DC83
Sep 4, 2008, 12:28 PM
^^ I heard that commercial the other day! haha
"All the way from Toronto to HAMILTON? Wow!"

hahaha

it's unfortunate the trip here is to see Hedley :s

SteelTown
Sep 4, 2008, 12:56 PM
I was gonna post about this haha. Did you see the sign that they used? "East Hamilton"

raisethehammer
Sep 4, 2008, 1:49 PM
Lol...that's pretty funny.

Millstone
Sep 4, 2008, 2:13 PM
I was gonna post about this haha. Did you see the sign that they used? "East Hamilton"

It means they took the picture on an exit for }403{ eastbound to Hamilton, not what you think, although it would be great if they were putting the winner up in a room on Barton somewhere.

astroblaster
Sep 4, 2008, 4:55 PM
they should put the winners up at the city motor inn

mishap
Sep 4, 2008, 7:32 PM
It means they took the picture on an exit for }403{ eastbound to Hamilton, not what you think, although it would be great if they were putting the winner up in a room on Barton somewhere.
I think Steeltown gets it. I bet he's laughing because Hamilton is WEST of Toronto, not EAST. Obviously, the pic wasn't taken in the GTA, but somewhere beyond downtown Hamilton. Bad travel agent, indeed.

So where was this taken? I'm guessing it was Fiddler's Green Rd. It's the only spot I can think of (east of Brantford) where that combination of signs would be accurate. Anyone know for sure?

matt602
Sep 4, 2008, 7:39 PM
I was gonna say London or something but I just remembered those signs would have said "East Toronto".

Also in for the idea of City Motor.

adam
Sep 4, 2008, 9:45 PM
Maybe they could stay at the Connaught sales office? :hyper:

Millstone
Sep 4, 2008, 10:04 PM
I think Steeltown gets it. I bet he's laughing because Hamilton is WEST of Toronto, not EAST. Obviously, the pic wasn't taken in the GTA, but somewhere beyond downtown Hamilton. Bad travel agent, indeed.

So where was this taken? I'm guessing it was Fiddler's Green Rd. It's the only spot I can think of (east of Brantford) where that combination of signs would be accurate. Anyone know for sure?

Actually I think he pointed it out because East Hamilton is such a glorious place to visit.

raisethehammer
Sep 4, 2008, 10:08 PM
that sign is on the QEW coming into Hamilton from TO.
Before you meet the 403 you have two options-
"Downtown Hamilton" via 403 or
"East Hamilton" via QEW.

matt602
Sep 5, 2008, 3:39 AM
Nope. That sign wouldn't have an airport sign over it. It has to be from West of Hamilton, on the way from Brantford.

Millstone
Sep 5, 2008, 3:53 AM
that sign is on the QEW coming into Hamilton from TO.
Before you meet the 403 you have two options-
"Downtown Hamilton" via 403 or
"East Hamilton" via QEW.

Not quite...
http://onthighways.com/QEW_images/QEW_dv_100_FEB.jpg
(image © Scott Steeves)

The pic in question would be anywhere between Woodstock and Hwy 6-new, but probably in Brantford or close to it.

raisethehammer
Sep 5, 2008, 3:57 AM
ahh, I see. it actually says "403 East", "Hamilton".
Yea, must be Brantford way based on the airport sign.

LikeHamilton
Sep 5, 2008, 6:29 AM
GRAND PRIZE: There will be three grand prizes available to be won. Grand Prizes consists of the following:

Economy Airfare for 2, Toronto - New York City departing Toronto on October 7th, 2008.
2 Nights hotel accommodations (double occupancy) and 2 tickets to see Madonna at Madison Square Garden on October 7th, 2008.
Economy Airfare for 2, New York - San Francisco departing New York on October 9th.
2 Nights hotel accommodations in San Jose and 2 tickets to see New Kids on The Block at the HP Pavilion on October 10th.
Economy Airfare for 2, San Francisco - Paris departing San Francisco on October 11th, 2008.
4 nights hotel accommodations in Paris (double occupancy) and 2 tickets to see Fall Out Boy at La Cigale on October 13th
Economy Airfare for 2, Paris to Toronto (with connection in New York), departing Paris on October 15th, 2008.
2 Tickets to see Hedley at Hamilton Place and 2 backstage Meet & Greet Passes.
$2,000 CDN Spending Money.

mishap
Sep 5, 2008, 6:49 AM
ahh, I see. it actually says "403 East", "Hamilton".
Yea, must be Brantford way based on the airport sign.
Fiddler's would work as well. The locals would not want airport traffic running down Fiddler's once Highway 6 opened up.
The only other one I can think of is King George Rd. Hmmm, Google Earth shows that Oak Park is also a candidate. But do highway signs in Brantford even point to Hamilton Airport?

flar
Sep 5, 2008, 12:40 PM
^^In Brantford, I don't know, but there are airport signs between Brantford and Hamilton.

mishap
Sep 5, 2008, 7:38 PM
^^In Brantford, I don't know, but there are airport signs between Brantford and Hamilton.
But the entrance has to be a hard-right, according to the signs, not an angled or arcing entrance. That really limits the number of possibilities. Or, the sign is just plain wrong.

go_leafs_go02
Sep 5, 2008, 8:21 PM
Pretty sure the sign is at Fiddlers Green facing southbound. Really the only spot that sign would work. And it makes sense, since you can't access Highway 6 southbound from Rymal/Garner.

matt602
Sep 5, 2008, 9:16 PM
It would be really funny if they photoshopped the sign :)

go_leafs_go02
Sep 5, 2008, 10:36 PM
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=43.204411,-79.983473&spn=0.000985,0.003433&t=h&z=19

this is where i am sure the sign is.

and going to the east of hamilton...there are no hard right turns onto the 403 East anywhere.. They're all looped ramps that simply merge away from the road.

And it has to be techincally east of Highway 6 (south) as well. Wilson Ave is a parclo, Highway 52 is a parclo. Garden Ave (Brantford) is a parclo. Wayne Gretzky Parkway is a parclo. King George Ave (Highway 24 NORTH -- in Brantford) could be it, but I doubt Hamilton airport is signed anywhere outside of the city limits, which on the 403 is about 2 km west of Highway 52.

vid
Sep 6, 2008, 2:44 AM
Fallout Boy and Hedley, huh? Great contest. :rolleyes:

Millstone
Sep 6, 2008, 4:02 AM
Guys, who really cares about the sign. I'm a roadgeeky to the max, but seriously this is neurotic.

DC83
Sep 6, 2008, 4:07 PM
Fallout Boy and Hedley, huh? Great contest. :rolleyes:

F fallout boy & hedley!
Gimme Madonna in NYC!!

But you actually have to listen to the station to win, eh? :(

SteelTown
Sep 6, 2008, 4:12 PM
Gimme Madonna in NYC!!

Indeed! lol. Tired of watching youtube clips of the tour. Pretty please Live Nation! Copps! Copps! Copps!

Imagine this at Copps....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSKEnu0HA_0&feature=related

vid
Sep 6, 2008, 4:23 PM
I'm not particularly fond of Madonna either, but unlike the other two, she got famous with a talent, not because a record company engineered her to appeal to "depressed" teenagers.