PDA

View Full Version : favorite smart phone

pascalosti
Jun 22, 2010, 3:26 AM
Ive made my mind up that it will be an android phone not sure which one yet. That said feel free to rave about the Iphone.
So what is your choice in Smart phones?

fenwick16
Jun 22, 2010, 6:55 AM
Ive made my mind up that it will be an android phone not sure which one yet. That said feel free to rave about the Iphone.
So what is your choice in Smart phones?

I like the iPhone, but it is the only one that I have ever owned so it is hard to make a comparison.

Phalanx
Jun 22, 2010, 2:59 PM
I have a Motorola Milestone (the GSM version of the Droid) from Telus. So far, so good. Currently running Android 2.1. The screen is very nice - responsive, bright, good resolution. I also like having the physical keyboard as an option instead of being stuck with the virtual keyboard (there's nothing wrong with the virtual keyboard - I use it most of the time, I'm just old school, and I like options). The Droid 2 is due out sometime soon, too - revised keyboard, generally improved specs. Don't know how long it will take to get to Canada, though.

pascalosti
Jun 22, 2010, 5:55 PM
yeah tomorrow they will make a big announcement on the new droid phones. It bugs the hell out of me why they don't deliver phones in Canada at the same time as the states. The Iphone does it!
The new HTC legend does look really good too.

Phalanx
Jun 22, 2010, 6:07 PM
It's not the manufacturers that are to blame - it's the carriers. Most of them have to be locked down with proprietary software. You can pay full price and buy an unlocked version anytime. Newer model iPhones aren't locked when sold internationally - that's why they can be released almost simultaneously up here.

HTC has had some quality control issues with their last couple of phone models - there are screen separation issues, so I'd steer clear from them until the production kinks have been worked out. I know the EVO was affected for sure, and I vaguely recall a couple of other models being affected. At any rate, check Engadget, Gizmodo or similar site to check the HTC models with issues.

PoscStudent
Jun 22, 2010, 7:03 PM
I had a Blackberry Pearl and loved and now I have a Blackberry Storm and hate it, I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the new Iphone when it arrives next month.