PDA

View Full Version : Video of Hamilton

rousseau
May 9, 2008, 3:15 AM
You know what would be a kewl idea for a video thread? A 20-minute video beginning on the QEW westbound around Centennial and getting off onto Burlington Street so that you take in Stelco and Dofasco in all their glory. Hang a left on Wentworth and take that up to Barton, where you go right. Go down Barton and turn left onto Wellington, and take that to King. Go through Gore Park, go left on MacNab, left onto Main, and then right onto James south. Take James all the way to Inglewood Drive, turn right onto Undercliff Ave, go down the decline, and stop before turning onto Aberdeen: you are facing Red Green's palatial mansion. I sense a theme, here. From the real hard hats to the TV ones, or something.

This would be a nifty video to make. I'd do it, but I don't have a video camera, nor do I live in the Hammer anymore. You'd need music, too. Maybe selections from Teenage Head, the Forgotten Rebels and, of course, Simply Saucer. Actually, forget the rest, just Simply Saucer.

Eh?

Millstone
May 9, 2008, 3:48 AM
Protip: there is no QEW "westbound" regardless of what the Torontonians say.

rousseau
May 9, 2008, 4:19 AM
Protip: there is no QEW "westbound" regardless of what the Torontonians say.
Come again? As per my post, in which direction are you travelling when you are going from St. Catharines to Hamilton and are in the vicinity of the Centennial turn-off?

I agree that going from Toronto to Hamilton is not going "west" as Torontonians seem to believe, but this has nothing to do with my post.

coalminecanary
May 9, 2008, 12:53 PM
I think the QEW is officially designated as toronto-bound and niagara-bound not eastbound and westbound since the cardinal direction changes as you go around the route. but i think we all know what you meant :-)

Millstone
May 9, 2008, 1:08 PM
Come again? As per my post, in which direction are you travelling when you are going from St. Catharines to Hamilton and are in the vicinity of the Centennial turn-off?

west-north-west