PDA

View Full Version : GO Lakeshore Fall 2008 Schedule

JoeyColeman
Aug 19, 2008, 6:30 PM
Schedule is up: http://www.gotransit.com/publicroot/en/schedule/pubsched.aspx?table=01&direction=0&day=1&page=1&New=Y&station=

No major changes, and no fourth train in the morning yet.

coalminecanary
Aug 19, 2008, 6:57 PM
the rails are still under construction at ferguson. I imagine they wouldn't change the schedule til that is completely done. can't wait though!

Jon Dalton
Aug 19, 2008, 7:11 PM
That 7:30 train, if it materializes, will be a lifesaver. I expect them to move quickly on it once the platform is finished.

markbarbera
Aug 19, 2008, 9:23 PM
I suspect the fourth train may well be scheduled between the current 6:34 and 7:04. They may work back the 7:15 from Burlington to Union so it starts out from Hamilton at 6:54. I could also see the current 7:04 rescheduled to7:14 (switching slots with the current 7:58 Oakville-Union express). That would make four morning trains departing at twenty minute intervals.

JoeyColeman
Aug 19, 2008, 9:38 PM
It could also be a shortage of trainsets. A couple times in the last month, I've been on trains which have broken down on the Lakeshore during off-peak service.

I've noted that a few of the weekend trains now operate with two of the older engines.

I've never looked, is Hamilton GO extended for 12 cars?

Even ten minutes more time in the morning be nice before last train. It be much better if it were 7:30 for me, but I can live with anything - just as long as they add service to deal with overcrowding. It'll be interesting to see if they add the fourth in the Winter and how long it takes for the platform on the CN line in North Hamilton to be built and serviced.

markbarbera
Aug 19, 2008, 10:43 PM
I agree, there is probably no additional rolling stock available, which is why I expect the additional train will actually be a repositioned existing lakeshore west train adjusted to start in Hamilton.

Platform extention to allow 12 carriage trains is part of the layover track construction. You can see fresh concrete at the easternmost end of the platform.

If you'll indulge the slight tangent, I was reflecting on the Premier's desire to move forward on high-speed rail for Ontario, mainly reviving the idea of a high-speed Montreal-Windsor corridor. I was thinking how beneficial it would be to reintroduce a Buffalo-Toronto corridor. Anyone else hope to see the TH&B resurrected, this time as a high-speed corridor?

Berklon
Aug 20, 2008, 12:58 AM
I think a 7:30 train would be the best addition as it'll arrive at Union at around 8:35. This is a good arrival time for people who start work at 9:00 and work within 15-20 minutes from Union. No need to wake-up and arrive 30 minutes early just because there aren't any later trains.

adam
Aug 20, 2008, 12:59 AM
About the Buffalo line... Its a shame it ever went away. Once some downtown projects that are in the works are actually completed, the Buffalo line might draw a significant number of American tourists.