PDA

View Full Version : Calgary SSP winter shitfaced funfest

Calgarian
Dec 4, 2007, 10:02 PM
:cheers:
anyone interested in another get together? when and where? Crush was good for the last one, but I would say another venue would be better. Maybe Bottlescrew Bills? (150 different kinds of beer!!). :cheers:

Bigtime
Dec 4, 2007, 10:04 PM
:cheers:
anyone interested in another get together? when and where? Crush was good for the last one, but I would say another venue would be better. Maybe Bottlescrew Bills? (150 different kinds of beer!!). :cheers:

I would be in for this, however my weekends are ridiculously booked this month. But if you all can settle on something I'll try my damndest to make it out and get absolutely shit-bombed! :cheers: :D

Edit: Actually Saturday the 15th might work for me. Nothing on my calendar there, well at least that I remembered to write down!

Ninja edit: I like the idea of Bottlescrew Bills as well!

Boris2k7
Dec 5, 2007, 12:41 AM
Hopefully this time I'm not relegated to sleeping on someone's couch. :)

I've only got exams left, so I'm nearly good to go. Any day after Tuesday the 18th would be good for me.

Riise
Dec 5, 2007, 1:11 AM
I really want to make it out this year, but my sched is a bit tricky... I already have another annual Christmas shitfaced funfest on the 15th and I leave Calgary on the 22nd. That pretty much leaves the 14th and 21st for me, although the 21st will be the day after my bday demolition...

Bigtime
Dec 5, 2007, 1:14 AM
Just got home and checked my calendar, it would have to be the 14th as we already have a Christmas party on the 15th.

Boris2k7
Dec 5, 2007, 1:26 AM
I guess I could do the 14th... definately not getting totally shitfaced that night... (note for drinking buddies... me and vodka do not get along well!)

Ginty
Dec 5, 2007, 1:28 AM
december 20th and i am there

mersar
Dec 5, 2007, 1:31 AM
14th would work for me as well, I have an exam on the 13rd and then not until the 17th and 18th. Pretty much aside from those days I'm game.

Bokimon
Dec 5, 2007, 1:37 AM
14th is no good for me. Id like a later date like week after?
Or even this week?

Calgarian
Dec 5, 2007, 1:46 AM
14th is no good for me, I have my work Christmas party that night.

Calgarian
Dec 5, 2007, 4:57 PM
not a whole lot of interest so far, maybe after Christmas would be better?

Bigtime
Dec 5, 2007, 5:02 PM
not a whole lot of interest so far, maybe after Christmas would be better?

After Christmas would probably work for me, although I'm still juggling weekends around in January between business trips.

Innersoul1
Dec 5, 2007, 5:21 PM
The Innersoul will be in India getting his curry on! But the next boozefest I will be there for defs...

DizzyEdge
Dec 5, 2007, 6:38 PM
How bout mid January, something to liven up a bleary month.

Bokimon
Dec 5, 2007, 7:02 PM
yeah i also say after christmas would be better.
I'd prefer a friday night though as my weekends will be no good for all of Jan.
maybe friday the 5th or so?

freeweed
Dec 5, 2007, 7:15 PM
Wow, the 14th would be perfect for me. You guys all suck. :P

niwell
Dec 5, 2007, 9:01 PM
I'm gonna be in Calgary from the 16th to the 30th... so anytime during then and I'll gladly join you all!

CorporateWhore
Dec 5, 2007, 9:02 PM
Just got home and checked my calendar, it would have to be the 14th as we already have a Christmas party on the 15th.

I'm in Calgary from the 20th on....i can tell you how much i hate Cowboys in person! Wouldnt that be a treat?

Pavlov
Dec 5, 2007, 9:20 PM
If its held the first week of January, I'll be back in Calgary and would love to meet you guys. Otherwise, I suppose I'll remain an enigma.

Calgarian
Dec 6, 2007, 5:44 PM
Okay, lets wait till January then.

Sean.Perrin
Dec 12, 2007, 10:44 PM
I can come in Jan... I'd like to actually come to one of these! I'll have some "fuckin jagerbombs" Lol.

:notacrook:

Ayreonaut
Dec 13, 2007, 1:06 AM
I better get a new haircut too. :haha:

ummagumma66
Dec 13, 2007, 6:30 AM
any weekend is fine, Bottlescrew Bills is fine, just lemme know when....

Sean.Perrin
Jan 2, 2008, 9:51 AM
So... what's the plan?

mersar
Jan 2, 2008, 2:36 PM
A couple people had suggested Bottlescrew Bills, so how would either the 5th or the 12th work?

Bigtime
Jan 2, 2008, 4:38 PM
It looks like I won't be able to make this happen probably until some time in late March folks. You'll have to drink without me!

Calgarian
Jan 2, 2008, 5:18 PM
The 5th would work for me.

Bokimon
Jan 2, 2008, 7:28 PM
The 5th would also work for me as well as I dont have any plans during that weekend and it is clear of my busy vacation and work schedule.

DizzyEdge
Jan 2, 2008, 8:40 PM
I think the 5th should work for me as well.

Sean.Perrin
Jan 2, 2008, 9:49 PM
5th is good.

Calgarian
Jan 2, 2008, 9:59 PM
So the 5th at Bottlescrew Bills it is, unless a lot of people oppose that day all of a sudden.

Bigtime
Jan 2, 2008, 9:59 PM
There is actually a very slight chance I can do the 5th as well. I'm just playing the juggling game having to move out of my current condo and not into arriva quite yet. The only day I could get movers was Friday so if everything goes smooth I should have a Saturday night free.

ummagumma66
Jan 2, 2008, 11:09 PM
sure, what time is everyone going to arrive?

Bigtime
Jan 2, 2008, 11:15 PM
^^^ Yes a time would be best! :D

mersar
Jan 3, 2008, 3:59 AM
In the past we've usually started around 7 and people drift in and out after that

Calgarian
Jan 3, 2008, 7:18 AM
I dunno, 7 or 8?

Bigtime
Jan 3, 2008, 9:13 PM
I dunno, 7 or 8?

Sounds good, I'll probably be around at 8 or a little later. Save some brewskies for me! :cheers:

Deepstar
Jan 3, 2008, 11:32 PM
I might be able to make it. Problem is I don't what anyone looks like. :shrug:

DizzyEdge
Jan 3, 2008, 11:51 PM
It will be the big group with no females in sight.

Bigtime
Jan 3, 2008, 11:55 PM
It will be the big group with no females in sight.

So sad and yet so true, however I may bring my wife out with us as well. She can tell you all how she likes Sasso/Vetro, I look forward to her getting lots of flack for this. Needless to say she gets a lot from me about it anyways!

Edit: For Bigtime finding purposes here is a fairly recent pic from my wedding in the summer
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg247/Staynera/VT3H4026.jpg

Double edit: That's not our daughter, one of my Winnipeg cousins.

Blue_Cypress
Jan 4, 2008, 12:30 AM
I am going to be flattened by overtime work this weekend, so will have to skip this one. Have a good time without me though, I'm sure I'll make it to one of these someday.

Calgarian
Jan 4, 2008, 4:30 AM
Maybe I'll call and make a reservation tomorrow.

Sean.Perrin
Jan 4, 2008, 10:10 AM
I'll see you all there...!

Sean.Perrin
Jan 5, 2008, 7:25 AM
So, I got my days mixed up and thought that today was Saturday (that's what being out of uni. does to me i guess) and went down there and had a couple beer by myself for an hour and a half! I was surprised that I couldn't find anyone until my friends called and happened to inform me of my "friday evening" plans.... I was SHOCKED that it was Friday!! hahahah!

For tho actual Saturday plans, should we figure out how we will know who is there so this doesn't actually happen (i look like the pic.... look for the glasses... lol) Does anyone wanna exchange phone numbers or something?

See you tomorrow... lol.

DizzyEdge
Jan 5, 2008, 7:33 AM
I'm iffy now that I've been informed a friend is down from edmonton for the weekend, but I'll try to stop in anyway. I look just like my avatar as well.

ummagumma66
Jan 5, 2008, 7:46 AM
I'll attempt to be there around 7ish, just look for a big guy, wearing a Soviet hockey jersey.....

mersar
Jan 5, 2008, 12:10 PM
I'm planning on spending the latter part of the afternoon taking photos, so look for the big guy in a red coat with a camera bag.

Bigtime
Jan 5, 2008, 3:18 PM
I'm shooting for 8 o'clock myself. Look for the guy in the picture on page 2, just probably in jeans and a sweater instead! I may or may not have the blonde with me as well.

Bokimon
Jan 5, 2008, 5:21 PM
Look for the face on my avatar!
I will aim to be there around 8-9pm.
BOttlescrews it is!

Calgarian
Jan 5, 2008, 8:37 PM
Some stuff has come up today, so I don't know if I'll be able to make it.

mersar
Jan 5, 2008, 8:43 PM
BTW, did you get a chance to call and make a reservation?

Calgarian
Jan 5, 2008, 8:46 PM
BTW, did you get a chance to call and make a reservation?

Yes I did, it's for 7:00, in the back where the big tv is and where the pool table is. The reservation is under SSP, with my name also (John). Hopefully I'll be able to make it. I'm the red head guy who will be wearing a Flames shirt.

Sean.Perrin
Jan 5, 2008, 11:32 PM
Asked last night about SSP reservation, they all looked at me like i was nuts... and I was... wrong day. Lol.

Calgarian
Jan 6, 2008, 1:38 AM
So I won't be able to make it tonight, I hope everyone has a good time.

freeweed
Jan 6, 2008, 3:13 AM
Virtual visit!

Now if only someone there has an iPhone or something, and is checking SSP, it'd almost be like I'm there! :haha:

Sean.Perrin
Jan 6, 2008, 7:52 AM
Virtual visit!

Now if only someone there has an iPhone or something, and is checking SSP, it'd almost be like I'm there! :haha:

Lol... responding on it right now! lol.

ummagumma66
Jan 6, 2008, 8:11 AM
that was lotsa fun...we should do that a little more often...

mersar
Jan 6, 2008, 8:34 AM
Agreed. Except in the future someone has to remind Bigtime to make sure he settles his tab fully before he skips out :P

For reference sake, the following people attended:

Mersar
Sean.Perrin
ummagumma66
Bigtime (+ wife)
Bokimon

Calgarian
Jan 6, 2008, 6:51 PM
Sorry I missed it guys, some family stuff came up.

Bigtime
Jan 7, 2008, 2:15 PM
Holy shit how did I forget that Christie ordered that dessert! Sorry guys I'll buy a round for all of you next time!

Innersoul1
Jan 8, 2008, 6:34 PM
So the Arriva whore is a cheapo! Damn, real sad that I missed this! BUT it wasn't at Crush so I wouldn't have attended anyway!

mersar
Jan 8, 2008, 6:39 PM
So the Arriva whore is a cheapo! Damn, real sad that I missed this! BUT it wasn't at Crush so I wouldn't have attended anyway!

The general feeling I had was that we should have gone to crush instead. The service was poor, to the extent that I don't believe any of us left a tip (I know that I didn't, which is the first time I can recall ever not).

Bigtime
Jan 8, 2008, 6:40 PM
Yeah that was some brutal service, I think they were going after the larger groups near us. Either for a nice tip or fear that they would have some of those groups walking on their tabs.

Damn it Dave, I totally forgot Christie ordered a dessert. Who even figures that women show up to these things? :D

Innersoul1
Jan 8, 2008, 6:59 PM
Don't worry Aaron! I will bring my wife to the next one and they can both order dessert....and we can both not pay for it! :haha:

Bigtime
Jan 8, 2008, 8:29 PM
Don't worry Aaron! I will bring my wife to the next one and they can both order dessert....and we can both not pay for it! :haha:

Sounds like a plan buddy! Oh and by the way, occupancy tomorrow baby! Booya! :tup:

ummagumma66
Jan 9, 2008, 4:52 AM
I left a tip, but yeah, that was pretty frigging horrible service, I hate having to yell for the barmaid to get more drink. as I said that night we try to do that a little more often.

Innersoul1
Jan 9, 2008, 3:07 PM
There really is nobody better than Vanessa at Crush! Easy on the eyes, fantastic personality and excellent service. Plus she works at Original Joe's on Wednesdays. So I can actually change venues. :D

Calgarian
Jan 9, 2008, 6:13 PM
The service was that bad on Saturday? I've never had a problem there.

ummagumma66
Jan 10, 2008, 1:35 AM
it wasent the best service I have ever seen

Calgarian
Jan 10, 2008, 6:43 AM
Was it really busy that night? they can get kinda swamped during Flames games.

ummagumma66
Jan 11, 2008, 9:41 PM
the flames game was a really late one, they were having "problems" in the kitchen , and couldn't take orders till almost 7:30, and it went downhill from there....