PDA

View Full Version : Any 24 Hour Starbucks in Vancouver??

hollywoodnorth
Jul 31, 2008, 6:49 AM
Is it just me of are there NO 24 Hour Starbucks in Vancouver Proper...?

Are there any in the Burbs?

This site http://www.starbuckseverywhere.net/Vancouver.htm

Says there are 2 in the Burbs...its a bit outdated so I`m still wondering??

I find it really ODD there is no Downtown 24 hour Starbucks.......they just seem to let Blenz have the late night market.

Any comments?

AlexYVR
Jul 31, 2008, 7:00 AM
To my (Seattle) knowledge, there are no 24-hr Starbucks even in el glorious Estados Unidos. . .it's just not done. If you want 24 in Vancouver, Waves is probably the place to go - Vancouver company with free wireless.

SpongeG
Jul 31, 2008, 7:04 AM
the starbucks on Davie is 24 hours on weekends only

its open pretty late though i think 1 or 2 am the other nights

waves was pretty smart making itself 24 hours

worldwide
Jul 31, 2008, 8:37 AM

i agree.. especially cause nothing else is 24 hours in vancouver. ok so we have calhouns and the naam but there arent even really any 24 hour grocery stores or anything. the only one i can think of is valu mart on commercial.

in most other places its the norm to have 24 hour grocery stores. in london ontario they have many 24 hour A&P's. one of them is in a retirement complex

hollywoodnorth
Jul 31, 2008, 8:38 AM
To my (Seattle) knowledge, there are no 24-hr Starbucks even in el glorious Estados Unidos. . .it's just not done. If you want 24 in Vancouver, Waves is probably the place to go - Vancouver company with free wireless.

noooooooooooo way dude.

Even in Denver they have one http://www.fundenver.com/wiki/24-Hour_Starbucks

And in Manhatten there are Half a Dozen that are 24/7 same in Metro LA.

Vegas has one that I know of also.....same with SF.....even BEAVERTON OREGON HAS ONE.........!!! LOL!

But ya Waves and Blenz are great don`t get me wrong I just find it a BIT odd that in Starbucks Central AKA Vancouver we dont have one.

Yume-sama
Jul 31, 2008, 9:39 AM
Hmm, I've not actually heard of a 24 hour Starbucks. Do you really need one that badly at any time of the day? :P

Even the busiest Starbucks in the World, the Shibuya Starbucks in Tokyo is not open a full 24 hours... well, from 7AM - 4AM everyday.

sacrifice333
Jul 31, 2008, 1:48 PM
I don't know of any Vancouver ones... a friend lives in Abbotsford and the SBUX on Sumas Way near HWY 1 is 24hrs.

Denscity
Jul 31, 2008, 4:07 PM
I always thought that was stupid as well. Abbotsford yes but downtown Vancouver no? I much prefer the quality and the localness of Blenz anyways.

milescr
Jul 31, 2008, 5:47 PM
The Grind on Main near King Edward is open 24 hours a day

sacrifice333
Jul 31, 2008, 5:58 PM
The Grind on Main near King Edward is open 24 hours a day

Calhoun's on 4th is also 24hrs...

What about Timmies... any of the Vancouver Timmies 24hrs?!

jlousa
Jul 31, 2008, 6:04 PM
There's quite a few 24hr Timmies, as well as Shoppers, not sure if any of the bread gardens are still 24hr but there were a few. There's also a few restaurants around town that are 24hrs.

osirisboy
Jul 31, 2008, 6:11 PM
the starbucks on Davie is 24 hours on weekends only

its open pretty late though i think 1 or 2 am the other nights

since theres like a dozen on davie, which one are you talking about? i know the two in yaletown on davie are ridiculous they close at like 8pm i think during the week.

what really drives me crazy is how the suburbs seem to have more 24 hour things than downtown vancouver

jlousa
Jul 31, 2008, 6:26 PM
There's alot of places d/t that are 24hrs that don't legally exist. ;)
Also if you're ever in a 24hr restaurant don't forget to ask for the special tea.

dreambrother808
Aug 1, 2008, 12:07 AM
in most other places its the norm to have 24 hour grocery stores. in london ontario they have many 24 hour A&P's. one of them is in a retirement complex

even in thunder bay the A&P is 24 hour. at night most of the staff is just there cleaning up and stocking shelves. if a customer happens to come along they just take a break from that and help you. it makes sense to add some potential profit to this already staffed time period.

it's like how late night or 24 hour mcdonald's function.

worldwide
Aug 1, 2008, 12:47 AM
macdoes isnt really 24 hours though. they wont serve you unless youre in a car. i think its BS because the only people in their right mind who would eat there are drunk people at ~2am... and now they also need a car to do it

SpongeG
Aug 1, 2008, 1:23 AM
since theres like a dozen on davie, which one are you talking about? i know the two in yaletown on davie are ridiculous they close at like 8pm i think during the week.

what really drives me crazy is how the suburbs seem to have more 24 hour things than downtown vancouver

the one by the hospital - across from dennys just down from shoppers drug mart...

the one on the seawall in the hotel closes at 6 pm!

SpongeG
Aug 1, 2008, 1:25 AM
macdoes isnt really 24 hours though. they wont serve you unless youre in a car. i think its BS because the only people in their right mind who would eat there are drunk people at ~2am... and now they also need a car to do it

the one on marine drive is 24 hors lobby and drive thru

the one on main street used to have a 24 hour walk up window in addition to the drive thru - there was a crowd out front when coming home from the clubs

not sure if its still there

it is quite ridiculous - you can go to bellingham and find almost every grocery store open 24 hours

entheosfog
Aug 1, 2008, 4:46 AM
i agree.. especially cause nothing else is 24 hours in vancouver. ok so we have calhouns and the naam but there arent even really any 24 hour grocery stores or anything. the only one i can think of is valu mart on commercial.

I loooooove having that 24-hour Super Valu so close to where I live. It's so handy I couldn't imagine not having it. In my previous home (Calgary) only Safeway came close and they closed at 11pm. Otherwise there's always Shoppers I guess....Isn't the Super Valu on Davie 24 hrs, too??

I think Waves is pretty smart not only being one of the few 24-hour coffee shops, but also having free wireless. And I like their coffee better than Blenz.

David
Aug 4, 2008, 5:58 AM
The starbucks in abbotsford was a 24 hour location for the longest time, but not anymore.