PDA

View Full Version : Where can one find a great pizza?

SteelTown
Nov 13, 2007, 3:19 AM
Nowadays it's super hard to find a good pizza, it's all bland and crap.

So name a joint that you know that makes great pizza in Hamilton.

I love stone baked pizza. Thin and crunchy pizza. The best stone baked pizza that I know is in Niagara Falls called Napoli Ristorante & Pizzeria, at the corner of Ferry and Stanley Avenue. God it's so friggin good, I always take home a large pizza home before I leave Niagara Falls. Plus that have variety of pizza toppings.

Seriously if you go to Niagara Falls again go to Napoli Ristorante & Pizzeria and get a pizza, they also make great Italian food too. They have identical twin waiters too, totally messed me up one time haha.

matt602
Nov 13, 2007, 4:54 AM
National Pizza right downtown on King, two doors east of James. Not really a fancy pizza, but not greasy either. They do great slices and it gets really tasty if you slather on the garlic sauce.

I have friends that travel from as far away as Thunder Bay and Rochester looking forward to this stuff. Don't be fooled though, the other National Pizza stores are not as good for some reason. The downtown one seems especially good.

I've been to Napoli before I think, it was quite good.

beanmedic
Nov 13, 2007, 6:55 AM
National Pizza right downtown on King, two doors east of James. Not really a fancy pizza, but not greasy either. They do great slices and it gets really tasty if you slather on the garlic sauce.

I have friends that travel from as far away as Thunder Bay and Rochester looking forward to this stuff. Don't be fooled though, the other National Pizza stores are not as good for some reason. The downtown one seems especially good.

I've been to Napoli before I think, it was quite good.

Yes you are 100% correct. Their pepperoni is exceptional and that garlic sauce makes the pizza amazing.

raisethehammer
Nov 13, 2007, 12:20 PM
Cafe Limoncello on Ottawa St doesn't a nice Italian pizza.
One Duke does a great thin crust like you're asking for.
Basilique in Westdale is incredible. Pizza toppings and quality are out of this world.
The Capri on John North does a great home-made pizza.
My personal fave is Bronzies on James South. Amazing!

flar
Nov 13, 2007, 1:57 PM
Bronzies' pizza is a little different than typical pizza, but very good.

SteelTown
Nov 13, 2007, 2:40 PM
I've been having a major crave for good pizza lately so I'll check one of these places this weekend.

There's always the Attic at Stoney Creek. Haven't been there in years though.

DC83
Nov 13, 2007, 2:58 PM
For "cold" pizza, DEFINATELY Zarkey's! Mmmmm
I agree with rth, Basilique in Westdale does haveincredible pizza. Not too expensive either.

But as for now, I think I'll take a lil detour and make my way to Zarkey's this aft when I check out London Tap House's stucco rumour :(

SteelTown
Nov 13, 2007, 3:19 PM
Sweet Paradise makes good cold pizza too. I get the cheese alone one.

DC83
Nov 13, 2007, 3:28 PM
Sweet Paradise makes good cold pizza too. I get the cheese alone one.

Apparently they have good food, altho I've never tried them. My roomate threw a Shower and they had it catered by Sweet Paradise.

That's at Stonechurch/Paradise, right?

block43
Nov 13, 2007, 3:42 PM
They have really good wood fired thin crust pizza at La Cantina Ristoraunte on Walnut.

raisethehammer
Nov 13, 2007, 3:55 PM
also, forgot to mention Pepperjack Cafe on King William. Great pizza there too.

SteelTown
Nov 13, 2007, 4:20 PM
Apparently they have good food, altho I've never tried them. My roomate threw a Shower and they had it catered by Sweet Paradise.

That's at Stonechurch/Paradise, right?

Yep, I live around the area so I'm at Sweet Paradise every once in awhile, they make donuts too. They also make good buns and bread.

markbarbera
Nov 13, 2007, 10:30 PM
I agree, Cantina is a good spot for pizza baked in wood-burning ovens.

The stuffed pizza at Chicago-Style on the mountain is one of my favourites too.

SteelTown
Nov 13, 2007, 10:35 PM
God I swear I gain like 5 pounds after eating a deep dish pizza from Chicago at Upper Sherman, it's better to eat the next day as it's harden up.

flar
Nov 15, 2007, 1:09 AM
I had some pizza from Basilique tonight, very good. I think it's the kind of crust you're looking for Steeltown. Thin and light, yet crispy and not burnt at all.

SteelTown
Nov 15, 2007, 1:35 AM
I'll try Basilique especially since it's in Westdale I'll probably pop over after work. I checked and Basilique has their own website....

http://www.basilique.ca/

They even have a whole vegetarian section on the pizza menu! Me likely!

ihateittoo
Nov 15, 2007, 10:06 PM
basilique's eggplant parmasean submarine was sent by god.

matt602
Nov 16, 2007, 4:56 AM
You guys are gonna make my legs hurt from all the walking and my wallet hurt from all the spending. Well at least I have tons of new places to take out of towners :)

AndyLHoang
Nov 17, 2007, 10:47 PM
+1 for the Basilique! Best pizza in the area. I really like the Montreal pizza!