PDA

View Full Version : Portland stores to sell skyscraper posters?

Dylan Leblanc
Jun 13, 2009, 5:22 AM
Hi Portland guys! This weekend I am passing through Portland and would like to stop at some stores that would be good places to sell the SkyscraperPage posters. I don't know the town very well but figure there must be some gift shops, art stores or whatever that would be interested in carrying the posters. Are there any places you could suggest for me to try? If you can name a place and I go there and they do decide to carry the posters I'll send you one as thanks. :D

http://skyscraperpage.com/store/posters/american/img/09.jpg

Let me know if you can think of any!

RED_PDXer
Jun 13, 2009, 5:30 AM
Maybe the map store near SE 7th on Hawthorne?

JordanL
Jun 13, 2009, 9:20 AM
Powell's would probably be interested. If you had a version with the Oregon Convention Center right in the middle they'd probably find it interesting too.

Dylan Leblanc
Jun 13, 2009, 5:29 PM
Great guys I'll check those out!!

PacificNW
Jun 13, 2009, 10:42 PM
Does the University of Oregon have a "Duck" retail outlet in their Old Town location? Considering the Architecture school is located there I would think they would be interested. BTW, these posters are great for framing. I had one at one time and a architect friend really liked it so I gave one to him for his birthday. I think they make great gifts.

ue
Jun 13, 2009, 11:07 PM
Hmmm hopefully some of these stores have stock when I come this summer! Would be cool to buy these from a store! Is it going to be American Skyscraper Poster, all the posters to date, or are you making a new Portland one?

redbeard
Jun 14, 2009, 3:11 AM
Does the University of Oregon have a "Duck" retail outlet in their Old Town location? Considering the Architecture school is located there I would think they would be interested. BTW, these posters are great for framing. I had one at one time and a architect friend really liked it so I gave one to him for his birthday. I think they make great gifts.

There is a Duck Shop in the U of O Old Town location. They closed the one down that was on SW 2nd and moved it to the corner of Naito and NW Couch.

JordanL
Jun 14, 2009, 10:42 AM
There is a Duck Shop in the U of O Old Town location. They closed the one down that was on SW 2nd and moved it to the corner of Naito and NW Couch.

And oh the firestorm that has cause with the sign...