PDA

View Full Version : whats your favorite restaurant?

pascalosti
May 17, 2010, 3:23 PM
Any restaurant recommendation?

no chain or the regular burgers and fries place. Something unique about it with good food.

JET
May 17, 2010, 4:08 PM
Any restaurant recommendation?

no chain or the regular burgers and fries place. Something unique about it with good food.

Jamiesons, Cole Harbour

Barrington south
May 17, 2010, 5:14 PM
PiPa~Authentic Portugese and Brazialian food in the old wooden monkey location~PiPa won one of the top ten new resturants in Canada in 2009

JET
May 17, 2010, 7:15 PM
PiPa~Authentic Portugese and Brazialian food in the old wooden monkey location~PiPa won one of the top ten new resturants in Canada in 2009

Per the Coast, congrats are also in order for the Henry House;
nice shot of Mel.

Keith P.
May 17, 2010, 8:48 PM
Estia on SGR is very good -- Greek food.

Barrington south
May 17, 2010, 9:57 PM
Per the Coast, congrats are also in order for the Henry House;
nice shot of Mel.

thank you very much Jet

planarchy
May 18, 2010, 1:15 AM
Brooklyn Warehouse at Almon St. and Windsor is fantastic. Also the Wooden Monkey, Old Triangle on Bedford Row, La Perla in Dartmouth, Fid on Dresdon Row, Nectar Social House in Dartmouth...:cheers:

hfx_chris
May 18, 2010, 7:52 PM
I'm quite fond lately of Ryan Duffy's...

-Harlington-
May 19, 2010, 2:30 AM
ive always liked gatsbys on spring garden, they have good gourmet pizza and alot more, great service to.

halifaxboyns
May 19, 2010, 8:18 AM
I always enjoyed visiting Zen Chineese food in Clayton Park - always good. The Argyle was good too; but haven't been in a while (since I live out west).

I miss Thackeray's that was on Spring Garden Road. My mom used to take me there growing up and I always loved the potato skins and chicken fingers - plus I always liked the atmosphere.

pascalosti
May 19, 2010, 3:26 PM
forgot I posted this :-)

I ended up going to a Thai restaurant beside Bearly's blue bar. It was pretty kick ass!

GUB
May 19, 2010, 4:40 PM
Don't go to the ARGYLE. It is terrible---I once worked there and let me just say that the kitchen staff have do not know the meaning of hygiene...

Jstaleness
May 19, 2010, 10:05 PM
As a lot have been mentioned already but I do have to bring in The Fireside on Brunswick St.

worldlyhaligonian
May 20, 2010, 12:54 AM
The Henry House, :cool:

How are the reno's going?

Barrington south
May 20, 2010, 2:22 AM
cheers worldy

the Reno's are about 90% done

the bar is currently being made in Yorkshire england

the oak floors are fully installed, should be ready by early Aug

Barrington south
May 20, 2010, 2:23 AM
forgot I posted this :-)

I ended up going to a Thai restaurant beside Bearly's blue bar. It was pretty kick ass!

Talay Thai

they also own Chabaa Thai

beyeas
May 20, 2010, 12:48 PM
cheers worldy

Awesome... I haven't been in a while, so I am looking forward to the changes. My girlfriend and I were actually just saying last weekend that we want to walk down some evening for dinner (the coast thingy spurred it).

I don't think I realized that was your place... congrats! :cheers:

worldlyhaligonian
May 21, 2010, 1:39 AM
cheers worldy

Sweeet, I look forward to it when I get back to Halifax.

joeyedm
May 21, 2010, 12:20 PM
I enjoyed Brooklyn Warehouse when i was there a couple of weeks ago. Im interested in trying Q on Argyle. Has anyone been there?

JustinMacD
Jun 10, 2010, 5:59 PM
Mezza, Athens, and It's All Greek to Me on Quinpool are all top notch. It's All Greek to Me is incredible.

beyeas
Jun 10, 2010, 6:15 PM
I enjoyed Brooklyn Warehouse when i was there a couple of weeks ago. Im interested in trying Q on Argyle. Has anyone been there?

Never tried Q, but the burgers at Brooklyn Warehouse certainly were really good! (went there for the 1st time last weekend).

Keith P.
Jun 11, 2010, 9:09 PM
Never tried Q, but the burgers at Brooklyn Warehouse certainly were really good! (went there for the 1st time last weekend).

Yes, that's a good left-wing sort of place. You'd like it there. ;)