PDA

View Full Version : [Dartmouth] RCMP Headquarters | ? m | 5 fl | Completed

hoser111
Apr 2, 2008, 2:11 PM
FYI - from the Burnside News (wasn't sure where to post).

• The new RCMP headquarters planned for Burnside is making baby steps toward breaking ground. The project was first announced five years ago after the federal government acquired the lot on the then “soon to be built” Wright Avenue Extension. The road was completed some time ago and, in fact, has now been extended all the way down to Highway 118 (soon to be opened to traffic), but still no RCMP headquarters. However, the RCMP recently confirmed it plans to release tenders on the project over the next few months and is only awaiting final budget approval from Ottawa before proceeding. The new building will be five storeys, occupy 16 acres of land and offer 240,000 square feet of floor space. Current civic addressing will make it 80 Garland Avenue. The building is expected to be built to LEED (Leadership in Environmental Engineering and Design) standards and could bring more than 500 new people into Burnside each day.

phrenic
Apr 3, 2008, 5:28 PM
What will happen with the existing headquarters?

Spitfire75
Apr 3, 2008, 10:51 PM
Where is the existing HQ?

hoser111
Apr 3, 2008, 11:57 PM
At the corner of Oxford and Bayers Rd.

Dmajackson
Apr 4, 2008, 1:10 AM
Curently its a five or six storey brick building at Bayers and Oxford. I was by there recently and noticed they demolished the gas station across the street, anyone know if they're building something there?

sdm
Apr 4, 2008, 1:13 AM
Curently its a five or six storey brick building at Bayers and Oxford. I was by there recently and noticed they demolished the gas station across the street, anyone know if they're building something there?

May eventually become residential.

RCMP current HQ is rumored to turn into office space once they take home in their new facility.

Dmajackson
Apr 4, 2008, 1:17 AM

RCMP current HQ is rumored to turn into office space once they take home in their new facility.

Yah i thought i would be residental. As long as its not a gas station I'm happy.

sdm
Apr 4, 2008, 10:48 AM
Yah i thought i would be residental. As long as its not a gas station I'm happy.

true, however i find a lack of stations within halifax's core. Would be nice to see a few newer stations

phrenic
Apr 4, 2008, 1:19 PM
I agree there is maybe not a need, but a use for more gas stations on the peninsula. However, I wouldn't want to see another one on that site as there is already one two blocks down the street from that corner at Bayers&Connaught and another in the other direction on Young&Robie.

spaustin
Apr 5, 2008, 5:24 AM

The old RCMP HQ, like all surplus federal property, first has to be offered to other federal departments/agencies, then to the province and then to the municipality. Only if none of the three are interested can it be sold to private interests. A building of this size, however, would have an excellent chance of going to Canada Lands to be redeveloped. In any case, this will all be a while yet since there is nothing on the ground over in Burnside and any disposal process at the old HQ would take a while to complete because of all the federal due diligence.

sdm
Apr 25, 2008, 3:46 PM
Out in todays paper is a notice to developers that an expression of interest is coming to build & manage a new facility for the RCMP at 80 Garland Ave, in the City of Lakes Business Park Dartmouth.

Project is 24,000 Gross metres, 375 parking stalls, 6.5 hectares of land.

I believe this is also a LEED project.

Dmajackson
Apr 2, 2009, 11:17 AM
Plan for new $60m RCMP headquarters stalls

By BILL POWER Business Reporter
Thu. Apr 2 - 5:49 AM
A plan to build an estimated $60-million RCMP headquarters at Burnside Park has stumbled at the starting gate.

The project manager for the federal government project said Wednesday the effort to find a developer to build, operate and maintain the planned five-storey structure through a 25-year lease-back arrangement with Ottawa has failed.

"The procurement process has concluded unsatisfactorily," said Bill Fioratos, with Public Works and Government ServicesCanada in Halifax.

He said Ottawa’s inability to find a developer who could tackle the project "within the parameters of the established budget" means a hoped-for spring 2009 construction start will be missed.

But the project manager said there is still a possibility construction will begin later this year and the anticipated occupancy date of January 2012 will be met. "As things stand now, the project and the options for moving it forward are under review."

Word of the foundering of the project spread fast among the hundreds of police and civilian staffers working at the RCMP’s H Division headquarters on Oxford Street in Halifax.

Many of the H Division staff work out at least seven other locations around the Halifax area.

"Obviously, everybody associated with the project is disappointed it will not immediately move forward," said Mr. Fioratos.

About 6.5 hectares of land for the new headquarters was cleared last summer near Burnside Park and the Dartmouth Crossing shopping area alongside Highway 118.

The new building, estimated at about 25,000 square metres, would dwarf the existing provincial RCMP headquarters on Oxford Street and provide a state-of-the art workplace for about 500 members of the RCMP and support staff.

A procurement process that promised a spring 2009 construction start began last year and three local developers were shortlisted to make final submissions on or before Feb. 25.

Public Works and Government Services Canada officials in Halifax declared the process unsuccessful two days after reviewing the proposals.

Mr. Fioratos said contents of the submissions are confidential. He confirmed one bid met all the specifications but was beyond the budget, while two of the bids did not meet all the requirements.

The project has been on the drawing board five years and Ottawa has not given it an exact price tag, which is standard procedure. The most recent report on major projects published by the Atlantic Provinces Economic Council estimates the complex would cost about $60 million.

According to the council, the plan to provide a new building to allow the RCMP to centralize operations relating to drug enforcement, commercial crime and other services, had a "high probability" of moving forward in 2009

sdm
Apr 2, 2009, 12:18 PM
I bet people can't get the money to finance this project as the real problem here.

fenwick16
Apr 23, 2010, 12:02 PM
The federal Public Works Department has called for new tenders on the RCMP headquarters in Burnside - 240,000 square feet on 5 floors. Its good to see the RCMP and federal government spending money in the Halifax area. (source allnovascotia.com)

fenwick16
Jun 10, 2010, 1:12 AM
hfxtradesman - posted June 8 2010

Shovels should also be in the ground soon for the new R.C.M.P. station. If anybody was keeping up one this one.

(Reposted from General Updates) Has the contract been awarded for this one?

kph06
Jun 10, 2010, 3:03 AM
PCL got the low bid, still has to be approved.

Dmajackson
Jun 12, 2010, 2:13 AM
Finally figured out which lot this is going on; Its on the west-side of Garland Avenue bordering on Burnside Drive. (http://www.halifax.ca/council/agendasc/documents/100615ca1012.pdf)

The street is going to be completed this summer so construction like mentioned previously in this thread should start soon.

Dmajackson
Jul 10, 2010, 6:07 PM
I believe this is the lot. There's no sign of building construction yet. The utilities are already installed on site;

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4143/4780670210_3f8ecf57e7_z.jpg

BTW just my opinion but I think the reasons why this site was chosen might have to do with the reputation of nearby Spectacle Lake ...

fenwick16
Jul 10, 2010, 6:20 PM
BTW just my opinion but I think the reasons why this site was chosen might have to do with the reputation of nearby Spectacle Lake ...

What is the reputation - good or bad?

Dmajackson
Jul 10, 2010, 6:51 PM
What is the reputation - good or bad?

About 5 years ago a gay man was murdered in the park by a homophobic serial killer (unfortunately I forget the name). The park is a well-known gay cruising area that some people feel uncomfortable walking in because of the explicit nature of the men who hang around it.

When I took this photo (Friday evening) there were half a dozen cars parked on the street all looking for "action", if you know what I mean, and there was loud music coming from the park.

The reputation itself doesn't bug me since I'm open to equality (not sex in a public park though) but the other users of the park have complained before and having a police station right next door would certainly stop some of the going-ons.

planarchy
Jul 10, 2010, 6:56 PM

I really don't think the RCMP chooses sites based on what is really nothing more than public nuisance. Any big city deals with these types of issues. I assume the location is based more on optimal highway access and improved response times based on the location.

fenwick16
Jul 10, 2010, 7:58 PM
It used to be Citadel Hill that had the reputation. Let's just hope that the RCMP will clean things up (their own reputation has suffered over the past few years).

worldlyhaligonian
Jul 10, 2010, 8:33 PM
lol, "goings on"

coolmillion
Jul 11, 2010, 1:44 AM
personally I think the RCMP has more important things to deal with. "goings on" probably happen here because it's an out of the way location. Increasing development and RCMP presence will probably discourage action but it will just move somewhere else.
I had forgotten about the murder here. That's serious. When I was a kid there was a murder in another gay cruising area near where I lived, Camp Hill Cemetary. Sad.

hfx_chris
Jul 11, 2010, 3:19 PM
Don't forget too, that area lies within HRP's jurisdiction.
I know HRP and the RCMP in HRM have become a lot more integrated in recent years, but as far as I know these jurisdictional matters still count.

fenwick16
Jul 13, 2010, 3:08 AM
There will be a sod turning Tuesday at 2:00 PM at 80 Garland Avenue for the $60 million RCMP building according to the allnovascotia.com. The design renderings will also be released. It will be 240,000 square feet and reportedly 5 storeys.

harls
Jul 13, 2010, 3:16 PM
The rendering will be here (http://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/medias-media/gp-pg/2010-07-13-00-eng.html).. later today, for those who are interested.

terrynorthend
Jul 13, 2010, 8:47 PM
The rendering will be here (http://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/medias-media/gp-pg/2010-07-13-00-eng.html).. later today, for those who are interested.

Looks dismal and uninspired, like a high school or hospital from the 1960s.

fenwick16
Jul 13, 2010, 9:26 PM
It is better than I expected. The allnovascotia.com keeps referring to it as the RCMP bunker so that is what I expected.

(source: http://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/medias-media/gp-pg/2010-07-13-00-eng.html )
http://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/medias-media/gp-pg/images/2010-07-13-01-l.jpg

Dmajackson
Jul 13, 2010, 10:17 PM
I think it looks great (then again comparing anything to Burnside looks good).

worldlyhaligonian
Jul 13, 2010, 11:16 PM
Not bad at all, its an improvement on the Citdel High design.

What I like most is the land use... the entrance area looks sweet and the building meshs well with the surroundings.

Its great in terms of Burnside... there have been major strides forward in the park and I'm looking forward to seeing the area developing more.

I now understand the hotel (although poorly designed)... I bet they could put another hotel in Burnside somewhere and maybe residential closer to DC because alot of people work "in the Park" and the majority of the industrial businesses are located there (so even corporate types sometimes have to be in Burnside, seriously). It needs better pedestrian environments and transportation links... but I have actually witnessed sidewalks being built in some parts and if there was more residential integration it could be like a real neighborhood in some areas. All it would need is a grocery store, the majority of the other needs are met by the park.

Also, I think they should build an actual bridge over the highway to Highfield Park because simply putting pedestrian space on the car bridge doesn't give people incentive to not risk it to run across closer to their destination (home or potentially Tim Horton's)

Dmajackson
Jul 14, 2010, 2:33 AM
Not bad at all, its an improvement on the Citdel High design.

What I like most is the land use... the entrance area looks sweet and the building meshs well with the surroundings.

Its great in terms of Burnside... there have been major strides forward in the park and I'm looking forward to seeing the area developing more.

I now understand the hotel (although poorly designed)... I bet they could put another hotel in Burnside somewhere and maybe residential closer to DC because alot of people work "in the Park" and the majority of the industrial businesses are located there (so even corporate types sometimes have to be in Burnside, seriously). It needs better pedestrian environments and transportation links... but I have actually witnessed sidewalks being built in some parts and if there was more residential integration it could be like a real neighborhood in some areas. All it would need is a grocery store, the majority of the other needs are met by the park.

Also, I think they should build an actual bridge over the highway to Highfield Park because simply putting pedestrian space on the car bridge doesn't give people incentive to not risk it to run across closer to their destination (home or potentially Tim Horton's)

In the Burnside News there was an article about how in 10-15 years time the land set aside for Burnside expansion will be developed leaving no new land for businesses to move into unless more is set aside (there was mention of expanding up the Burnside Expressway IF the province ever builds it). One of the GBBA people said when that happens the older section of the park (west of Burnside Drive) will start to be renewed and brought up to modern standards.

I can't really comment on the hotel comment but the park is already home to two hotels and one motel so I'm not sure if the market demand could even warrant another one yet.

This might be stretching it a bit but Wal-Mart could count as a grocery store ... :P

halifaxboyns
Jul 14, 2010, 4:05 AM
It's not great, but it's not bad either (compared to some of the stuff in Burnside). I'm glad to hear that in 10 to 20 years the park will start to grow again through the natural life cycle of commercial parks.

If I'm not mistaken the plan with Burnside is to encourage less pure industrial (manufacturing and dirty types of industrial uses) around the edges and more office campus/office park uses. That way they can surround the dirtier industrial uses on the inside of the park. I'd like to see that - more office buildings say in the 5 to 7 storey range; or office campus style development.

I was looking at the birds eye view from bing maps and I see another office tower is under construction - although I suspect its already done by the Radisson Hotel - that's a great step up there. If my count is correct, five stories.

One thing to think about in the coming years (as HRM gets ready to re-do the regional plan) is where office development should go. For our part here in Calgary; when Plan It Calgary was done - we continued to keep downtown as they prime office focus with all the prestige (class a) office space there for the most part. But we recognized that as the city grew out; there was a natural tendancy of office development to occur either around LRT stations or in community nodes (around the universities or hospitals). One thing HRM should recognize is that with Burnside and likely Bayers Lake - there is a good chance for office campus style development and even in Ragged Lake too (now with RIM). There seems to be that natural evolution in HRM - which can be helpful in breaking up traffic and also encouraging creation of high speed ferry links via the harbour to a certain extent (Burnside could be served through a Ferry Terminal at the base of Akerley at Windmill Drive and then the whole area around it turned into office towers around 15 storeys and then campus style from there.

Dmajackson
Aug 7, 2010, 8:31 PM
The CRANE is now on site!! (photo by me);

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4114/4869873222_c0f41d6350_z.jpg

fenwick16
Aug 7, 2010, 9:19 PM
The CRANE is now on site!! (photo by me);

They're really moving quickly on this. Thanks for the info.

Dmajackson
Aug 16, 2010, 2:24 AM
I'm no expert on cranes but looking at the amount of pieces on site for this project it might have two cranes installed;

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4123/4896335926_1252b0c6fb_z.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4102/4896338192_345eb2bd00_z.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4140/4896340908_2ace9b6a4d_z.jpg

fenwick16
Aug 16, 2010, 2:52 AM
Thanks for the pictorial update. It is great to see how quickly they are moving on this.

Jstaleness
Aug 18, 2010, 11:52 PM
I'll try to get more site pics Friday if anything changed since last picture update.

Jstaleness
Aug 24, 2010, 8:56 PM
There is 2 crane bases from what I could see today. It looks as though they should go up any day now. Will be very visible from Wright Ave. between Swish and Honda. I'll grab pics once they go up.

Jstaleness
Aug 31, 2010, 10:35 PM
A mobile crane was extended tonight when I looked that way when driving on the Circ tonight. Hopefully that means the cranes will be set up come the weekend.

-Harlington-
Sep 2, 2010, 4:58 PM
LYDON LYNCH ARCHITECTS LTD.

The new home for the RCMP in Nova Scotia has been designed to achieve LEED Gold certification.

Ground broken on Halifax RCMP headquarters

PATRICIA WILLIAMS

staff writer

The federal government has broken ground on a new $59-million home in Nova Scotia for the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP).

Designed by Halifax’s Lydon Lynch Architects Ltd. in joint venture with Cohos Evamy, a firm with offices in Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto, the 24,000-square-metre project will accommodate the RCMP’s administrative and operational requirements.

General contractor PCL Constructors Canada Inc. is in the process of awarding subtrade contracts.

Located in the Burnside Business Park in Dartmouth, the new H Division headquarters includes a five-storey administration building and a large one-storey technical block.

In addition to housing various divisions and regional units, the project includes training and educational facilities. Tiered classrooms can be combined by use of flexible walls. Breakout spaces provide more informal settings.

Lydon Lynch said the emphasis on inter-departmental communication is further enhanced by the provision of a large staff mess room on the top floor that can be subdivided.

The public face of the building interior comprises a large circular glazed “parade” room, which also doubles as a media briefing space. Within this space is a small exhibition which tells the story of the history of policing in the Atlantic region.

Other educational resources include large display cases that include historical exhibits, which Lydon Lynch said “further bring the story of the RCMP to life.”

Externally, the heavily landscaped site includes a memorial garden and statue honouring fallen members of H Division.

Scheduled for occupancy by December 2013, the facility will accommodate 500 employees. It will be built with the environment in mind. The project has been designed to achieve LEED Gold.

Plans call for installation of a green roof, use of dimming features that adjust to natural light, and use of natural gas.

Features that will reduce water consumption include rainwater harvesting from roof areas, low-flow toilets and waterless urinals.

Emphasis is also being placed on recycled content in construction materials.

The Lydon Lynch/Cohos Evamy joint venture was selected from a short list of consultants to provide services that run the gamut from preliminary planning to post-warranty services.

The team is also acting as LEED consultants as well as the project’s interior designers.

Project architect Marcus Leyland said Lydon Lynch currently has more than 500,000 square feet of LEED space either under construction or recently completed in the Halifax region.

To be built on property owned by the federal government, the project is being funded jointly by Public Works and Government Services Canada and the RCMP.

Public Works Canada spokesman Bill Fioratos said the department does not foresee “any significant challenges” that will prevent delivery of the project on time and on budget.

Currently, the H division headquarters and Atlantic region offices are housed in 14 leased and two Crown-owned buildings in 10 different locations in the Halifax regional municipality.

Public Works Canada said the existing Crown-owned headquarters building is 35 years old and no longer meets the RCMP’s operational requirements.

Print | Email | Comment

-Harlington-
Sep 2, 2010, 5:06 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4132/4951304303_4aaf63f82e.jpg

halifaxboyns
Sep 2, 2010, 5:09 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4132/4951304303_4aaf63f82e.jpg

Now that I think of it - it kinda looks like one of the government buildings they have in Edmonton for the RCMP.
RCMP Building in Edmonton (http://maps.google.ca/?ie=UTF8&ll=53.56131,-113.50975&spn=0,0.006158&t=h&z=18&layer=c&cbll=53.561396,-113.509954&panoid=T5NTTzWdxYaxQTopAH0NNw&cbp=12,184.29,,0,6.57)

Jstaleness
Sep 10, 2010, 6:22 PM
Crane went up today. Second one also going up.
Photos from my cell so quality is not greatest.
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu360/jstaleness/IMG00211.jpg
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu360/jstaleness/IMG00212.jpg

Jstaleness
Sep 10, 2010, 11:11 PM
These are visable from Burnside Dr now. Once I get my actual camera back I'll head to the Swish parking lot on Wright and get some proper pictures.

fenwick16
Sep 12, 2010, 11:52 AM
This building should look great. Once they have an outstanding building they should work towards becoming an outstanding police force which unfortunately will take considerable more effort than constructing a building. It seems as though lately all I read about the RCMP is one story of corruption and dishonesty after another.

Jstaleness
Sep 12, 2010, 6:19 PM
A garbage quality shot I took from the Circ. This makes 4 visible cranes on hwy 111 if traveling toward Halifax. 5 if you count the one in Bedford.

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu360/jstaleness/IMG00215.jpg

Jstaleness
Sep 14, 2010, 10:18 PM
The little crane has been assembled now as well. Foundations were being poured today.

Dmajackson
Sep 28, 2010, 9:37 PM
Photo from the weekend;

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4152/5034514076_d059ce5089_z.jpg

worldlyhaligonian
Sep 29, 2010, 3:35 AM
Photo from the weekend;

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4152/5034514076_d059ce5089_z.jpg

What street are u on when u took this pic?

Dmajackson
Sep 29, 2010, 4:10 AM
What street are u on when u took this pic?

It's actually not a street but rather a large parking lot for the buildings off of Wright Avenue. The particular spot is at the end of the central loading docks.

worldlyhaligonian
Sep 29, 2010, 4:22 AM
Ah, I see now... this is a great spot for this development!

Dmajackson
Oct 11, 2010, 5:17 PM
From the weekend;

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4154/5071746881_dcb02267d1_z.jpg

Jstaleness
Oct 29, 2010, 12:44 AM
No photos due to fog but. The first floor columns are almost all complete. A few are them are still just frames. Should be more visible from burnside dr within the coming weeks.

Dmajackson
Nov 15, 2010, 5:31 AM
From a couple of nights ago;

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4151/5175762665_5fdd55d231_z.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4125/5175761735_b50497808a_z.jpg

Dmajackson
Nov 23, 2010, 3:33 AM
From today;

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5210/5200523710_d35f1ee6f3_z.jpg

Dmajackson
Dec 17, 2010, 9:47 PM
[Enter standard Dmajackson statement here];

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5129/5269735876_3c96d8ff67_z.jpg

Dmajackson
Jan 9, 2011, 2:46 PM
I have some other shots of Dartmouth as well from last week;

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5130/5337898845_b383624716_z.jpg

Jstaleness
Jan 16, 2011, 12:00 AM
A few Crap Shots from my Blackberry.

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu360/jstaleness/IMG00298.jpg
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu360/jstaleness/IMG00300.jpg
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu360/jstaleness/IMG00299.jpg

Dmajackson
Jan 16, 2011, 2:13 PM
^ Well your photos are better than mine for now;

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5287/5358729677_d2e3aa9cc0_z.jpg

fenwick16
Jan 16, 2011, 2:40 PM
Thank you for your pictures Jstaleness and Dmajackson. This is going up very quickly.

Dmajackson
Jan 30, 2011, 1:45 AM
From my commute this morning;

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5052/5399211211_f9442e7700_z.jpg

Dmajackson
Feb 15, 2011, 9:28 PM
New RCMP headquarters takes shape in Burnside
Green structure designed to last a century
By KELLY SHIERS Staff Reporter
Mon, Feb 14 - 4:54 AM

The Mounties are finally getting their building.

Rising on a piece of property in Burnside Park, the new five-storey RCMP "H" Division headquarters is taking shape. The fourth floor is about 25 per cent complete and the second and third floors are in various stages of progress.

"If you’ve been by the site, you can well and truly see it above the treeline now and, very shortly, you’ll see it as a fixture on the skyline of Halifax," says project director Bill Fioratos.

Construction on the Garland Avenue headquarters began this summer with the awarding of a $59-million contract to PCL Constructors Canada Inc. It continues through the winter, with completion expected in 2013.

The final price tag will be about $100 million, funded by Public Works and Government Services Canada and the RCMP.

Sometime later that year, about 500 administrative and operational staff will move into the 24,000-square-

metre, state-of-the-art facility.

The building includes a five-storey administration building and a one-storey technical block. The public face of the arc-shaped building includes a mostly glass rotunda. Its back will be built of brick and its arc-shaped design and centre-corridor plan will allow sunlight to reach into almost all of the building’s workspaces.

"I think it will be quite attractive," Fioratos said.

But the building isn’t just about being nice to look at or to work in. Careful consideration has been given to ensure the building is built with the environment in mind and ensure it meets Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design green standards, he said. Plans include the largest green roof in Atlantic Canada, the use of dimming fixtures that adjust to natural light and the use of natural gas. Rainwater will be used for landscape maintenance and for low-flow toilets.

And it is designed to be durable, with officials hoping it will be the first building in Canada to meet the green standard of having an expected lifespan of a century.

The building will replace the existing but outdated RCMP headquarters which Public Works says is now 35 years old and no longer meets the force’s needs.

Initially, the federal government hoped to begin construction in 2009 but Ottawa was unable to find a developer to tackle the project.

Dmajackson
Mar 9, 2011, 3:13 AM
A couple from late last month;

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5091/5511178974_7bf7ef2d33_z.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5052/5511181490_a285995534_z.jpg

Dmajackson
Mar 18, 2011, 2:08 AM
From earlier this week;

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5100/5536287888_b4f7a24cfb_z.jpg

Dmajackson
Mar 22, 2011, 5:05 PM
I don't think I've taken enough photos of this site yet :P

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5028/5549254708_73663692e1_z.jpg

Haligonian88
Mar 30, 2011, 9:41 PM
Here's another picture:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5176/5575308386_ef719a4220_z.jpg

Dmajackson
Apr 5, 2011, 3:22 AM
Work has begun on the 1-storey maintence building;

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5173/5590485471_da58d68bda_z.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5269/5591068162_e177de9e67_z.jpg

Dmajackson
May 16, 2011, 12:34 AM
[Here cliche photo statement here]:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5263/5723992831_05819d7f63_z.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5148/5724008547_2c863c2c84_z.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5303/5724016217_2477859709_z.jpg

Dmajackson
Jun 6, 2011, 4:51 AM
Almost topped out:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2120/5803059064_c8099a2845_z.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2690/5803062018_3b736fee2b_z.jpg

Jonovision
Jun 12, 2011, 2:07 PM
At least one of the cranes for this came down yesterday. I could just barely see the top of the taller one from my apartment.

Dmajackson
Aug 2, 2011, 12:52 AM
Both cranes are gone now and there's some metal work going up for the exterior cladding:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6011/6000268780_919539a408_z.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6147/5999724427_7195ef3def_z.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6143/5999727093_4b6dff98aa_z.jpg

Dmajackson
Aug 20, 2011, 12:39 AM
From today;

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6199/6060710186_3959581b6e_z.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6086/6060160051_cd6167748a_z.jpg

Dmajackson
Sep 4, 2011, 10:06 PM
From Friday;

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6076/6113652879_720069a1bc_z.jpg

Dmajackson
Oct 11, 2011, 5:35 PM
And work continues ...

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6047/6235106220_636f00a710_z.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6092/6234593575_47231e83e3_z.jpg

Jstaleness
Dec 16, 2011, 6:58 PM
There is too much brick and not enough glass on the outer wall that faces Burnside Dr or Commodore Dr depending where you are. This and some parts of 111 highway are where this building is most visible. It kinda looks like a high school built 40-50 years ago. It's nice on the inner portion though as it's way more modern looking with proper use of glass. The only people that really see that are the people that work there though. :shrug:

Dmajackson
Jan 31, 2012, 1:38 AM
Saturday afternoon (See My Flickr Photostream (http://www.flickr.com/photos/75563463@N02/) for more pictures);

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7172/6792838283_8aa6e642de_z.jpg

worldlyhaligonian
Jan 31, 2012, 4:17 AM
The use of that orange metal is starting to get annoying... everything will look so dated. At least the silver stuff is somewhat timeless. They both get dirty.

Jstaleness
Feb 19, 2012, 2:01 AM
One from my cell taken from Wright and Burnside Campus.

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu360/jstaleness/IMG00035-20120218-1704.jpg

Keith P.
Feb 19, 2012, 1:44 PM
At first glance I thought the front portion was a parking structure. That is a very large building, it seems.

Jstaleness
Sep 21, 2012, 12:41 PM
It looks as though this one might be complete.