PDA

View Full Version : música, música: what are you listening to?

flight_from_kamakura
May 14, 2009, 1:35 AM
i'm always sort of wondering what sort of music folks on this board are listening to.

on my playlist right now, i've got some pretty random stuff: love/fine, peaches, fryars, neon indian, empire of the sun, heartsrevolution, vampire weekend, telefon tel aviv, phoenix, passion pit, belle and sebastian...

what are you listening to? (or is it: 'to what are you listening?')

dreambrother808
May 14, 2009, 1:55 AM
patrick watson
the walkmen
peter bjorn and john
yeah yeah yeahs
joni mitchell
great lake swimmers
kate bush
sigur ros

quobobo
May 14, 2009, 1:58 AM
Random? Come on, a playlist that could easily be generated by taking a sample of bands from the Pitchfork front page is not "random".

(I kid because I love, most of those are on my iPod)

flight_from_kamakura
May 14, 2009, 2:20 AM
^ i've mainstream tastes. ;) if it's any consolation, the phoenix and vampire weekend and passion pit is purely remix.

Spork
armin van buuren
markus schulz
DJ DC
Mark Starr
The Digitalist
Sander van Doorn
Pryda
Marcel Woods
Fausto

djmk
led zepplin
pearl jam
tool
modest mouse
arcade fire
tragically hip

quobobo
May 14, 2009, 2:35 AM
Really into the new Art Brut right now.

List of stuff that's been stuck in my head over the last couple months:

Passion Pit, songs from the second Flight of the Conchords season, Cymbals Eat Guitars, F***ed Up (hope I don't get banned for that), Wolf Parade (starting to appreciate their second album more), Animal Collective, Zazen Boys, Bat for Lashes, Patrick Wolf.

excel
May 14, 2009, 2:43 AM
Radiohead
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
My Morning Jacket
Black Keys
The National
Kings of Leon
Coldplay

Canadian Mind
May 14, 2009, 2:45 AM
armin van buuren
markus schulz
DJ DC
Mark Starr
The Digitalist
Sander van Doorn
Pryda
Marcel Woods
Fausto

techno freak! :P i love the stuff too.

I actually listen to all sorts of tunes. right now I have Spirit of the west on, before that was DJ Tiesto, Before that was Rammstien, before that was Nickelback, etc.

teriyaki
May 14, 2009, 4:25 AM
It's always puzzled me where people got their music outside of mainstream radio stations. Like, how do you come about liking so and so if you're not bombarded with it day in day out? Serious question.

quobobo
May 14, 2009, 4:44 AM
It's always puzzled me where people got their music outside of mainstream radio stations. Like, how do you come about liking so and so if you're not bombarded with it day in day out? Serious question.

Internet! Music magazines!

Spork
May 14, 2009, 6:06 AM

Another one for internet. Internet radio in particular. Digitally Imported Radio (http://www.di.fm) is a good start.

giallo
May 14, 2009, 6:09 AM
These days:

Ratatat
Ghostface Killah
MF DOOM
Danger
Bloody Beetroots
Caribou
Guns and Roses (only Appetite for Destruction)
Dabrye
Does It Offend You, Yeah
Black Moon
9th Wonder
Old Metallica

And remixes of all kinds. I love remixes.

Hong Kongese
May 14, 2009, 6:41 AM
I enjoy most music even classical. The only music I'm not too crazy about is rap and country.

Since I was raised in HK, I also love Cantonese pops and classical Chinese opera.

CBeats
May 14, 2009, 8:22 AM

Friends who know crazy stuff, youtube, specialty tv music channels. Mostly the crazy friends thing.

Pendulum
Ministry of Sound
Benassi
MGMT
Panic at the Disco
Arcade Fire
Bassnectar
Deadmau5
Kanye West

Radio stuff too, but I'm a little tired of the same generic hip hop and pop/rock stuff these days. Poker Face is catchy though ;)

Canadian Mind
May 14, 2009, 12:08 PM

I listen to the Police and Gordon lightfoot because thats what my parents and grandparnts listened t when I was a little kid. Brings back the feelings of ths happy days. As for the rest of it, usually hear it at clubs, or when i'm out travelling. I didn't really get into techno and trance until i went to the states for the first tie back in 07.

phesto
May 14, 2009, 4:14 PM
These days:

Ratatat
Ghostface Killah
MF DOOM
Danger
Bloody Beetroots
Caribou
Guns and Roses (only Appetite for Destruction)
Dabrye
Does It Offend You, Yeah
Black Moon
9th Wonder
Old Metallica

And remixes of all kinds. I love remixes.

Nice. This could have been my playlist (…sans GnR)

A few getting heavy rotation in the ipod recently:

Odd Nosdam
Moderat
Foreign Exchange
Bibio

AKA-007
May 14, 2009, 4:47 PM
wow, an interesting array of music. I'll have to check out some of the artists up there ^.

Flogging Molly
Dropkick Murphys
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Michael Buble
Dragonforce
The Beatles
Classical (1700's early 1800's)
and many random songs from artists from over 20 years ago.

flight_from_kamakura
May 14, 2009, 8:26 PM
odd nosdam... i actually really like these anticon guys. that 'why?' record 'alopecia' was pretty damned good.

flight_from_kamakura
Jul 11, 2009, 5:14 PM
hmm, a little late, but these are two pretty great mj remixes, for those who are so inclined.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xtqtjudrkxz
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zmclirmztje

flight_from_kamakura
Aug 24, 2009, 6:00 AM
canadian rock out
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?idzyxkmylyx

bliss out:
http://www.mediafire.com/?znejkzymzzw