing to sell? Can I bid on HRM's properties (they own some nice lots and it's going for sale sometime in the future according to the development plan)?

I have access to allnovascotia and other important sites and have been heavily searching with no luck (5 failed deals so far :D including Geoff's property on wellington).
Thanks in advance and apologies if I misplaced the thread

Haliburger
Sep 18, 2010, 7:22 PM
How about the lot on the corner of Windsor Street and Young? I believe Petro Canada bought it from the feds around 5 years ago but couldn't get the agreement (was there a rezoning?) approved based on some community objections. The size and value would fit.

worldlyhaligonian
Sep 18, 2010, 7:42 PM
Hi guys,

I'm a new investor/immigrant here in Halifax looking to buy a land (1.5M max) and build a rental condo style property (30-40 units) in the peninsula (except gottingen).

I know it's out of the blue and maybe I shouldn't post it here :koko: But I hope you can help me guys you seem like a well educated people and you have huge experience with HRM and the regulations here.
Do you have any suggestions? Where can I look? Do you know some one who owns a land and willing to sell? Can I bid on HRM's properties (they own some nice lots and it's going for sale sometime in the future according to the development plan)?

I have access to allnovascotia and other important sites and have been heavily searching with no luck (5 failed deals so far :D including Geoff's property on wellington).
Thanks in advance and apologies if I misplaced the thread

What about the lot on Robie to the south of the Atlantica Hotel?

Another good lot is in between Cogswell Street and Rainnie Drive, directly west of Centennial pool. There was the Almathea proposal there, but we haven't heard anything regarding that for some time.

fenwick16
Sep 18, 2010, 7:43 PM
I understand that there is cheap land out by Shannon Park :rolleyes:

I have a hard time believing that this is a serious post. Wouldn't someone with $1.5 million dollars to invest go through a real estate agent instead of a skyscraperpage forum?

worldlyhaligonian
Sep 18, 2010, 8:28 PM

I have a hard time believing that this is a serious post. Wouldn't someone with $1.5 million dollars to invest go through a real estate agent instead of a skyscraperpage forum?

I would bet on their agent being the reason they had 5 deals fall through in the past.

Either way, there are tons of lots on the peninsula that could fit a building of this size.

Quinpool and Havard is another site.

Mustafa
Sep 21, 2010, 3:05 AM
Thanks guys for your help I really appreciate it.

How about the lot on the corner of Windsor Street and Young? I believe Petro Canada bought it from the feds around 5 years ago but couldn't get the agreement (was there a rezoning?) approved based on some community objections. The size and value would fit.

Which one is it? Is it 6192 YOUNG ST? I'm not sure which lot is that. place is ideal.

Mustafa
Sep 21, 2010, 3:15 AM
What about the lot on Robie to the south of the Atlantica Hotel?

Another good lot is in between Cogswell Street and Rainnie Drive, directly west of Centennial pool. There was the Almathea proposal there, but we haven't heard anything regarding that for some time.

6030 PEPPERELL ST, HALIFAX? It's R-2 and very huge.
Cogswell Street and Rainnie Drive, That's a great lot. I think it's owned by HRM I will contact them. Can a make a proposal without it being listed?

Mustafa
Sep 21, 2010, 3:22 AM

isn't Shannon park in Dartmouth? With 5-6% vacancy rate Dartmouth is not very desirable.

If you know any broker who can find something I'm all ears. just send a private msg and tell me who he is. I have dealt with many brokers and they only offer what's on MLS. well, I already know what's on MLS! why would I need a broker?

Mustafa
Sep 21, 2010, 3:26 AM
I would bet on their agent being the reason they had 5 deals fall through in the past.

Either way, there are tons of lots on the peninsula that could fit a building of this size.

Quinpool and Havard is another site.

3 out of 5 had an agent involved in one way or another.
I think this lot is owned by Esso (Imperial Oil).

Haliburger
Sep 22, 2010, 1:34 AM
Thanks guys for your help I really appreciate it.

Which one is it? Is it 6192 YOUNG ST? I'm not sure which lot is that. place is ideal.

The north east corner. It borders DND's Willow Park (not Windsor Park) right beside Bikes By Dave... that whole corner.

worldlyhaligonian
Sep 22, 2010, 4:58 AM
6030 PEPPERELL ST, HALIFAX? It's R-2 and very huge.
Cogswell Street and Rainnie Drive, That's a great lot. I think it's owned by HRM I will contact them. Can a make a proposal without it being listed?

Not sure... but I thought a developer owned it due to this proposal:

Credit: a_gallant on photobucket
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j260/a_gallant/IMG_0993.jpg

You should build something like this...