PDA

View Full Version : HI (Hamilton International)

bornagainbiking
Oct 25, 2008, 2:42 PM
Just got back from dropping someone off for an early Sat morn flight (Air Canada new terminal) to Montreal, and as far as I'm concerned you can stick PIA..... It sucks. Big time.
At 7 in the morning it was bedlam at the drop off, I was cut off, people stopped in the driving lane(s) and just generally cutting over two lanes to stop at a 45 deg angle and block two lanes.
I go to the short term parking and it is like $12 bucks to park for less than 2 hours.
I don't see how or why anyone would willingly subject themselves to that chaos. I can just imagine a week-day. No thanks. I wll pay the xtra to fly out of Hamilton anyday. What's a 15-20 min drive to a hour with minimal traffic.
WestJet you have to return to Hamilton. Soon
I think that anyone who gives Hamilton a try after a PIA experience will be convinced.
I guess I was spoiled a few yrs ago it was Hamilton to Winnipeg o a regular basis, two excellent oganized airports and Winnipeg has a city bus stop on a regular route at the far end of the arrival area, so real ease in getting downtown and every 20 mins.
If you have any say in booking your employees on a flight think of them and go HI.
A spin off of WESTJET or some of their x-emplyees are starting a communter run for workers who live in the east and work in Northern Alberta. Saw a few of those guys at PIA, quite the market.