PDA

View Full Version : Golf Courses - Netting required?

Lukey
Sep 6, 2009, 10:42 PM
Hi All,

Yesterday I was driving south on Upper James and my car was hit by a golf ball. After talking to the party who hit the ball and the golf course it seems noone wants to take responsibility for the ball hitting the city's road.

I've started looking to see if Hamilton requires courses to have netting by roads/homes to avoid this issue. So far, I've come across Gatineau who has recently implemented this (http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/Gatineau+cries+foul+over+errant+golf+balls/1929347/story.html) but nothing for Hamilton.

If anyone has an idea of where I could find the answer, or if someone already knows the answer, I'd love to hear it!

Thank you.

bigguy1231
Sep 7, 2009, 2:35 AM
I don't know if the city requires it, but I know the city has netting at Chedoke along the 403.

I would think for liability purposes that the courses and driving ranges in the area would erect netting where there is a potential to hit the ball on the road.

The driving range at the bottom of the Clappison's cut has netting along highway 6 and the range on Upper Centennial has netting as well.

Call the city on Tuesday and see if you can find out.

highwater
Sep 7, 2009, 2:33 PM
Write a letter to the spec and copy the councillor whose ward the golf course is in.