PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Flames Memorobilia

Distill3d
Mar 10, 2009, 5:28 AM
I posted this on Craigslist earlier tonight. maybe someone here can help out too...

I am looking for a gift for the quintessential Calgary Flames fan. trust me, when I say he has anything/everything to do with the team, I am NOT joking. However, his collection is missing two very important items before it would be considered completed. Since his 65th birthday is coming up, I'm putting a call out to see if anyone can help out here.

According to legend, during the Flames first game in Calgary, everyone in the audience was given a certificate stating that they were attending the very first Calgary Flames game. the person i'm looking for this gift for did have one of these certificates, but due to some misfortune, he had lost it over the years. I'm wondering if ANYONE has one of these certificates that they would be willing to either part ways with or allow me to make a facsimile of. seeing as how the Corral held 7000, i know that there are a limited number of these certificates available.

Please, if anyone can help out with this, it would be awesome!!

freeweed
Mar 10, 2009, 5:59 AM
I have one of those for the very first Manitoba Moose game.. something tells me in 20 years no one will be looking for one online though. :haha:

Distill3d
Mar 10, 2009, 10:06 PM
^ LOL yeah i doubt that.

Though, i managed to send an email to the Calgary Flames customer service, and they were able to located one of the certificates.

Hardhatdan
Mar 10, 2009, 10:32 PM
I have one on a roll that hangs next to my toilet if you are interested.

Spring2008
Mar 11, 2009, 12:30 AM
I have one on a roll that hangs next to my toilet if you are interested.

Both this comment and Distill3d's picture are freakn hillarious

well done, well done.:yes:

Calalb
Mar 11, 2009, 7:46 AM
I posted this on Craigslist earlier tonight. maybe someone here can help out too...

However, his collection is missing two very important items before it would be considered completed...

Just curious. What is the other very important missing item?

Distill3d
Mar 11, 2009, 8:04 AM
^signed Lanny McDonald jersey.

Tobyoby
Mar 11, 2009, 6:10 PM
I used to have a 'Steve Smith for Mayor' bumper sticker :)

freeweed
Mar 11, 2009, 6:52 PM

Seriously?? I'd actually pay good money for that. That's one Alberta hockey piece I've never even heard of.

jeffwhit
Mar 11, 2009, 8:54 PM
Not entirely related, but Sportsmart in TD Square is selling red CCM jersey's for just 40 bucks.

freeweed
Mar 11, 2009, 9:41 PM
Not entirely related, but Sportsmart in TD Square is selling red CCM jersey's for just 40 bucks.

Yeah, just about everywhere is (or will be soon). Demand for the CCMs died this year.

Similarly, you can often get cheap lettered jerseys (half price ish) during Stampede, as they sell of all the players who were traded at the draft or went away on free agent day.

MrOilers
Mar 12, 2009, 4:17 PM

I still can't decide if that goal was Steve Smith's fault... or Grant Fuhr's...

At any rate, both those players finished their careers in Calgary, which is enough evidence for me that it was an inside job all along.