PDA

View Full Version : Cannery Relocation after 2010

deasine
Apr 10, 2008, 6:16 AM
The Vancouver Port Authority demands that The Cannery must move after 2010, when the lease expires. The Cannery say they will move to somewhere along the water - although there is a possibility that it might not be in Vancouver.

Source: Global TV News ~ CanWest Media

jlousa
Apr 10, 2008, 5:22 PM
I'm in favour of the decision the Cannery has been a major hole in Port security. Anyone driving up to the check points can simply state they are there to eat at the Cannery and presto you get in without a Portspass.

Besides a new location will serve them well as they are kind of isolated. Would love to see them in either SEFC are maybe a nice location in New West or North Van.

SFUVancouver
Apr 11, 2008, 4:36 AM
^ The Salt Buliding in SEFC/Olympic Village would have been an amazing location. Too bad it is spoken for. Perhaps it could be incorporated into the planned hotel at the Plaza of Nations, or, hell, even the Ritz Carlton?

It is hard to say whether it will try to find another old building or, instead, purpose build a waterfront location like Lift, Cardero's, or Watermark.

deasine
Apr 11, 2008, 5:59 AM
I would think they would be doing the "watermark" method but there aren't too many more locations in vancouver. hey isn't that thing (shoot forgot what it's called) by Jericho beach going to move?

twoNeurons
Apr 11, 2008, 4:14 PM
I'm in favour of the decision the Cannery has been a major hole in Port security. Anyone driving up to the check points can simply state they are there to eat at the Cannery and presto you get in without a Portspass.

Besides a new location will serve them well as they are kind of isolated. Would love to see them in either SEFC are maybe a nice location in New West or North Van.

I like the fact that I can take a waterfront drive without a pass.

A lot of people like the isolation, as well.

mezzanine
May 7, 2008, 4:24 AM
FYI, they have a set menu this month - on sundays only, 2 courses and a dessert for $32. :tup: