PDA

View Full Version : Liaison College Hamilton

LikeHamilton
Nov 30, 2007, 4:43 PM
Liaison College Hamilton

I took a cooking class last night at Liaison College.

Liaison College is moving from their present location on John Street South next to the new London Tap House in early January. The deal to move to the new Lincoln Alexander Convention Centre has fallen through.

They are moving to Jackson Square to the previous Oriental Market and former food court. This would be just over the top of the entrance to the farmers market. It will be 4 times larger than their present location. They will be able to have a larger and more varied program. They will have a take-out restaurant run by the senior students and have an outside patio. They expect to have more business with the greater visibility. They already have a relationship with some of the venders at the farmers market and hope to have more. That is the construction work that is going on in that area at the present time.

Their present site has already been rented out. They do not know who is moving in.

A little known fact. The national head office for Liaison College, it is a franchise, is in Hamilton. It is on Main Street East across from Gage Park. It is one of the old houses on Main Street and you will see the Liaison College sign in front. They are located in Brampton, Kingston, Kitchener, Oakville, Toronto Downtown, Toronto Lakeshore, Vaughan, Barrie.

:cheers:

SteelTown
Nov 30, 2007, 4:59 PM
So there moving to Main St next to London Tap House and expanding at Jackson Square? Sounds good

DC83
Nov 30, 2007, 5:34 PM
No I think they're only moving into the old upper level food court at Jackson, right?
I like the whole take-out idea. Sounds great.
I guess this is what all that construction up there is all about, eh?

ihateittoo
Nov 30, 2007, 5:36 PM
it sounds to me, that they are moving from their present john street location to jackson and they have already rented out their old space which is good because the building won't go dorment.

matt602
Nov 30, 2007, 7:08 PM
Yah, that's basically it. Kind of odd the Convention Centre idea fell through, but I think Jackson will work out better for them anyway.

DC83
Dec 3, 2007, 4:30 PM
Yah, that's basically it. Kind of odd the Convention Centre idea fell through, but I think Jackson will work out better for them anyway.

Considering their location in the mall, it'll be great!
1) They're right nextdoor to the Farmer's Market, so that can only be good for the market.
2) From the looks of the construction site, they're "To-Go" window looks to be right in the food court. My brother (who works in Sunlife Tower) says he's already excited to get lunch from them... so I'm sure he's not the only one.

As for the Convention Ctr; it seems as though it's going to take a lot longer than expected. Didn't this happen last time they started construction?

raisethehammer
Dec 3, 2007, 6:30 PM
I'm hoping that Liason won't offer only 'to go' lunches....I'd love to have a decent place to sit there and have lunch. I don't work in Jackson, so take-out would be kind of useless to folks like me.
I can't wait though...this is a great move.

DC83
Dec 3, 2007, 8:22 PM
^^ By the looks of it, it seems as though a "window" type opening (like the size of most food court shops) is what they'll have. But hey, who knows?!

the dude
Dec 3, 2007, 9:43 PM
they used to offer full-service meals so i would think they'll return to that. they had huge demand for it.

LikeHamilton
Dec 12, 2007, 11:37 PM
The official move is January 25th, 2008. Liaison College of Culinary Art
Hamilton Campus, Jackson Square, Hamilton ON (905) 308-9333.

DC83
Jan 9, 2008, 3:55 PM
Their present site has already been rented out. They do not know who is moving in.

Is this for sure? I noticed a "For Lease" sign in their window yesterday?

raisethehammer
Jan 9, 2008, 3:56 PM
last time Paul Wilson wrote about it he said the block would be empty now, other than the soon-to-come (hopefully) London Tap House.

LikeHamilton
Jan 14, 2008, 3:46 AM
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/2405/img4090ah2.jpg

raisethehammer
Jan 14, 2008, 4:14 AM
I always chuckle at that doorway...

chris k
Jan 14, 2008, 10:42 PM
So does anyone know whats happening where they were previouly located, on John i beleive???

the dude
Jan 14, 2008, 11:38 PM
some serious work happening at the old food court. walked through there today.