PDA

View Full Version : What forumers have YOU met?

Aylmer
Mar 23, 2008, 11:18 AM
They have a thread like this in the Alberta section and I thought it would be interesting to have something like that here...

So yeah, Who have you met in person?

:)

p_xavier
Mar 23, 2008, 2:41 PM
They have a thread like this in the Alberta section and I thought it would be interesting to have something like that here...

So yeah, Who have you met in person?

Well maybe it would help to know what people lool like :haha: Since everyone seemed to be at the last downtown tunnel presentation downtown.

Well I'm male, 26yo, 5'11 and 170lbs. I met Deez there.

Aylmer
Mar 23, 2008, 5:30 PM
I didn't know about that presentation...

Will there be follow-ups?

p_xavier
Mar 23, 2008, 11:18 PM
I didn't know about that presentation...

Will there be follow-ups?

It was for the 4 plans presented by the city. Many people here went.

waterloowarrior
Mar 27, 2008, 11:24 PM
jeremy_haak and Cambridgite (they both go to UW)

Jamaican-Phoenix
Mar 28, 2008, 12:10 AM
I've met Mille and harls and maybe a few others from SSP...

AuxTown
Mar 28, 2008, 2:45 AM
Ottawade and I are friends from the "real world" and it was a surprise, a few months back, to find out that he is a fellow forumer.

harls
Mar 28, 2008, 2:00 PM
jamaican-phoenix, mille sabords, keninottawa(now halifax), niwell, and quite a few from Montreal when I lived there (2001-2006).

p_xavier
Mar 28, 2008, 3:18 PM
While I haven't talked to many. One thing's for sure, people look like how they write. I found it funny.

Deez
Mar 28, 2008, 5:11 PM
What's that supposed to mean? :rolleyes: haha.

For the record, the only forumer I've met is d_jeffrey.

Aylmer
Mar 28, 2008, 5:46 PM
While I haven't talked to many. One thing's for sure, people look like how they write. I found it funny.

What do I look like?

p_xavier
Mar 28, 2008, 7:00 PM
What's that supposed to mean? :rolleyes: haha.

For the record, the only forumer I've met is d_jeffrey.

Well you write always polite, almost in a shy way. You looked like it. :)

Rathgrith
Mar 28, 2008, 7:57 PM
None, but I think one forumer here sounds like someone I have met before.

Aylmer
Mar 28, 2008, 11:35 PM
Whom?

I can imagine Harls;

31, family guy (not the show), tallish and intelligent...

I'm probably wrong...

p_xavier
Mar 29, 2008, 2:49 AM
What do I look like?

http://www.paradisecostumes.com/product_images/carmen/Econo_yellow_40001.jpg

Though you would probably have strawberries on the hat too.

Jamaican-Phoenix
Mar 29, 2008, 3:49 AM
http://www.paradisecostumes.com/product_images/carmen/Econo_yellow_40001.jpg

Though you would probably have strawberries on the hat too.

:lmao:

cityguy
Mar 29, 2008, 11:14 AM
none

M.K.
Mar 29, 2008, 12:58 PM
Sorry asking and forgive me... but I could not resist... Is this a kind of gay rendevous? Well, I like to be unpersonal behind my computer.... Maybe if I met someone in street, I could be dissapointed to not loving SSP anymore. So I don't know. It seems me strange meeting some SSP forumer in street or somewhere...:P

Aylmer
Mar 29, 2008, 1:15 PM
I haven't seen you in a while (in the unreal world).

harls
Mar 29, 2008, 1:23 PM
Whom?

I can imagine Harls;

31, family guy (not the show), tallish and intelligent...

I'm probably wrong...

Close enough. I do like to watch Family Guy, by the way.

Aylmer
Mar 29, 2008, 1:27 PM
http://www.trovster.com/images/weblog/happy_tree_friends.png

Sorry I just had to post this on impulse!

Rathgrith
Mar 30, 2008, 1:14 AM
Sorry asking and forgive me... but I could not resist... Is this a kind of gay rendevous? Well, I like to be unpersonal behind my computer.... Maybe if I met someone in street, I could be dissapointed to not loving SSP anymore. So I don't know. It seems me strange meeting some SSP forumer in street or somewhere...:P

There is a place for that and it's called Craigslist: http://ottawa.en.craigslist.ca/cas/

I always get a laugh out of them. And yes I do have a girlfriend. There is more to life than SSP... sometimes.

Aylmer
Mar 30, 2008, 2:44 PM
God, that's scary...

:(

p_xavier
Mar 30, 2008, 2:46 PM
God, that's scary...

:(

Yes, the transvestite that came home had much smaller breasts then what there was supposed. I call false advertisement.

Aylmer
Mar 30, 2008, 4:08 PM
Yes, the transvestite that came home had much smaller breasts then what there was supposed. I call false advertisement.

Take LSD then look at your dog!

gatt
Apr 1, 2008, 2:04 PM
few from Ottawa.Harls many times(you forgot me)and many from Montreal.i went to six meetings.4 in Montreal,1 in Gatineau and 1 in Ottawa.

harls
Apr 1, 2008, 2:42 PM
Damn, I always do that! Yes, I've met Gatt a few times!!

m0nkyman
Apr 1, 2008, 10:57 PM
Nobody that I'm aware of. Although if they are over thirty and went to nightclubs in Ottawa during the eighties/nineties, there is a good chance they've met me.

Mille Sabords
Apr 2, 2008, 7:45 PM
In my case, I've met Harls and Jamaican Phoenix in person, and talked to several others by PM a few times.

Monkeyman - care to mention any of those night clubs for old times sake? And are you including Hull in your list? :D

m0nkyman
Apr 2, 2008, 11:45 PM
Monkeyman - care to mention any of those night clubs for old times sake? And are you including Hull in your list? :D

One Step Beyond, Barrymores, Cafe Deluxe, original Zaphod on Rideau, Zaphods, and on the Hull side, Zinc and Thunderdome, and far too much drinking at Le Bistro.

AuxTown
Apr 3, 2008, 1:00 AM
Barrymores! My glory days more consist of the Liquor Dome (before they tore it down), The Cabin (the old smelly one before the renovation), Minglewoods (the old smelly one before the move), and Heart and Crown. I guess I can't forget my underage years in Gatineau as well (i.e. La Boom, Willy's)....I'm seeing a pattern here. Interesting to see how the night spots change over the years, though I'm sure you remember just as much about it as I do.

Acajack
Apr 4, 2008, 2:38 PM
One Step Beyond, Barrymores, Cafe Deluxe, original Zaphod on Rideau, Zaphods, and on the Hull side, Zinc and Thunderdome, and far too much drinking at Le Bistro.

I've never met anyone here, although I've exchanged personal messages with Mille Sabords.

Monkyman, if you spent lots of time at Le Bistro in your youth, that we've probably literally bumped into to one another more than a few times...

Mille Sabords
Apr 4, 2008, 4:31 PM

Man, you put a grin on my face with that one name, One Step Beyond... at the time I thought I was just old enough NOT to go, but I sure as hell knew where it was :D :D I also remember DeLuxe and Zinc, plus, Le Ruisseau, Helium/Zap, Shalimar, Chez Henri, that place across from ZAP with the awesome outdoor patio... in Ottawa it was mostly the 'Nox for me in those days. Atomic, later, was a landmark too.

Acajack
Apr 4, 2008, 6:19 PM
The place across the street from Tabasco/Helium/Zap and next door to Shalimar was Disco Viva, right?

Acajack
Apr 4, 2008, 6:46 PM
Oops! The place on promenade du Portage we were thinking of was Vogue, with a greenish neon tube with the name Vogue as a sign on the front.

Disco Viva was actually on boulevard St-Joseph. Now, I believe this one place was the focus of an urban legend, in that the club was in a former church, and that one night the place was packed and all of the power went off. When everyone was evacuated and standing outside, someone noticed the cross at the top of the steeple had fallen and was upside down.

Ryersonian
May 1, 2008, 4:26 PM

ajldub
May 1, 2008, 6:05 PM
Welcome to the party!

waterloowarrior
May 1, 2008, 10:03 PM
hey ryersonian... I'm a planning student at UW but originally from Ottawa...really enjoying the program so far...

Aylmer
May 3, 2008, 9:35 PM
This is my job!!! :)

WELCOME TO SSP!!!

:notacrook: :notacrook: :jester: :drunk: :banger: :righton: :crazy2: :leek: :dancing: :thrasher: :upload_71700: :banaride: :pepper: :psycho: :lmao: :boogy: :awesome: :tomato: :eeekk: :grouphug: :ahhh: :cucumber: :apple: :fruit:

Kitchissippi
May 4, 2008, 3:56 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3264/2462691661_268bc1a2db_o.jpg