PDA

View Full Version : What's Coming Up in Halifax

Dmajackson
Apr 12, 2009, 7:34 PM
I was thinking about the schedule threads I made this week and I think instead of cluttering up the forum with threads every week I'll just make one big thread with what is happening in Halifax in the next month and continuously update it like the Compilation Thread. So Instead of combining all of the three existing threads into this one I'll just start this one at May 3, 2009 and keep it a month ahead of the current date and let the other three threads die off as they expire. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[center]Monday June 1, 2009
Chebucto Community Council - 7:00 p.m
Public hearing:
Case 01244 (http://www.halifax.ca/Commcoun/ccc/documents/090504CCC1011.pdf) - Development Agreement, 91 Purcells Cove Road, Halifax
Public Information Meetings:
Case 01272 - Application by Barbara McDonald to rezone 1568 Prospect Road from the RB-1 (Residential B-1) Zone to the C-2 (General Business) Zone, Hatchett Lake
Brookside Junior High School cafeteria, 2239 Prospect Road - 7:00 p.m.

Tuesday June 2, 2009
Halifax Regional Council - 6:00 p.m:
1. INVOCATION
2. SPECIAL COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES - May 5&6, 2009
4. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
5. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION - NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION - NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS
8.1 HRM by Design (deferred May 12, 2009)
(i) Supplementary Staff Report dated May 25, 2009
(ii) Supplementary Staff Report dated April 2, 2009
(iii) Urban Design Task Force Report
(iv) Regional Plan Advisory Committee Report
(v) Heritage Advisory Committee Report
(vi) February 4, 2009 Staff Report - REVISED
(vii) Proposed Downtown Halifax Secondary Municipal Planning Strategy - REVISED
(viii) Proposed Downtown Halifax Land Use By-Law - REVISED
(ix) Proposed Barrington Street Heritage Conservation District Revitalization Plan and By-Law - REVISED
(x) District 12 Planning Advisory Committee Report
9. PUBLIC HEARINGS
Case 01224 (http://www.halifax.ca/council/agendasc/documents/090113ca1112.pdf) - Amendments to Eastern Passage/Cow Bay Municipal Planning Strategy and Land Use By-Law to allow for the planned expansion of the Eastern Passage Wastewater Treatment Plant on lands in Eastern Passage.
Case 01148 (http://www.halifax.ca/Council/agendasc/documents/080513ca11114.pdf) - Amendments to the Regional Subdivision By-law and the Municipal Planning Strategies for Bedford; Halifax; and Beaver Bank, Hammonds Plains and Upper Sackville. The proposed amendments would revise wastewater servicing policies previously approved for the Bedford West area and would allow for development on central sewer and water services, and introduce an infrastructure charge to pay for transportation improvements needed to service development of these lands.
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.1 Correspondence
10.2 Petitions
11. REPORTS
11.1 CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
11.2 HARBOUR EAST COMMUNITY COUNCIL
11.3 NORTH WEST COMMUNITY COUNCIL
11. 4 MEMBERS OF COUNCIL
12. MOTIONS
13. ADDED ITEMS
14. NOTICES OF MOTION
15. ADJOURNMENT
IN CAMERA SESSION - 4:00 P.M.
INFORMATION ITEMS

Wednesday June 3, 2009

Thursday June 4, 2009
Public Meetings
Case 01003 (http://www.halifax.ca/planning/documents/Case01003FactSheetPIM.pdf) - Application by Paul Skerry Associates Limited, on behalf of Almond Properties Limited, to amend the Halifax Municipal Planning Strategy and the Halifax Land Use By-Law, for the area known as Regatta Point in Halifax, to allow for a seven storey multiple unit development on Lot PR-1 (Purcells Cove Road/Anchor Drive; PID #40396699) and a additional eight dwelling units on Lot PR-2 (16 Anchor Drive; PID # 40396681),both by development agreement, in Halifax.
St. John the Baptist Church, 24 Purcells Cove Road, Halifax - 7:00 p.m.

Monday June 8, 2009

Tuesday June 9, 2009

No Council Meeting - FCM Whistler

Wednesday June 10, 2009

Thursday June 11, 2009

Harbour East Community Council - 6:00 p.m:
Public Hearings:
None

Public Meetings:
Case 01248 - Application by M & Buddy Company Limited to amend the Halifax Municipal Planning Strategy and Halifax Peninsula Land Use By-law to allow the development of four townhouses at PID 00137273, a vacant lot within the block bounded by Cedar, Henry, Jubilee, and Robie Sreets, Halifax, by development agreement.
Halifax Hall - 7:00 p.m.

Monday June 15, 2009
Peninsula Community Council - 7:00 p.m:
Public hearings:
Case 01228 (http://www.halifax.ca/planning/Case01228Details.html) - Development Agreement, 6955 Bayers Road, Halifax.
Public Information Meetings:
Case 01273 - Application by Douglas Choo to rezone 4 Tremont Drive, Halifax, from R-1 (Single Family Dwelling) to R-2 (Two-Family Dwelling).
Keshen Goodman Library, 330 Lacewood Drive, Halifax - 7:00 p.m.
Case 01275 - Application by W. M. Fares Group, on behalf of Castle Hill Capital Inc., to amend the existing development agreement for Crossfield Subdivision to permit an increase in the number of proposed dwellings from 44 to 73 and alter the architectural design for the development.
Sackville Heights Community Centre (gymnasium), 45 Connolly Road, Sackville - 7:00 p.m.

Tuesday June 16, 2009
1. INVOCATION
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES - March 24, 2009
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS - NONE
9. PUBLIC HEARINGS
None
10.1 Correspondence
10.2 Petitions
11. REPORTS
11. 4 MEMBERS OF COUNCIL
12. MOTIONS
13. ADDED ITEMS
14. NOTICES OF MOTION
15. ADJOURNMENT
INFORMATION ITEMS

Wednesday June 17, 2009

Thursday June 18, 2009
Public Meetings:
Birch Cove Design Study (Project 01150) (http://halifax.ca/regionalplanning/WesternShoreBedfordBasin.html) - Public Presentation of Alternative Design Proposals
St. Peter’s Anglican Church Meeting Hall, 3 Dakin Drive, Halifax - 7:00 p.m.

Monday June 22, 2009
Western Region Community Council - 7:00 p.m:
Public Hearings:
Case 01178 (http://halifax.ca/commcoun/wrcc/documents/Case01178Item12.2.pdf) - Development Agreement, Glen Baker Drive, Herring Cove.

Tuesday June 23, 2009
1. INVOCATION
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES - March 24, 2009
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS - NONE
9. PUBLIC HEARINGS
Case H00226 (http://www.halifax.ca/council/agendasc/documents/090512ca1121.pdf) - Application to consider 7910 Highway #7, Musquodoboit Harbour, as a Municipally Registered Heritage Property.
10.1 Correspondence
10.2 Petitions
11. REPORTS
11. 4 MEMBERS OF COUNCIL
12. MOTIONS
13. ADDED ITEMS
14. NOTICES OF MOTION
15. ADJOURNMENT
INFORMATION ITEMS

Wednesday June 24, 2009

Thursday June 25, 2009

Dmajackson
Apr 13, 2009, 2:38 AM
Just some notes for trying to read the list above;

Red = Public Hearing
Green = Public Meeting

- The list will be for the next month from the current date (ie April 13 - May 13),
- All links are underlined and occur where the case number or subject title is,
- Currently I have erased Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays to save space. If any events happen on one of these days I will add that one date in,
- Halifax Regional Council meetings information is available on the Friday before the meeting and the links are available on the Monday,

and please note the first post will get very long at times seeing how one month can be up to 19 business days (excluding Fridays), with the possibilty of more if events happen from Friday - Sunday.

I'm open to suggestions on what to add/remove from the list. And if any errors are noticed please tell me. It's hard to spot all of the errors. There will be some from time to time.

:)

Dmajackson
Apr 20, 2009, 8:57 PM
I've added in a couple more days. :)

Can I request that this thread become a "sticky" in the General thread, please and thank-you?

P.S. I've added in the Bluenose Marathon since it is a major event for HRM.

Dmajackson
May 1, 2009, 10:31 PM
Updated once again.

This is the thread that is now in effect from now on.

Dmajackson
May 4, 2009, 9:54 PM
I've added in the links for tomorrow night.

OF INTEREST:

- HRM By Design Public Hearing Commences

- 11.1.11 Windmill Road. Includes widening of Windmill Road to seven lanes, an additional bus queue jump lane, and a new median to replace double left-turn lanes.

- 11.3.1 An ammedment to the Trillium Development Agreement to increase unit number from 80 to 85 via splitting existing units to meet demand for smaller units.

sdm
May 5, 2009, 12:33 AM
I've added in the links for tomorrow night.

OF INTEREST:

- HRM By Design Public Hearing Commences

- 11.1.11 Windmill Road. Includes widening of Windmill Road to seven lanes, an additional bus queue jump lane, and a new median to replace double left-turn lanes.

- 11.3.1 An ammedment to the Trillium Development Agreement to increase unit number from 80 to 85 via splitting existing units to meet demand for smaller units.

Widening windmill? With burnside extension coming?

Dmajackson
May 5, 2009, 1:14 AM
Widening windmill? With burnside extension coming?

Well the Expressway won't be open until at least 2012.

This widening is just mainly for buses. All it will do is make a right turn lane inbound which the buses can use to avoid the congestion the through lanes via the bus signals at the intersections.

I think even with the expressway the sackville buses will still use the route and the bedford traffic will still be on the road so the lanes will still be in use.

This will also come in handy when the new stoplights are installed for the Harbour Isle development.

I think this only extends from Akerley - Wright so the next phase will be from Wright - Windmill/Victoria where they'll probably install another bus signal lights.

Dmajackson
May 8, 2009, 10:39 PM
I think everything has been updated again but the list is getting very so long so I might of missed something. :)

Dmajackson
May 15, 2009, 7:29 PM
Updated. :)

Take note, on June 15, 6955 Bayers is going before the PCC for approval.