PDA

View Full Version : Survey from Tony Battaglia on Downtown Hamilton

LikeHamilton
Nov 18, 2008, 6:54 PM
Here is a survey I just received from Tony Battaglia of Westpark Developments.

I am writing to ask for a few moments of your time to help with the potential development of an exciting new project in Downtown Hamilton.
I would like you to go to the link below and fill out the survey. It is very short and is completely anonymous.

Even more importantly, I would like to ask you to send this to as many contacts as you like. They should live in the Hamilton/Toronto area and be over 21. If they also send it to some of their contacts we should get a great response.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Here is the link.
http://www.esurveyspro.com/Survey.aspx?id=61677963-be1a-4558-b332-eab476aae7f8

Regards,

Tony F. Battaglia
Westpark Developments Inc.
25 Main St. West, Suite 925
Hamilton, ON
L8P 1H1

SteelTown
Nov 18, 2008, 7:03 PM
All done

block43
Nov 18, 2008, 7:08 PM
C'est fini.

Jon Dalton
Nov 18, 2008, 7:09 PM
I hope this is about the Connaught building.

SteelTown
Nov 18, 2008, 7:15 PM
^ Obviously

ryan_mcgreal
Nov 18, 2008, 7:34 PM
Done, but that form isn't very user-friendly.

#1 and #8 should use radio buttons, not check boxes.

#6 should be enabled or disabled based on answer to #4.

#12 and #13 should have be check boxes (multiple choice), not radio buttons.

#12 and #13 should be enabled or disabled based on answer to #11.

FairHamilton
Nov 18, 2008, 7:37 PM
Done. But, if you own a home then only the first 5 questions apply.

raisethehammer
Nov 18, 2008, 9:06 PM
maybe it's another beautiful parkette. haha

raisethehammer
Nov 18, 2008, 9:09 PM
done.
let's hope they don't build a pile of crap.

adam
Nov 18, 2008, 9:37 PM
Done, but that form isn't very user-friendly.

#1 and #8 should use radio buttons, not check boxes.

#6 should be enabled or disabled based on answer to #4.

#12 and #13 should have be check boxes (multiple choice), not radio buttons.

#12 and #13 should be enabled or disabled based on answer to #11.

Unfortunately I find most people over the age of 40 have no idea how to design things for the web. They think we are friggin' geniuses..

MsMe
Nov 18, 2008, 9:46 PM
:hmmm: Wondering if this is the same Tony Battaglia I went to school with many moons ago.

markk
Nov 18, 2008, 10:11 PM
survey complete ... agreed that this could have been designed much better. Nonetheless, I wonder what is driving this???

SteelTown
Nov 18, 2008, 10:23 PM
^ probably testing out the market.

raisethehammer
Nov 18, 2008, 11:04 PM
how did they determine who to send it to?

ryan_mcgreal
Nov 19, 2008, 1:31 AM
Unfortunately I find most people over the age of 40 have no idea how to design things for the web.

Javascript is hard. Let's go shopping!

markbarbera
Nov 19, 2008, 1:37 AM
survey complete ... agreed that this could have been designed much better. Nonetheless, I wonder what is driving this???

Probably trying to demonstrate a market for a condominium development so to secure a loan. An online survey passed on by word of mouth is not going to do much to convince any financier, I'm afraid.

crhayes
Nov 19, 2008, 6:16 AM
Probably trying to demonstrate a market for a condominium development so to secure a loan. An online survey passed on by word of mouth is not going to do much to convince any financier, I'm afraid.

Maybe they are just doing it for themselves to see whether it would be feasible or not.

realcity
Nov 19, 2008, 1:35 PM
interesting........ i put i'd prefer a live/work space and in a supertall, important, landmark building.

I'd like to see Toronto from my bedroom and Buffalo from my den.

raisethehammer
Nov 19, 2008, 1:49 PM
be happy if they build something that's 4 stories of stucco with tiny windows overlooking parking lots from your bedroom and parking lots from your den.

realcity
Nov 19, 2008, 2:10 PM
that's the problem with our developers> I don't particularly have anything against local developers or development except that they build the most horrible, undesigned, shlock that usually pales in comparison to what was there before.

I'd have a lot more respect if they built something that wow'd me. Is it too much to ask that Hamilton have decent architecture built this century?

raisethehammer
Nov 19, 2008, 2:45 PM
that's the problem with our developers> I don't particularly have anything against local developers or development except that they build the most horrible, undesigned, shlock that usually pales in comparison to what was there before.

I'd have a lot more respect if they built something that wow'd me. Is it too much to ask that Hamilton have decent architecture built this century?

what are you talking about?? The new Centre Mall is beautiful.