PDA

View Full Version : Your Wishlist for 2009

Dmajackson
Jan 20, 2009, 10:49 PM
Since it is still January seeing all the different opinions on basically everything in this forum has made me curious to know what projects would you really like to see happen this year. It can be anything that could theoretically commence construction this year. So please no Cogswell Interchange or Third Bridge Ideas. And out of curtiosity please keep them to a reasonable length. Heres my list;

- I'd love to see the Trillium, Salter Street, Dockside, and the Alexander all get under construciton this year,

- I'd love to see major spending on the transit system with new MetroExpress routes, and more frequent Bedford-Sackville run times.

- I'd love to see the Quinpool Road and SGR upgrades be completed,

- And most of all I'd love to see a major increase in active transportation. In particular more bicycle lanes on the peninsula and in Bedford (there are none at the moment really), and the construction of the Greenway.

worldlyhaligonian
Jan 20, 2009, 10:55 PM
International Place starting is my biggest hope, it will change that whole area of downtown.

Another would be 6955 Bayers Rd. Also, some nice new towers out in the Micmac area would be great.

My other wish is that alot of these small infill projects are able to finish ASAP... I'm talking Armoury Villa, Garden Stone, Falkland, etc.

I think half of the reason we aren't seeing a big development is all of these little projects are using a significant amount of the construction labour force available in Halifax.

pnightingale
Jan 20, 2009, 11:16 PM
I'd have to say my biggest wish is for some good projects in the downtown to get started/finished.

The building on the corner of Hollis and Morris I think is a good start for that end of town, hopefully we will get more projects in that area. The United Gulf Towers is another project that I would love to see started this year. And of course I'd love to see all of the parking lots on the waterfront gone.

I'd love to see International Place started, but I fear that they will wait for the Interchange to come down. That could really screw up how that side of the building looks and functions if they change the height of street level, or remove the street there altogether.

Gottingen St is finally getting some good projects, but I'd like to see a lot more in that area. The buildings that are going up I think will be pretty nice, and I hope that they are able to stay that way. I'd like to see a lot of buildings on Gottingen torn down, and hopefully once the Cogswell Interchange does finally come down (not holding my breath for that one) we will see a revitalization of Gottingen. I think the city needs to pay more attention to keeping Gottingen Street clean. For all their talk about their graffiti policies a few years ago, it doesn't seem to get cleaned up very quickly.

hfx_chris
Jan 20, 2009, 11:40 PM
International Place and Kings Wharf. If those two get underway, I would be.. well, aside from being shocked, I would also feel much better about this city.

reddog794
Jan 24, 2009, 12:55 AM
International Place, Kings Wharf, and Queens Landing