PDA

View Full Version : the dude has left the building

the dude
Feb 13, 2008, 10:03 AM
just thought i'd let everyone know that i've replaced the cruel hamilton winters for the lush warmth of vietnam.

i've taken a leave from my job and will be spending the remainder of the month traveling this country before settling down in saigon.

in a word, i would describe this country as astounding - the mountains, the beaches, the food, the cities. a photo just doesn't do it justice. that said, once i find a good connection somewhere i'll post a tour.

peace out and i'll see ya in a few months!

acutally, here's a teaser of the saigon skyline:
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa121/the_dude1974/IMG_0786.jpg

Tony
Feb 13, 2008, 11:59 AM
Vietnam? Why Vietnam?

Hamilton isn't THAT bad is it? ;)

DC83
Feb 13, 2008, 12:44 PM
Wow... that's exciting!! I have some friends in Thailand at the moment, too. Seems south-Asia is the place to be this winter!

Well have fun, be safe, and we look forward to your return to the Hammer, dude!!!!

flar
Feb 13, 2008, 2:18 PM
Have fun.

raisethehammer
Feb 13, 2008, 3:15 PM
Have fun dude! I've got friends in Cambodia. No snow there (we got another 20cm last night).

DC83
Feb 13, 2008, 3:46 PM
Have fun dude! I've got friends in Cambodia. No snow there (we got another 20cm last night).

...and more to come Monday, apparently :s

raisethehammer
Feb 13, 2008, 4:04 PM
Vietnam? Why Vietnam?

Hamilton isn't THAT bad is it? ;)

it was either Vietnam or Toronto...no contest! :cheers:

matt602
Feb 13, 2008, 4:41 PM
Hope you have fun there. We'll let you know when Lister is restored :) (that should give you a good 10 years to enjoy Vietnam)

SteelTown
Feb 14, 2008, 4:39 AM
Have a wonderful time!

Tony
Feb 14, 2008, 11:56 AM
it was either Vietnam or Toronto...no contest! :cheers:

oh snap! :haha:

Seriously though, why Vietnam?

the dude
Feb 18, 2008, 10:03 AM
^my wife's vietnamese but had never been. also found a good teaching job here.

in hanoi right now. this city is really wicked. definitely doesn't get the recognition it deserves. i've been to so many cities around the world that are complete rubbish. no redeeming qualities whatsoever. not the case here. beautiful old vietnamese, chinese and colonial architecture centred on a lake. not too shabby. i'll post pics in a week or so.

regarding lister - i went on a big asian and african trip many years ago and recall thinking that by the time i return everything will be taken care of. 10 years later...

the dude
Feb 27, 2008, 2:55 PM
just posted a tour of hanoi in the international section.