PDA

View Full Version : Sens army HQ

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

ajldub
Oct 27, 2007, 8:44 AM
Welcome to the sens army HQ. This thread is for Ottawa hockey lovers and sinners everywhere to debate, praise, and suggest changes to the team we know and love.

To start this off, who should be between the pipes come playoff time, assuming the stats don't change too much come springtime?

AuxTown
Oct 28, 2007, 6:25 PM
I think we have to go with Ray Emery. He has shown us nothing but solid play (and a couple injuries) since his entrance into the league. That's more than can be said for Gerber, who has had a few major stretches of mediocrity. Nonetheless, Gerber played well last night and it's gonna be a tough decision in the end. I don't think it matters who starts. The Sens seem to play amazing as long as they have confidence in their goalie.

Jamaican-Phoenix
Oct 29, 2007, 4:13 AM
Woo! Kicked some Devil ass!!!

I gotta say, not a good way to open your new home. :haha:

YOWflier
Oct 29, 2007, 1:29 PM
It's way too early to make this call.

That said, we absolutely should NOT go back to Emery 'just because'. Gerber is playing extremely well and in doing so has earned back the #1 position. He has stolen the job from Emery and now it's his job to lose (or perhaps it is Emery's to win back).

Either way, this is a very good problem to have. Two goaltenders who are playing well (Emery only played once but performed well in that game), each of them fighting for the #1 job.

I say don't change a thing. Let the goalies answer this question for us.

ajldub
Oct 29, 2007, 6:08 PM
I agree, Emery needs to earn his way back to first string in my opinion.

BTW what's up with the schedule? Specifically why does it suck? 2 games in thirteen days... I'm having difficulty sleeping at night and losing weight.

AuxTown
Oct 29, 2007, 6:26 PM
I agree, Emery needs to earn his way back to first string in my opinion.

BTW what's up with the schedule? Specifically why does it suck? 2 games in thirteen days... I'm having difficulty sleeping at night and losing weight.

I hear you, it's killing me. I was working in Niagara Falls for the last month and only got 2 Sens games, both against the Leafs. Now, I come home, and they're never playing.....and when they are, it's not on TV. Now I might have to resort to doing something productive. :(

Danman
Oct 31, 2007, 5:53 PM
I cant beleive they are showing us Leafs Games instead of Ottawa Games on Hockey Night In Canada...
Who in the hell watches Leafs games anyways?:koko:

Jamaican-Phoenix
Oct 31, 2007, 9:47 PM
:previous: The Righteous Leafs Nation.

:P :haha:

AuxTown
Oct 31, 2007, 10:04 PM
We're on CBC National on Saturday though!

AuxTown
Nov 1, 2007, 2:27 PM
Should be an interesting game against the struggling Thrashers tonight. You can't discount talent like Hossa and Kovalchuk, but the Sens better put them to bed tonight. Atlanta have no D and Montreal should have burried them the other night. Instead, they took the night off. We won't make the same mistake.
http://www2.ottawasenators.com/_static/webUpload/266/1024_1.jpg

ajldub
Nov 2, 2007, 9:27 AM
Whoa that was too close. Last night was a great reason why if I had to trade one goalie it would be Emery. But hey, two points is two points. I can't help but miss Hossa every time he takes to the ice...

AuxTown
Nov 2, 2007, 2:58 PM
I wonder if they will trade Emery?? You know who's gonna pick him up don't you? The Leafs. It would be a shame if we had to face our old #1 8 times a season. I need to see a few more games on TV to get an idea if Gerber is the real deal this season. On a different note, what's with John Paddock's shirt/tie combination last night? He really needs a stylist or something, that was awful.

Jamaican-Phoenix
Nov 2, 2007, 3:01 PM
Why are people suddenly talking about trading Emery?!

Good God people, the man helped lead us through the playoffs when Hasek pulled his groin, and he was just the backup at that point! He also helped get us to the Stanley Cup Finals last season.

He's had wrist surgery, and has only played 2 AHL games and now 2 NHL games.

Now there's already trade talks amongst the fans?! Good God, talk about ruthless... :rolleyes:

AuxTown
Nov 2, 2007, 3:08 PM
Now there's already trade talks amongst the fans?! Good God, talk about ruthless...

I like Emery, but 2 of the 4 goals last night went right through him. I'm not jumping on the trade bandwagon yet, but he better sharpen up after a few games. We're gonna have to make a decision eventually.

Jamaican-Phoenix
Nov 2, 2007, 3:45 PM
We're gonna have to make a decision eventually.

Yeah, but that decision doesn't have to be trade talks! :rolleyes:

Make Gerber #1 and Emery #2. Simple.

AuxTown
Nov 2, 2007, 4:40 PM
Yeah, but that decision doesn't have to be trade talks! :rolleyes:

Make Gerber #1 and Emery #2. Simple.

I get your point, but we can't afford to pay two multi-million dollar goalie salaries. We have Spezza's contract to deal with this year, another player who it is rumoured that Toronto is eyeing.

ajldub
Nov 2, 2007, 5:05 PM
Agreed Otown. Having two cadillac goalies takes up a lot of cap room. I don't think keeping them both on the payroll at current wages is sustainable in the long run - don't get me wrong, I'd love to see them both stay...

Jamaican-Phoenix
Nov 2, 2007, 5:16 PM
Ditch Redden, keep Razor Ray and Spezza.

Jamaican-Phoenix
Nov 2, 2007, 5:19 PM
Update: We just inked Spezza.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=221972&hubname=

AuxTown
Nov 2, 2007, 6:24 PM
Update: We just inked Spezza.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=221972&hubname=

Maybe he wasn't actually hurt last night but, instead, deep in the throngs of contract negotiation. Good for him and the Sens though. This team is looking like a dynasty waiting to happen. Sens vs. Wings in the final this year! If that was the case last year, we would have won the cup; the Ducks were a bad match for our team.

Jamaican-Phoenix
Nov 2, 2007, 9:53 PM
:previous: I was rooting for the Wings last season.

ajldub
Nov 4, 2007, 4:20 PM
Eleven and one, with three PP goals. Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained?!!?? Is this not why you came here??

AuxTown
Nov 5, 2007, 5:06 AM
Another solid effort by the boys tonight. A little sloppy in their own end but we can't expect to be completely dominant every game. They don't ask you how you got the points at the end of the season do they?...

ajldub
Nov 5, 2007, 7:00 AM
We really are so spoiled...

Jamaican-Phoenix
Nov 5, 2007, 3:28 PM
Wow, the Sens are doing really well this season! :D

I guess they are hungry for the cup. I hope they tear up the ice all the way to the finals; GO SENS GO!!! :D

Jamaican-Phoenix
Nov 7, 2007, 3:48 PM
Well I guess the "Army" utterly conquered the "Nation" last night. 5-1 WOOO!!! :D

Rico Rommheim
Nov 7, 2007, 3:51 PM
Hello all,

I have a question, on which channel do you Sens fans watch your games, do the Sens have their own specialty channel, or does the Ottawa region have a local sports chanel like NESN? I was wondering because last night I noticed RDS was covering the game but TSN was covering Raptors basketball? :koko:

thanks guys!

Danman
Nov 7, 2007, 4:08 PM
Hello all,

I have a question, on which channel do you Sens fans watch your games, do the Sens have their own specialty channel, or does the Ottawa region have a local sports chanel like NESN? I was wondering because last night I noticed RDS was covering the game but TSN was covering Raptors basketball? :koko:

thanks guys!

Last nights game was on rogers sportsnet, the thurday games are on the Achannel...I prefer Dean Brown as the commentator as opposed to the CBC's Bob Cole

Rico Rommheim
Nov 7, 2007, 4:13 PM
Right I forgot about Rogers Sportsnet, right. Thanks!

ajldub
Nov 7, 2007, 4:27 PM
Rico,
Welcome to the HQ, make yourself at home. Some anglos I know will watch the french broadcast and pick up the english commentary on team1200.com, if that's your situation.

Rico Rommheim
Nov 7, 2007, 5:10 PM
Thanks, I'm actually a Habs fan but also closely follow the Sens, its almost impossible to not want to follow the sens these days, they're so damn good!

AuxTown
Nov 8, 2007, 5:34 PM
Just for reference, here's a link the Sens Broadcast Schedule directly from the Ottawa Senators website: http://senators.nhl.com/team/app?service=page&page=TeamSchedule

Bad game last night. Not the greatest effort and the bounces were definately not going our way. Hopefully, we fare better on Saturday against the habs.

AuxTown
Nov 12, 2007, 4:32 AM
Best game of the year by far on Saturday! Great effort by both teams. The Sens couldn't buy a good bounce in the first 54 minutes then things just started happening for them. I can't wait to meet the Habs in the Conference semis this year (my prediction). Go Sens!

Rico Rommheim
Nov 18, 2007, 4:18 AM
What the hell happened tonight? It was a complete trail off!

AuxTown
Nov 18, 2007, 4:23 PM
That was a really poor effort all around last night. There was no intensity from anyone on the team. Disappointing to say the least.

Mille Sabords
Nov 19, 2007, 4:34 PM
Hello all,

thanks guys!

We actually have a budding specialty pay-per-view channel, called Sens TV. This is their schedule:
http://senators.nhl.com/fr/ext/pdf/07_Sens_TV_factsheet_Fr.pdf

Yeah, I guess with the team dropping to 15-3 we'll soon start to panic. Fire the coach! Trade Heatley! Goddamnt it, three losses guys, what the hell's wrong with you slackers?

eemy
Nov 19, 2007, 5:11 PM
Yeah, I guess with the team dropping to 15-3 we'll soon start to panic.

Not only that, I'm pretty certain you LOSE points for losing to the Leafs. The situation is worse than you thought. :( ;)

Jamaican-Phoenix
Nov 29, 2007, 11:40 PM
Well, it's official; the Sens are in their first rut of the season. :P

ajldub
Nov 30, 2007, 12:34 AM
They're going to bring the magic back tonight, JP, just watch them...

Jamaican-Phoenix
Nov 30, 2007, 5:15 AM
did they?

ajldub
Nov 30, 2007, 11:09 AM
we really aren't getting the lucky bounces these days...

Jamaican-Phoenix
Nov 30, 2007, 3:24 PM
Well hopefully things will turn around soon.

GO SENS GO!!!

waterloowarrior
Feb 12, 2008, 1:57 AM
Eaves and Corvo for Stillman and Commodore ... should be good for the playoffs
http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/story.html?id=02db614d-748e-4048-9b12-0962a06ec07a&k=85098

AuxTown
Feb 12, 2008, 4:12 AM
I am a big Patrick Eaves fan and I hate to see him go, but I like this trade. Those are two really great character verterans who will bring a lot to this team's fragile psyche. Now we have two D-lines each with a solid stay-at-home presence (Phillips and Commodore) and two forward lines with at least two scorers (the big line and Fisher/Stillman). Now if only Emery could start playing like he did last season and we will be unstoppable.
http://www2.ottawasenators.com/_static/images/www/pages/sensarmy.gif

harls
Feb 12, 2008, 5:21 PM
Fisher and Stillman should work well together.

ajldub
Feb 12, 2008, 10:38 PM
Great trade. Duhatchek had a good article about it in the globe today.

eemy
Feb 17, 2008, 1:10 AM
Either CBC has come to its senses, or Bell screwed out. Either way, it appears us folks in S. Ont are able to watch the Ottawa game tonight on Expressvu.

Rico Rommheim
Feb 20, 2008, 7:58 AM
Well here it is, Ottawa and Montreal...neck and neck, still. I expect this to be quite the battle for the top! Things could change on thursday when Ottawa faces the unpredictable Blue jackets and Montreal greets Malkin and his squad of hired goons at the bell centre....

ajldub
Feb 20, 2008, 9:25 AM
I'd love to take on Montreal in the postseason, there's a rivalry waiting to happen...

AuxTown
Feb 20, 2008, 10:12 PM
Montreal and Ottawa in the conference final would be one for the ages. The first Ottawa-Montreal game earlier in the season was the most exciting one I've seen all year. Two very good teams with top notch talent. One can hope.

harls
Feb 21, 2008, 9:19 PM
Looks like they've released 500 tix for the Leafs game on Monday now, maybe I'll snap some up.

ajldub
Feb 28, 2008, 12:41 PM
Well the Paddock firing had to happen. Hopefully we can work the new players into the fold and turn things around between now and playoffs...

Mille Sabords
Feb 28, 2008, 3:53 PM
Well the Paddock firing had to happen. Hopefully we can work the new players into the fold and turn things around between now and playoffs...

At this point I'm hoping we fall back to 6th place in the conference and face someone like Carolina in the first round. I wouldn't want to go up against Philly or some other hungry team with nothing to lose, in the state we're in right now. We need a first round we can win with talent first because that's what we have.

I'll say it again, Bryan Murray has a problem of his own. He should've stepped in as the GM and resolved the goalie situation two months ago. Pick one and trade the other. He could've made a good trade with Gerber in December-January, and stuck with Emery to go to the playoffs. One of the two was the outsider and it wasn't Emery. I explain a lot of his antics to a very understandable bad mood about being treated as a backup after taking the team to the final. It doesn't excuse his sour grapes but then again what message is the team sending, signing him to a big contract then treating him as they did.

Rico Rommheim
Mar 1, 2008, 3:19 AM
Move aside Ottawa there's a new pimp in town and his name is "The Habs"!!!
:whip:

Mille Sabords
Mar 3, 2008, 3:49 PM
Move aside Ottawa there's a new pimp in town and his name is "The Habs"!!!
:whip:

Them's fightin words! :twoguns:

Rico Rommheim
Mar 9, 2008, 5:25 AM
Its awfully quiet in here these days, what aren't the sens doing good? :D :cheers:

Jamaican-Phoenix
Mar 9, 2008, 6:07 AM
Its awfully quiet in here these days, what aren't the sens doing good? :D :cheers:

Be careful that karma doesn't come back to bite you in the ass... :P

And we beat Phoenix 4-2...

You were sayin'? :haha:

Mille Sabords
Mar 9, 2008, 3:43 PM

We have the firepower to come back, take first place away from you like taking a lollipop from a toddler, and bury you in goals like the snowstorm we just had. We're playing you guys soon, in fact...

Rico Rommheim
Mar 12, 2008, 4:14 PM
Yeah well Thursday's game is going to be the game from hell, I predict a crushing yet educational Habs victory!

AuxTown
Mar 13, 2008, 3:11 AM
I'm predicting a decisive Sens victory. Should be an amazing game though. We win and we're in first place in the Eastern Conference!

Rico Rommheim
Mar 13, 2008, 3:50 AM
We win and we're in first place in the Eastern Conference!

You win and you'll only be tied with the Habs but with a games less in hand, and that's only assuming NJ loses tomorrow night.

Mille Sabords
Mar 13, 2008, 12:59 PM
You win and you'll only be tied with the Habs but with a games less in hand, and that's only assuming NJ loses tomorrow night.

I don't really care about first place myself, but I know we're gonna smoke the Habs and that will be sweet enough. You better hope your team doesn't get too embarrassed tonight. :D

AuxTown
Mar 14, 2008, 2:29 AM
Solid game by the boys tonight! Looks like we'll be peaking just in time for the playoffs again this year.

Rico Rommheim
Mar 14, 2008, 3:55 AM
ARGH!

harls
Mar 14, 2008, 4:15 AM
man, this division is tight. Habs lose one game and go from 1st to 5th in one night!

I think Alfie's presence had something to do with the way they played tonight. Nobody even took a shot at him, which was surprising.

Jamaican-Phoenix
Mar 14, 2008, 2:35 PM
ARGH!

:P

Rico Rommheim
Mar 14, 2008, 4:48 PM
Don't be smart buster, we'll be back! And we'll shop you all!

Mille Sabords
Mar 14, 2008, 5:17 PM
Don't be smart buster, we'll be back! And we'll shop you all!

You wanna talk about smart? Who was it that came in here, into OUR HOUSE, our SSP Ottawa chat room, talking trash about new pimps in town. Well, I just lined my pimp ride with some Hab rims, brother. And I'ma get me some more on March 24th!!! :cool:

Rico Rommheim
Mar 15, 2008, 7:10 PM
I crashed into your crib and I brought it much needed life brother! Tonight we'll jack the Islanders and take back the division!

AuxTown
Mar 31, 2008, 7:23 PM
OK team, we seem to be having some serious issues lately; likely related to the lack of fan support here on SSP. Is anyone else starting to really worry that the Sens will miss the playoffs? Of course I pray that it doesn't happen, but these guys are playing like junk! Three games to go, we'll see what happens.

Jamaican-Phoenix
Apr 1, 2008, 3:17 AM
I think we'll get to the playoffs, but in honestly, I'd be surprised if we make it past the second round... :haha:

Cre47
Apr 2, 2008, 1:57 AM
Well playoff or not, they need to do some cleanup to this team of overpaid, overrated underachievers, starting first by trading Ray Emery.

Rico Rommheim
Apr 2, 2008, 6:02 AM
great game tonight!

Mille Sabords
Apr 2, 2008, 3:20 PM
great game tonight!

The Habs won't make it past the second round. It's not worth our time, as Ottawa fans, to bother watching the NHL after next week if our boys are out of it.

AuxTown
Apr 3, 2008, 12:54 AM
I've got to give it to the Habs, they are playing great and with a whole lot of confidence....it reminds me of another Eastern Conference Canadian team last year and the one before.

Sens baffled by late season collapse
The Ottawa Senators are once again turning to a win-and-you're-in policy to try and salvage their season. Former coach John Paddock instituted that line of thinking to sort out the team's uneven goaltending performance before he was fired in February.

(from TSN.ca)

Looks like they're now realizing that they can't continue to play that ogre (Gerber). Emery is the better goalie regardless of all the crap he caused in the dressingroom. We need to get rid of both and start with a fresh face in net next season in my opinion.

Cre47
Apr 3, 2008, 2:32 AM
Well some good and bad news. The good, Philly and Boston lost (although Boston has one point). While, Ottawa is tumbling, I think Philly might be the team that will miss the playoffs as they have games against Pittsburgh and New Jersey, but Ottawa would simplify its cause with at least one win and preferably tomorrow.

Bad news is that Carolina won tying the Sens, while the Devils also won, meaning we cannot finish higher then 5th in the conference.

Cre47
Apr 4, 2008, 2:16 AM
Sens landed a public beating tonight on the Leafs tonight winning 8-2, however a playoff spot in not officially clinched as Washington won again. It would only need a lost by either Carolina, Philadelphia, Boston or Washington or a regulation tie against Boston and the playoff spot is secured.

Rico Rommheim
Apr 4, 2008, 2:20 AM
excellent work hens! A good whipping for our common enemy the leafs! Also welcome back to contention boys! :tup:

Cre47
Apr 4, 2008, 2:39 AM
I've forgot something but Alfredsson left the game thanks to a cheap shot by a Leaf player, the second time he's been injured via a cheap shot this season. Fisher was also injured in the game.

AuxTown
Apr 4, 2008, 5:02 AM
While the injuries are a big blow indeed, I'm very happy to see the boys pick up the intensity tonight. I know it was against a terrible team missing their captain, but solid team effort nonetheless. Now let's get that 1 needed point tomorrow night!

Mille Sabords
Apr 4, 2008, 12:32 PM
I BELIEVE. You just never know... The Sens have played poorly without their big names in the past but with so much on the line, a game against the bruins without Alfie and Fish might just turn the crank that one extra notch. Notice yesterday that several of the non-marquee players showed up... Verm with a hat trick, Cody Bass, Dean McAmmond...

11 in a row baby...... yeah!!

ajldub
Apr 4, 2008, 12:41 PM
The injuries don't sound too bad. I REALLY hope we take on Montreal in the first round, these cities are too close together not to get a rivalry going. And it's no fun beating the Leafs anymore...

theman23
Apr 4, 2008, 5:27 PM
And it's no fun beating the Leafs anymore...

You say that as if the Senators regularly beat the Leafs. This was their first win against them in 5 tries.

I've forgot something but Alfredsson left the game thanks to a cheap shot by a Leaf player, the second time he's been injured via a cheap shot this season. Fisher was also injured in the game.
Alfreddson shouldn't have kept his head down. It was a perfectly clean hit, and a great one too. Any Senators player would have tried to do the same.

harls
Apr 4, 2008, 6:43 PM
An elbow to the head is clean?

ajldub
Apr 4, 2008, 7:35 PM
theman23,
Everybody beats the leafs. That's why they aren't in the playoffs. That's why it's no fun watching them play anymore. That's why Ottawa needs a rivalry with a real central Canadian team. One with a little spine.

theman23
Apr 4, 2008, 8:14 PM
An elbow to the head is clean?

It wasn't an elbow to the head. It was a shoulder hit. The replay clearly shows that Bell's elbow didn't even go up until after Alfreddson was falling back. Also, the only reason it made contact with the head was because Alfreddson had his head down.

theman23,
Everybody beats the leafs.

Except, for 4 out of the last 5 times they've met, the Senators.

Cre47
Apr 5, 2008, 12:43 AM
Well Bell may be marked man next year, since he also delivered the knee on Fisher and tripped Redden into the boards. I didn't only Bell did all the damage but it seems yes.

Carolina is down 4-2 after 40 minutes. A lost by the Hurricanes and the Sens are officially in the playoffs.

Edit:Florida just defeated Carolina 4-3, so Ottawa is officially in the playoffs as it was the Hurricanes last game and they have two points less then the Senators.

Rico Rommheim
Apr 5, 2008, 2:51 AM
Bell is a complete cockfucker, I hope he gets raped big time during his prison sentence. He's

m0nkyman
Apr 5, 2008, 6:04 PM
^ Please. Finish your thought. ;)

Mille Sabords
Apr 6, 2008, 12:57 AM
Here's a question to all Sens Army: if you have a car, do you have a Sens flag on it? If you have a balcony, is a Sens flag hanging from it? WE'RE IN THE PLAYOFFS! It doesn't matter how much we stank lately, the playoffs is a whole new season. IS YOUR SENS FLAG UP?

Jamaican-Phoenix
Apr 6, 2008, 2:57 AM
I don't have a Sens Flag to put up. :(

Although I think my mom does... :P

harls
Apr 8, 2008, 2:15 PM
So what's this I hear that Pittsburgh threw their last game vs. Philly so they could play Ottawa in the first round? I think they need to be taught a lesson..

Jamaican-Phoenix
Apr 8, 2008, 3:37 PM
Pittsburgh wants revenge for our trouncing of them this season and our trouncing of them in last season's playoffs...There be a rivalry brewin'... :)

AuxTown
Apr 8, 2008, 4:41 PM
I'm lovin' the underdog status. I think we have a serious chance to win this series if we pick a defensive system and stick to it. With the Pens D, there is no question that we will get our chances so we just have to be patient. Not to mention that we are already in Fleury's head before the series even starts.

I bought tickets for next Wednesday in that 400-level restaurant/box called "The Ledge Carvery". I've sat there a few times and it's great for week night games as they feed you before and during the game so you don't have to worry about long waits at a restaurant or having to eat a giant pretzel for dinner.

Rico Rommheim
Apr 10, 2008, 5:30 AM
bump!

What aboot that game? Will the sens punish the pens next time?

AuxTown
Apr 11, 2008, 12:59 AM
That was an awful effort last night. All I can do is hope that the Sens will come out strong tomorrow night and show some of that heart that we saw last Spring (although much of that heart is sitting in the press box injured (Alfie and Fisher)). Gotta keep the faith though, Go Sens Go!

Mille Sabords
Apr 12, 2008, 1:59 AM
What a heartbreaker tonight!!! But an awesome effort by the boys to tie the game in the 3rd. Gerber parted the red sea with his 50+ saves. I'm still predicting Ottawa in 6.

TransitZilla
Apr 12, 2008, 4:02 AM
Dear Refs,

Thanks for bailing us out of one that Ottawa almost stole from us. Not only did we not have to kill that penalty we deserved, you bought our acting and gave us a PP to ice the game. We'll get you better TV ratings than Ottawa for sure.

Sincerely,
The Penguins

Jamaican-Phoenix
Apr 12, 2008, 5:03 AM
So close! :(

But hey, this means that the Sens now know they can play to win, and I think with tens of thousands of fans cheering for them on Monday is gonna help.

GO SENS GO!!!

waterloowarrior
Apr 15, 2008, 1:58 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4f/Broom_%28PSF%29.jpg/158px-Broom_%28PSF%29.jpg??

I missed the start of the 3rd period, which was unfortunate, because after the Penguins 4th goal the game got pretty boring.