PDA

View Full Version : Comments and Technical Questions - Vancouver Forum

mr.x
Nov 1, 2007, 5:58 AM
Post to this topic if you have any forums-related questions (technical or not) or comments for the moderator.

Nutterbug
Nov 9, 2007, 8:16 AM
You should set it up so that the last post, thread and post count of the British Columbia forum shows up on the Local:Vancouver page, so that people don't ignore it altogether.

Nutterbug
Nov 9, 2007, 8:55 AM
Another idea:

Move all the news related stuff from the General Discussion section and combine it with the Politics forum, and bring all the other General stuff out to the front page here. Too much stuff of general importance (especially that pertaining to forum matters) probably gets skipped over because people don't want to click into it.

mr.x
Nov 9, 2007, 8:23 PM
those are all pretty good ideas...

jlousa
Nov 9, 2007, 9:32 PM
I'm pretty busy so I don't do into the SSP Vancouver and search all the sub forums. I just check the new posts since my last visit, that way I can quickly scan all posts that might be of interest. The problem is, it only shows up to 8 pages of new posts. I would love for it to show more. Also there are now so many sub-groups and threads with the same titles in those forums that I end up clicking on threads that are of no interest to me. It would be great if all Vancouver forums could start with YVR then the name, it VYR suburbs, YVR transportation. Instead I find myseld trying to see if I recognize the last poster or thread starter before I click on it, and even then I get caught looking at threads about Portland or Halifax every now and again.

Nutterbug
Dec 24, 2007, 6:23 PM
those are all pretty good ideas...

So can those ideas be implemented?

mr.x
Dec 24, 2007, 8:41 PM
the ideas were sent to administrators weeks ago, and are in discussion.