PDA

View Full Version : Hyatt offers bicycles to guests

mr.steevo
Sep 7, 2010, 2:55 PM
Hi,

I found out yesterday while walking through the downtown Hyatt that guests can borrow a bike, grab a map, and tour the pathways while staying at the hotel.

Seems like a good idea to me.

s.

Calgarian
Sep 7, 2010, 4:28 PM
That's a pretty good idea indeed. I think more hotels should offer something like that, I'm sure many European visitors would happily take a bike around to see the city.

twoNeurons
Sep 8, 2010, 3:05 PM
:previous:

Only Europeans?

Riise
Sep 8, 2010, 3:38 PM
During my weekend excursion to Amsterdam the shop that my friends and I rented out bikes from was actually operated by the hotel I stayed at the last time I was in that city. Rather convenient.

Radley77
Sep 8, 2010, 6:45 PM
One of the first things I love doing in a new city is renting a bike. It's a great way to explore the people and places and great to hear that the Hyatt is making that available to their guests.

It would be great to see some of the restaurants, small businesses, and cafes installing more cycling parking in Calgary. I usually cycle to work, but I find it's harder to run errands afterwards because of a lack of secure cycling parking infrastructure.

Rusty van Reddick
Sep 8, 2010, 8:00 PM
17th and Kensington et al need more bike racks, absolutely.

Cowtown_Tim
Sep 8, 2010, 9:55 PM
Awesome idea! so this would only be for hotel guests. I wonder if locals could rent one off of them?

Calgarian
Sep 8, 2010, 10:15 PM
:previous:

Only Europeans?

Of course not, I was alluding to the fact that Europeans have embraced the bicycle much more than we have in NA. Here when you get your first car you forget about the existence of bicycles.