PDA

View Full Version : SVP Sports looking at Hamilton

Da Warrior
May 15, 2008, 2:47 AM
Hey everyone

Just thought I would past on some possible great news for this city.

I don't know if some of you know of the SVP (Si Vous Play) Sports Company, but they are a HUGE shoe, sports, and clothing retailer. Here's their website to look up on them some more http://www.svpsports.ca/.

Well this past weekend I went by their store, which I do often. Well I was talking to someone of their management and got on the topic of Hamilton. To my surprise they told me that they have been looking at this city for the past 3 years or so, Jackson Square being one location, and even most recently as the new power center in Up.Stoney Creek. They wouldn’t get into detail about what happened to the Jackson Square location, but said that they were very interested in locating there.

For Hamilton to acquire a store like this would be great for the city. They carry a large range shoes, soccer merchandise and urban clothing. It would thrive here with Hamilton’s large soccer following. Yes I know some people are still concerned that, other sports besides Hockey can survive here. Even though this city continually put out some of the best amateur/High school/rep, soccer, basketball and football teams in the province and even the country. But yet lack the stores and facilities compared to Hockey, but that’s a different argument.

What I am trying to get at is that this is a store that can do very good for the city, especially for our downtown. Just a little insight of the how popular they are, on summer and holiday weekends you sometimes may have to wait outside for up to 10mins to get into their Steeles Outlet location.

So in conclusion, I ask for you guys and girls help by e-mailing them and letting them know why Hamilton is a great city for them to open up shop in.

I posted this in both the Suburbs and Downtown section as they have looked at multiple locations.

I will try to get on my detective skills and see what other information I can get from them, and keep everyone posted.

raisethehammer
May 15, 2008, 2:52 AM
awesome! great work. thanks for the tip.

DC83
May 15, 2008, 2:12 PM
Thanks for the info, I've never actually heard of this place b4, but looking at their website I'm pretty confident I would shop there. I think the Old Fed Bldg @ Main/Caroline would (still) be perfect!

Contact Page: http://www.svpsports.ca/contact.html

I'll be emailing w/ my suggestions for sure... and I can guarantee I will not choose Upper Stoney Creek haha (there's already that sports store opening there anyway, I 4get it's name).

Goldfinger
May 15, 2008, 2:22 PM
Hey everyone

Just thought I would past on some possible great news for this city.

I don't know if some of you know of the SVP (Si Vous Play) Sports Company, but they are a HUGE shoe, sports, and clothing retailer. Here's their website to look up on them some more http://www.svpsports.ca/.

Well this past weekend I went by their store, which I do often. Well I was talking to someone of their management and got on the topic of Hamilton. To my surprise they told me that they have been looking at this city for the past 3 years or so, Jackson Square being one location, and even most recently as the new power center in Up.Stoney Creek. They wouldn’t get into detail about what happened to the Jackson Square location, but said that they were very interested in locating there.

For Hamilton to acquire a store like this would be great for the city. They carry a large range shoes, soccer merchandise and urban clothing. It would thrive here with Hamilton’s large soccer following. Yes I know some people are still concerned that, other sports besides Hockey can survive here. Even though this city continually put out some of the best amateur/High school/rep, soccer, basketball and football teams in the province and even the country. But yet lack the stores and facilities compared to Hockey, but that’s a different argument.

What I am trying to get at is that this is a store that can do very good for the city, especially for our downtown. Just a little insight of the how popular they are, on summer and holiday weekends you sometimes may have to wait outside for up to 10mins to get into their Steeles Outlet location.

So in conclusion, I ask for you guys and girls help by e-mailing them and letting them know why Hamilton is a great city for them to open up shop in.

I posted this in both the Suburbs and Downtown section as they have looked at multiple locations.

I will try to get on my detective skills and see what other information I can get from them, and keep everyone posted.

Soccer is the fastest growing sport in Canada, yet none of the major sport retail stores really focus on it. I think alot of the new immigrants don't care much for hockey or football and prefer soccer to both to play and watch.